jtval

DB Cooper

Not being an American, I cannot count on any rights according to your laws. As for the other question.......wouldnt y'all like ta know.

The rights outlined in our constitution are extended to all criminals regardless of their nationality.:S
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

we had a guy that jumped at snyders dz in nj at the time.he was the spitting image of db.even smoked raleigh filter cigarettes.also some time later , a dz opened near atlantic city and put an advertisement in the local paper ,something like learn to jump.. we teach landings in water, trees ,in jail.the local fbi office paid him a visit (rumor has it).no sense of humor these feds.

Ha! I'm not DB Cooper but I am the guy who put the above advert in the newspapers.

The ad read something like "...Learn skydiving. Course includes: How to hold the attache case in freefall, landings in trees, water and in jail. "

You have a pretty fair memory for such an old fart, there Ol' NitroChute.

I remember flying for Elek or Steve one weekend after I closed my DZ and saw a copy of that ad on the bulleting board in the old 'dome' building. Man, did I ever laugh after seeing that ad.

Truth be told, though, the FBI never actually interviewed me. Some agent-dressed guys came and hung around to see what was up and a couple of guys we thought were FBI went throught the FJC. Matter of fact, I was always kinda pissed that they didn't take me in for questioning.

Thanks for reminding me of this. If I can find the ad in my scrapbook in the attic I'll write something up.

Terry Crowe says, "Hello!" by the way.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

As I remember it, the stairs were damaged. In fact I believe they modifed the aircraft so that the stairs could not be deployed in flight after that

Isn't that feature called a "Cooper Vane" or something? I think i remember reading that somewhere.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

As I remember it, the stairs were damaged. In fact I believe they modifed the aircraft so that the stairs could not be deployed in flight after that

Isn't that feature called a "Cooper Vane" or something? I think i remember reading that somewhere.

It is actually called a "DB Cooper Lock." I found info on it here: http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:HLf4do7oelkJ:www.aaae.org/government/200_Regulatory_Affairs/260_ARFF_Certification/400_Aircraft_Familiarization/boeing727.ppt+boeing+727+stairs+lock&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

If you scroll down, you will find a section called "Exits" that will contain the information.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

However, on another site I found something called a "Cooper Vane." Here is a photo:

http://www2.tech.purdue.edu/At/Courses/AEML/airframeimages/coopervane.jpg

I assume airflow keeps the door (which is lowered by gravity) from lowering in flight even if unlocked....

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Tell that line of BS to the guys being held at Gitmo.

In case you haven't noticed, they are POW's not criminals. Maybe you have to have severed to know the difference.[:/]

Interesting fact: call it a war and do it off American soil, and you have no pesky oversight or legality issues. Johnson v. Eisentrager, 1950. That's why Guantanamo is on what is technically Cuban soil.

My thoughts on this are better placed in Speaker's Corner, so I'll stop now.

ha that article quotes a couple users from dz.com.

I'd guess since they never found any of those bills in circulation (and there were 10,000), that they rotted at the bottom of the river a long time ago. If Cooper managed to survive, he didn't get to use the money.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Charlie,
This is Rick McG again, where do u live now, and did u start jumping because u didnt jump back then. Also do u know what happened to everyone like BARKLEY, SAK, SELM, Pete WILSON, Gene ROTHER , JOHN MEYERS to name a few? Take it easy, Rick McG.

P.S. Do u remember when John Meyers came up from Florida with the first "hand deployed pilet chute?" Also u told me when Ray Kurst went in in down in Noth Carolina.

[email protected]

Hi Harry,

About a week after the heist, I got a call from Personnel (I worked for a US agency) asking me to come over. Once there I was directed to a room where this guy was sitting. He got up, closed the door and introduced himself as a FBI agent.

He then proceeded to grill me on where I was, what I knew, did I have any idea on who it might be, etc, etc.

Once he decided that it wasn't me we had a great conversation; he was actually quite friendly. The one thing I remember him saying was that they (the FBI) did not have a clue as to who DB was.

That was one interesting hour of my life,

Jerry

Jerry, this is Jo Weber and this is my story:
I would really like to talk to you in person or by phone, but don[t know how to do that due to forum rules.

Folks, I need your help. I need to find out about skyjumpers in Georgia and S.C. and AL in 1968-1971. My handle tells the story - I am a 66 yrr old widow of a man who claimed he was D.B.Cooper or as he put it Dan Cooper. I have no knowledge of skyjumping, but when we were in Colorado we went into the mountains and there were jumpers jumping off of the cliffs - I don't remember what it was called, but that is not important. What is important is that he told me everything that they were doing and why they were doing it - this was in 1978 or 1979 and he was over a 50 yrs of age at that time.
It was not until his deathbed confession that I understood why he knew all of this. Now after 12 yrs of research I hope I have found the place that can help me. I am not sure where he learned to skydive, but he did - he kept something called a D-ring which was bought off of me at a garage sale after he died and the man paid me a quarter for it and told me what it was...I didn't know the significance of the item because I did not understand what he was trying to tell me in 1996 when he die nor did I know who Dan Cooper was.

The purpose of this post is HOW DO I FIND RECORDS OF JUMPERS FROM THAT TIME FRAME IN THOSE AREAS AND/OR PHOTOS OF JUMPERS FROM 1968 TO 1971? Can anyone help me? The FBI has not been of any help at all although they did take his DNA almost 4 yrs (MARCH OF 2003) ago after I had gone public, just to keep me quiet.

My old puter crashed and I am having the photos pulled off next wk. I would like to circulate the photos of him from various times in his life to skyjumpers to see if anyone can recognize this man.

My research of 10 feet deep is detailed and does everything except put him in a parachute. This is the one thing that will end this. This man I was married to for 17 yrs had been in 6 federal prisons in 7 states for a total of almost 17 yrs before I met and married him. I did not know of his criminal past and we had a good marriage.

I found an old alias he used on an article from a Mr. Echo - the name was Claude Webber. This was a known alias of Duane L. Weber, Dwayne Weber and Webber, John Claude Collins, John C. Weber, and many other variations. of Collins and Weber. I need to know if this Claude Webber in N.C. could have been Duane.

So many facts about the crime itself have been distorted - such as the location he landed in. Due to an error in the vector cause by the winds he landed much further SE of the search location. The weather conditions have also been distorted. It was bad weather only for a few seconds - the ground temperature was in the 40's and kids were camping and fishing the next morning as the search was conducted and this search area was further north than the area he landed in. I have an actual weather detailed report of the weather conditions and flying conditions from the time of the crime.

Can anyone help me with any information regarding others who may have been interviewed and the fact that I am looking for skyjumping history from 1943 while he served in the Navy and was stationecd in Jax, Fl. The Navy and Army will not reveal any detail information to me - other than the standard forms.
The Army came up "Access Denied" Classification Code Required. The man got the code and then told me that I was not listed as a relative - I told him of course not as I was only 3 yrs old at the time.
Duane was 17 yrs older than I. They never sent me any detail information about his time in the service.

Folsom and SanQuentin and McNei Island federal Prison had fire jumpers due to the shortage of manpower due to the war - and used prisoners. I can get no information of any of that. Duane had told me he had Ranger training - of course I thought he meant forest ranger - ranger meant nothing else to me.