SkydiveMonkey

Full face tips

Main thing is visibility is not quite as good. So put it on and do some practice handle touches. Also if you wear a chest mount altimeter it will be a little more difficult to pick up. Check handles under canopy too, before you flip up the visor, just get used to finding your handles and you'll be fine. I really love my full face and rarely jump without it anymore.

Like it's been said, you probably won't be able to see your handles with it on. Make sure you can find em with your eyes closed easily. A dark visor may not be a good idea if you're going to do RW. I'm no expert, but I've heard many times that eye contact is the most important thing.
Also, when it arrives, you'll want to adjust the lining a little to prevent it from fogging. From www.unfeathered.com:
"ABOUT LENS FOGGING:
Although your lens has an anti-fog coating on it, warm air on the inside applied right next to the lens (ususally from your nose) will cause fogging. The problem is usually easily corrected by a simple adjustment of the liner -- disconnect the liner at the chin and reattach it below the actual helmet opening. This allows better air flow and typically eliminates the problem."
Also when you get it the first thing you'll do is adjust the collar to fit. Adjust it once, then tuck the adjustment thing into the hole in the collar (as it says in the instructions). Don't readjust it every time you put it on.
Personally I like to open the visor after opening. I find that it fogs up in cold weather under canopy (although the last time I tried it in the real cold was before I did the liner adjustment), and I have found I judge my flare a little better with it open. If it's cold, you can open it just a crack to prevent fogging but keep the wind off your face.
Also, in the real cold, if it does fog up and you cant see your altimeter, make sure you don't lose track of altitude. One guy at my DZ had his Z1 fog up in freefall a few months ago. He ended up pulling low, had his cypres fire, and landed either with an entaglement or a downplane, not sure which. He broke his back and arm on landing. He's fine now though, I think. Just be careful of stuff like that.
Practice opening it before you use it. Get the motion down. It can be done with one hand easily once you figure it out.
Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com

As an addendum to that - if you can't open the visor (or are using a helmet without an openable visor) and it fogs up, take it off. If that makes it hard to fly your parachute, drop the helmet. It is much, much better to lose your helmet than to break your femur or your back as a result of a fogged helmet - and I've seen both happen.
-bill von

>>If that makes it hard to fly your parachute, drop the helmet
>Flying objects? is that a good idea?
It is a better idea than trying to land blind, or dropping a toggle during the flare because you can't hang on to the helmet and toggle at the same time.
-bill von

I love my Z-1 - Lots of tips posted here on the fogging here- Practice opening it on the ground- I pop mine open under canopy to help with fogging- I have also discovered I can wear my sunglasses under it quite nicely, and since I wear contacts, this helps with the dry eyes problem- If you use an audible, be careful with the pockets- they're not the most secure. I'm working out a Velcro method to keep them in the pocket for no worries-
Blue ones-
-D