BMFin

Psycho or PRO ?

Done correctly they're both very reliable. Probably the main advantage of the PRO pack is that it's easier to do correctly (you can't forget the twist). The biggest advantage to the Psycho pack, in my opinion, is that it's easier and quicker than the PRO.
Try them both and decide for yourself.
-
Jim

I propack my hornet 150 and just tuck the nose in the center cell.... Plus by "cigar rolling " the shit at the top of the pack job when its laid out it makes (I think) it just as easy to get it in the bag as the pyscho pack!!!
jason

I propack my hornet 150 and just tuck the nose in the center cell.... Plus by "cigar rolling " the shit at the top of the pack job before you S fold it when its laid out ,, makes (I think) it just as easy to get it in the bag as the pyscho pack!!!
jason

well my last 50 or so jumps have been pcycho packed and before that all pro-packed. I get soft consistent openings either way. Why did I go to the psycho pack? Its easier to get in the bag and a little faster. I did find that I would get the occasional slammer when propacking something I have yet to get psycho packing, but who knows it could happen next jump..

I psycho pack my Stiletto because it's new and it's the only way I can get it in the bag. I get softer openings with the psycho pack, but normal openings are soft enough, this isn't a priority for me.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Psycho packing tends to wear on your canopy a bit quicker from what I hear..

There's a very simple solution to this - a bridle extension. A six inch piece of fabric or line that runs from the bridle attachment point on your canopy to your bridle. It also makes it much easier to get the psycho packed canopy into the bag.
_Am

You add more material to the canopy attachment point on the canopy then attach the bag and kill line to the new attachment point. The new attachment point should add at least 6 inches to the bridle then.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

So with a kill-line PC, must I have the kill-line extended also?

Nope. You basically add six inches of fabric or line between the french link and the canopy.
_Am