MagicGuy

Dropzones Near San Francisco

There's a chance I may be relocating to San Francisco, but before I do I was wondering - what kind of skydiving scene happens in the San Francisco area? How far away is Perris?

I'm looking for a fun jumper Dropzone, not a Tandem factory. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

There's a chance I may be relocating to San Francisco, but before I do I was wondering - what kind of skydiving scene happens in the San Francisco area? How far away is Perris?

I'm looking for a fun jumper Dropzone, not a Tandem factory. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Lodi does do alot of tandems, and there are plenty of fun jumpers of every discipline there also. You'll never be bumped from a load for a tandem, as they will are always running 2 turbine aircraft ;)
Jump tickets to 13k are $15/each or $13/block.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I'd suggest spending a weekend at all of the dz's in the Bay Area and decide for yourself which you like best. Each has it's own vibe; each is worth at least an occasional visit even after you've chosen one as your new "home."

I love the people and the PAC at Davis; that's why I call it "home." YMMV.

Perris is a 6-8 hour drive, depending of course on how fast you drive, when you are driving and where in the Bay Area you're leaving from.

There is a lot of drop zones in Bay Area. Depending on day of week, driving from San Francisco to Perris will take about 7-10 hours.

I mostly jump in Hollister (Adventure Center Skydiving), because I LOVE people and vibe there, and prefer King Air to PAC. Other advantages include good jumpable weather most time of the year, $22 tickets to 15K ($20 if you buy 10+), a really big landing area, and a chance to go to 18K for extra $2 if there are any tandems going to 18K. The disadvantage (for some people; I consider it as a feature to have a 15-minute sleep between jumps) is that landing area is something like 10 miles away, so there is a van ride back.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Byron aka Bay Area Skydiving is the closest to SF
the website is bayareaskydiving.com
It's a fun medium sized dz, at the weekends there is a king air all the way to 14,000 ft. There is a couple of organizers at the weekend & they are always very good about looking after new jumpers.

Byron is famous for the Byron love so dont show up in a bad mood :)
The infamous Byron Boogie is on Oct 13th.

Look forward to seeing ya soon
Erica

nope, just a few months shy of dead center 30s.

I even can do math very well. Just can't count, apparently. I might be double counting Lodi. From SF, I think to the north you have Skydance and Lodi. To the East you have Byron, but if you get there and it's winded out, you can go on to Lodi. To the south you got Hollister and Monterey (if you're willing to gamble on weather and capacity).

What is the latest on SMB? Is the switch to the King Air working well? Have their tandem centric ways changed significantly?

What is the latest on SMB? Is the switch to the King Air working well? Have their tandem centric ways changed significantly?

They're working on it. Sometimes things go ok. Other times it's frustrating as hell there. I was hoping ot see a nice turn around there to a more upjumper friendly place, but as this weekend is my last weekend there, guess I won't be seeing that. That's too bad.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

The greatest risk you take in life is the risk you don't take.