CyniQ

Otter in Central Texas today...

There is an Otter flying every weekend in San Marcos and Houston and the cost of jumps are less expensive.
The planes fly almost non stop (they don't need people to fill the loads)
Spread you wings and try some different DZs and you'll be saving money also.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

cheaper than $25??? Not to mention free beer! San Marcos is way south for me. I'm sure I'll try it one day. But I heard that they're not as laid back as Skydive Temple. We've had a blast out there this weekend. And if you'll get your ass up here, I won't have to wait any longer for a full load!!!

Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles.

$22 dollars and yes free beer ($25 dollars is the most expensive in Texas and little planes don't cost as much to fly or go as high - enjoy your otter weekend it won't last)
As for the not so laid back thing -- well if you want to sit around and bullshit Temple the place to go If you want to jump San Marcos is where to go -- plane lands evey 20 minutes

As for me coming to Temple ------------ not a chance - I will never give the owner any of my money!!

Thats a little harsh don't you think....[:/] I have spent the last few weeks at skydive temple, and I really like it there:)B|

So I am glad that you like SSM so much, but don't bash someone else for trying to be positive about a dropzone. We need more FUN people!! and the free beer is nice too! Shinerbock on tap at all times!!:):P

They also have a decent group of up and coming freeflyers!! And a solid base of FS jumpers. So come on out Ya'll (a texas thing) and get your jump on (Orlando thing).B|

Sometimes when I see a man slip and fall, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I were an ant, and he fell on me... Then it wouldn't seem so funny

Well... Duh! No BJ's at your DZ? That explains why you're such a tool. :S

You know, everyone I've met at my local DZ (Skydive Temple), have been polite, fun, interesting folks with an enviable zest for life.

Imagine my surprise when I meet you two geniuses here on DZ.com... maybe you guys aren't really skydivers and you actually got lost on your way to your needlepoint/cross-stitch forum. :D

SD Temple is a fun DZ. Just like SD San Marcos. And Waller and Spaceland and Dallas and Aggieland and Granbury (well, it was fun, then it moved with a new owner and I haven't been to the new DZ, but I'm sure its fun)...

Basically when you get down to it DZs are fun not because of the planes or a difference in $1-2, but DZs are fun because of the friends you have there. That is what matters!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So I am glad that you like SSM so much, but don't bash someone else for trying to be positive about a dropzone. We need more FUN people!!

You could only wish for someone as fun as Voodew.
I think Mark burned a lot of bridges up there in the past so there are a LOT of us that really don't care what kind of airplane he has flying.
Which reminds me; Why don't you ask him where the Skyvan is?:S

Okay enough all ready! Reading these posts breaks my heart. A very wise skydiver once told me there's no perfect dropzone. So, please, if you can't say anything nice just don't say anything at all. Please.
Thanks.
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

Who's Mark? Oh... you mean the guy who sits in the office and says "20 minute call"?? Who cares whether you like him or not? There are LOTS of other people you can talk to out there. Come on out, I'll buy you a beer. I'll even find you a hatchet we can bury.

B|B|

There is an Otter flying every weekend in San Marcos...The planes fly almost non stop (they don't need people to fill the loads)

Umm adding my $.02 here from experience at San Marcos...
...sometimes, and many times more often than not, if you are the only fun jumper on a load, you have to go out at 10.5K in front of the tandems, but you still have to pay full price. How is that saving money? :| I've had to do that many a time...
http://3ringnecklace.com/

There is an Otter flying every weekend in San Marcos...The planes fly almost non stop (they don't need people to fill the loads)

Umm adding my $.02 here from experience at San Marcos...
...sometimes, and many times more often than not, if you are the only fun jumper on a load, you have to go out at 10.5K in front of the tandems, but you still have to pay full price. How is that saving money? :| I've had to do that many a time...

Really? I have never had to get out low. In fact this weekend I was the only SPORT jumper on two loads and I go my own pass at 14K.

I used to jump there and am starting up again this weekend and they never had us get out with the tandems, at least never on a load I was on. Even if I did I wouldnt be thrilled but wouldnt be mad, tandems pay for the DZ, sometimes fun jumpers have to just accept that.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Really? I have never had to get out low. In fact this weekend I was the only SPORT jumper on two loads and I go my own pass at 14K.

Kim and i REGULARLY got our own pass at 14k when we were jumping together, even if we were the only two fun jumpers on the plane.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Well I'm jumping in Temple tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. You can't do THAT in San Marcos. They don't jump on weekdays.

If you meet me there... maybe I can jump TWICE!!!

Please dear Lord baby Jesus... make the big bad ugly clouds go away and bring out the blue skies and light breezes tomorrow at 1:30.

Well I'm jumping in Temple tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. You can't do THAT in San Marcos. They don't jump on weekdays.

Where did you hear that? Sounds like you have been lied to over and over again
And SSM flys their otter during the week == and its still less expensive
Note they even let you do hop n pops and don't try to charge full price!

Actually I just got an email and they (Temple)are only charging $22 dollars a load!!!

I have been to San Marcos many a time and didn't ever get free beer......

If I want to jump out of an Otter this weekend it will cost me $27 a jump. That is not cool. Plus no free beer. YEAH MILE HI