slotperfect

Skydiving History Link

parachutehistory.com is run by our good friend Geronimo, who I think I'll try to con into coming over here every once in a while. There's at least one other new forum on dz.com that I think Geronimo might be interested in participating in. I think we could all learn quite a bit from this individual.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

John --

I'm not always sure if she wants other people to know if who she is in reference to that particular site. I mean, why the heck does she use a pseudonym on it? Her choice, obviously, but does she think that if she used her real name she'd have less credibility?

Anyway, I'm hoping you can contribute quite a bit to this area as well! No offence, but, um, you -are- history. ;)

quade -

John --

I'm not always sure if she wants other people to know if who she is in reference to that particular site. I mean, why the heck does she use a pseudonym on it? Her choice, obviously, but does she think that if she used her real name she'd have less credibility?

Anyway, I'm hoping you can contribute quite a bit to this area as well! No offence, but, um, you -are- history. ;)

Jeez, Paul. It was obvious from day 1 to anyone with 1/2 a brain who Geronimo is, and I don't think she made much of a secret of it.

Jeez, Paul. It was obvious from day 1 to anyone with 1/2 a brain who Geronimo is, and I don't think she made much of a secret of it.

No. I believe it was -sort of- obvious to those of us that know her in real life and at rec., but (and I might be wrong about this but I don't think so), my guess is there is a VAST number of people in this sport that have NEVER heard of her and don't know who she is even if she -IS- running for National Director.

As a matter of fact, I bet I could walk on to the Perris DZ right this minute (there's a big freefly film festival & party going on) and I'll bet the majority of them don't know who she is -- let alone have a clue as to the fact she runs several web sites or specifically parachutehistory.com under a pseudonym. And, of course, Perris is her home DZ!
quade -

I had the opportunity to talk with Jan about this very thing just tonight over dinner and she said that her name is at the bottom of all her news letters (in the fine print) if anyone was to read it.

She stated that she never kept it a secret, and never intended to.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Ok. Ok. You guys win! (Still . . . why the pseudonym? eh?)

Automated Email sorting.

Jan stated in a thread on wreck daht that she would like all subscription info, historical submissions, etc. to go to the Geronimo addy. BOD and personal business goes to her regular addy.

Also when we get emails from her, we can tell by the sender's addy which it is.

Beautiful in it's simplicity, no?

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Ok. Ok. You guys win! (Still . . . why the pseudonym? eh?)

Automated Email sorting.

Jan stated in a thread on wreck daht that she would like all subscription info, historical submissions, etc. to go to the Geronimo addy. BOD and personal business goes to her regular addy.

Also when we get emails from her, we can tell by the sender's addy which it is.

Beautiful in it's simplicity, no?

Besides, don't most people here run their accounts under a pseudonym? (well, except for the 'worlds most boring skydiver' :P )

:$ltdiver:$

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Besides, don't most people here run their accounts under a pseudonym? (well, except for the 'worlds most boring skydiver' )

Yes. My real name is Enrico.

Anyone wondering who Geronimo is might want to read this: http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=parachutehistory.com&SearchType=do

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I suggest that you take a look at
http://projectpi.skydiveworld.com
We have been trying like hell to put together a great site on all aspects of the first skydiving company, Parachutes Incorporated.

Anyone who has jumped at any of their 5 DZ's (Orange/Mass, Lakewood/NJ, Crawfordsville/IND, Hemet/CA and Elsinore/CA when they were PI DZ's are welcomed to contribute with their profiles and photos.

Cheers
Thom
Melbourne, Australia

I sort of associated Jan Meyer with Geronimo, but I always assumed he was a guy... Me an ass!!!

Skypuppy
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Some of there history maybe flawed, The ejection section has some misinformation. The flaming "US Fighter" ejection is a Russian MiG. And the "Ejection over England" is not from "around WWII" but is from the late 50's. and that's what I found in my first 3 min's. of looking.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,