ChickenSandwich

Is there a complete/current list of boogies?

The problem with trying to compile a list like that is who decides what gets on the list. There are some really great events that have earned the label "boogie" and then there are the places that have the "We are grilling hamburgers boogie" every other weekend.

I'm afraid all you can do is follow the buzz here and check the listings in Parachutist and Skydiving magazines.

That reminds me of a joke we were thinking about doing. When the term boogie really started to be over used we were joking about having a boogie and advertise all kinds of exotic planes. Then throw a party at an aircraft museum. We were going to call it "The no jump boogie".I thought it would be funny but thought better of it because I figured it could get out of control and I know people would be pissed if they didn't figure out the joke before they got there.

That's pretty messed up.

Anyone know why not?

Because there's loads of them, all the time, all over the place. And they're always changing. And there's no-one out there making a living from co-ordinating all the boogies. And lots of them are non-publicised word of mouth affairs. Etc.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

"We are grilling hamburgers boogie"

Where!!!!????!!

I'm Sooooo There!!!

:P

Rumor is that one is at Spence's house (or at the Roaming RV) every other weekend. :D:P I know he just loves to throw a burger grilling boogie!

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

... anyway...

When y'all hear about the "Hot Naked Chicks Giving FREE Blow-Jobs Boogie"... let us know!

;)

Fixed it for you

:(:(:(:(

You're right... *sigh*... I must be getting old if the first thing I think of to get FREE from a Hot Naked Chick at the DZ is a Pack-job vs. a Blow-job...

:D

surely they can do both?/ bet some could do it at the same time;) oh wait, then it might be a blown pack job...:S

Like Spence said.. What is a Boogie??

How do you determine what is just a Local Event and what is a Full Boogie?

To me if its a full week long... it qualifies as a Boogie.. anything else is just a party with a little jumping thrown in.

Boogie is a state of mind. Just keep your eyes and ears alert, and ask around. If you are going somewhere, maybe email the local DZs. Of course there are the big name events/boogies, which mostly make it on the lists published here, and in Parachutist and Skydiving mags.

There are pros and cons to boogies. Some events, and DZs are more accommodating for solo jumpers or relatively inexperienced jumpers. Some are better if you take your own group.

Most jumpers that have been around have one or two favorites. I have been around, and my favorite is Lost Prairie (in Montana, late July).

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History