JerryBaumchen

A jump cost

I just found an old receipt; 30 Sep 66 to 23,000 ft =
$7.50.

My entire first jump course was five bucks. Jump included. Of course, it was a co worker who gave me a back yard course. Funny, I landed in a FRONT yard.

:S:S:S

______
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I paid 50$ for my first jump course. I also got a free T-shirt, log book, and a bumper sticker!

I think Ralph charged $20 for all student jumps after that and after you had 25 jumps you paid $1 per thousand.

When I was 18 $50 still seemed like a lot of money.

1977 Easter Boogie at Z-Hills charged $7 to 10,500, $8 to 12,500, and had a SPECIAL $10 rate to 15,000. But I think the whole load had to pay the $10 in order to go.

Gotta love (or hate) inflation.

$8 in 1977 = $26 in 2005. $10 = $32.45.

From another post $7.50 in 1966 = $43.94 in 2005.
Not a bad deal if "23,000 feet" means AGL. Otherwise....

Last weekend I was paying $20 to somewhere between 12,000 and 15,000 feet in spite of Jet-A selling for $4 a gallon. Maybe these are the good old days?

Yeah, I remember the long summer afternoons when I would head out to Spaceland after work. For twenty bucks I could make three jumps and have a BBQ and a beer.

The attachment is for a jump at Doc's DZ in Hitchcock; don't even ask how it didn't get used, and I don't mind Doc owing me one last load...

Spring of 1970: Freefall prep jump course package, including 5 SL jumps and gear, $50 (with only one SL jump it was $35. SL jumps were $5 each.). First complete FF rig (7TU), with main, reserve (cotton twill), aircraft altimeter and stopwatch, $50. Hop & pops at 1,800 - 2,000 feet, $2. 12,500' for $7.50. New pair of "waffle stomper" boots, $18.00.

FJC $40, including packing lessons, gear, and all the PLFs I could do.

Student jumps were $10, $12 if I had an AOD on the reserve (required for first freefall). I don't remember if I packed those, but I probably did.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

FJC $40, including packing lessons, gear, and all the PLFs I could do.

Student jumps were $10, $12 if I had an AOD on the reserve (required for first freefall). I don't remember if I packed those, but I probably did.

Wendy W.

Let me guess:

a sentinal AOD :S

If you didn't pack for your student jumps then you didn't get to jump or had to jump some unknown students pack job.[:/]

R.I.P.

hey wartload
you started jumping same time as i did -- my sr year of hs

you up in northern virginia?
i am out west end of alexandria

I'm not in NOVA, but not too far away. I'm a bit down the river from you. I didn't start jumping in this area, but would come up to VA from time to time and jumped at Hartwood, Buckingham, West Point, and Shen Valley.