Amazon

Lost Prairie 2007 40th Anniversary Boogie

I just looked in my logbooks. Ive got 16 waterjumps logged. 16 is a nice number...think I will keep it.

I wish ya had 17 bro, but then again I bet you do too. ;)

Blues,
Dave

Not really Dave. Waterjumps are a pain in the ass.
The only reason I have 16 is that that particular summer I was the only SL/JM that was willing to follow the noobs out when we staticlined them into Lake Mead.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I got a hell of a lot more than that... but I kept volunteering to take a slot for the water jumps a couple times a week...

Most of the juys there were just wanting to do a jump a month to get their jump pay.... me.. I like jumping so I took as many as they would let me... 2 classses a week for demos.. 2 jumps a week.... and if I could not get the chopper jump.. I would volunteer for the Parasail Demo to show them how to do that.... so it made for LOTS of water landings in the years I was stationed there.

Under a round.. BIG SPLASH.. lots more fun than BIG THUD.. on Terra-Way-Too-FIRMA.:D

We did the parasail thing once in water survival school, and got paidB|

We were launching off a little flatop boat facing into the wind with a power boat pulling on the parasail. The instructor tells us when you get the signal start running and don't stop running until you get airborn:)
Back in the day we were light enough:o we took one step and was got the express ride to altitude. B|

OTOH The big men would run right off the end of the platform and keep on moving their feet/legs on top of/under water until the power boat got enough speed up to get them airbornB|

In hindsight it could have been the enlisted swine takeing care of the young enlisted swine and screwing the older gentlemen/officers:P

Those who want to jump said rounds.. need to come sweat it out packing them suckas.....

Oh... and the reserves......belly warts.....they dont pack themselves either;)

Hi A

Did I hear you say packing the mains under supervision if required :o& riggers for the belly warts:).

Damn I think I hear the list peeps wanting to jump the rounds getting shorter.[:/]

I might go maybe. :)

Great!!!

Another babe:) don't forget your packing machine and John.:)
Happy B-day

If I come, then it will be just me all lonely and everything. John can't get off work and the packing machine has drivers ed, summer marching band and other commitments.

In hindsight it could have been the enlisted swine takeing care of the young enlisted swine and screwing the older gentlemen/officers

Oh you wouldnt think the power settings on the 30' Bertams might have been pulled back a little for some "special" students would you:)

Even the Instructors when rotating out of the unit... got that treatment:ph34r:

In hindsight it could have been the enlisted swine takeing care of the young enlisted swine and screwing the older gentlemen/officers

Oh you wouldnt think the power settings on the 30' Bertams might have been pulled back a little for some "special" students would you:)

:o:o:o

Damn I never even gave it a thought until I responded to your origional post. I was just joking, but now that you mention the possiabilityB|:ph34r:;)

Even the Instructors when rotating out of the unit... got that treatment:ph34r:

Great!!!

Happy B-day

If I come, then it will be just me all lonely and everything. John can't get off work and the packing machine has drivers ed, summer marching band and other commitments.

doc and I would so love to se you there.....warm up for the leap!!!!!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

<<>>

We were over there for a few days last week - weather sucked for July - it was warmer and sunnier in January when we were at Sucia Is.!!

We are coming over in august too - might be able to crash in on the Seattle Skydivers club party!!

7 sleeps,

Ed
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Great!!!

Happy B-day

So it'll be us cooking you dinner instead of vice versa, and 5 weeks earlier than we'll make it over to your side of the mountains? B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Great!!!

Happy B-day

So it'll be us cooking you dinner instead of vice versa, and 5 weeks earlier than we'll make it over to your side of the mountains? B|

Blues,
Dave

does that mean that you and the stepchild will be going over the leap for lupus?????
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

does that mean that you and the stepchild will be going over the leap for lupus?????

No, the school will be way too crazy for me to take a weekend off right after LP. But we do hope to hook up with John & Valinda in mid-September when we go over for my high school reunion. ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Just a reminder for those that can to take video of various stages of their trips to LP this year. It'd make a real nice intro to the boogie video.

So I think I might have purposed this a year or two ago but I have an idea. I think it would be fun to have people who are coming from different areas record video clips of their trips to LP.

Get video of loading up their cars, waiting at the airport, driving, pit stops, getting drunk on the plane, whatever else, finally culminating with turning onto the dirt road by McGregor Lake to the airport and lastly their arrival at the DZ. We can then submit the video to be compiled as a collage of sorts for the start of the boogie video.

If we could get at least one group from Canada, Washington, Orange, and Northern California to do this it would be great.

Any volunteers?

I'm not planning on being as involved in organizing water jumps this year. I love doing them but I just couldn't demonstrate the organizational ability to get everyone where we needed em when we needed them last year. Let's face it nobody likes to be on a schedule while at LP so making these things happen is like herding cats. Hopefully someone more capable can make it happen right this year.

OK, it's getting real now. Trying to figure out what all I need to do this week with only 4 sleeps left at home. I forgot to bring home the screen door for the trailer to get it fixed, I need to buy a card table, get an extra battery, check flashlights/head lamps, fill the third propane tank. Work is swamped and I haven't ever taken a full week off from this job and don't really have anyone who backs me up. I need to get some skydiving stuff taken care of (jumpsuit repairs, audible batteries), some steps/boards for the new truck to prevent the lower-level paint from getting all chipped up from the dirt roads...what else?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

OH! That's right! I'll try to remember to bring my tape measure with me!

A 6" ruler is long enough:D
One Jump Wonder

ARRRRGGGGHH

3 sleeps for me..

Spent the weekend getting things ready

Got the camper on the truck...

Got out the tent for my packers I am bringing.

Still need to buy a new packing tent..

Cleaned the BBQ and got the tanks filled.

Dug out the BIG coolers to bring home some Lang in.

Bought a new tempurpedic mattress for the camperB|:)
Got a new sleeping bag for the cold ass nights... the old bag SUCKED last year.

Dug out the snorkeling gear for the lake. Packed up the bathing suits.

Bought a few cases of water.

Took all the reserves/rigs to the rigger need to pick them up on WED. Dug out the flotation gear and rounds for the water jump.

Just about ready...

If everyone posts their lists.. it might remind us what we are forgetting.