RacingDriver

Place to be over Christmas in Florida?

Z-hills has a good Christmas boogie. All the major dz's in FL are so close to each other though, I recommend taking the time to take a little tour around and visit the other dropzones too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Z-hills has a good Christmas boogie

That would depend on if they try to fix the problem with lift power or your wanting to jump or just party.You can probably jump all you want leading up to New Years but when the weekend rolls around they are running 60-ways that tie up the airplanes.Last year by 3pm on Saturday they were manifested through dark.

Z-hills has a good Christmas boogie

That would depend on if they try to fix the problem with lift power or your wanting to jump or just party.You can probably jump all you want leading up to New Years but when the weekend rolls around they are running 60-ways that tie up the airplanes.Last year by 3pm on Saturday they were manifested through dark.

Agreed. I will be incredibly disappointed this year if they try to do 60-ways during the boogie. Most of those people booked at the end of the day anyways so the only big night was New Year's. I came down here the last 2 years and was disappointed in the wait times and lack of aircraft. We'll see what this year holds... we live here so it doesn't make much sense to travel, huh?!;)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

We will probably be there just to see all of our friends but it would be nice to see alittle gratitude out of the DZ for all of the people that come there to jump and make it one of the best places to be on New Years.I feel if they don't address the lift power problem and announce what they are going to do, the crowd this year will be noticeably smaller.

Z-Hills is a nice place with a great vibe.
The new years party is great @ zhills but if you arent going for the party i dont know if zhills is what you r lookin for. i have been @ zhills the past two new years and had a fab time but didnt get to jump much cause loads were so backed up. i know a buch of the people i have gone with in the past are not planning on going back this year. if i were you i would check all the fl dz's and see if they have anything special goin on and then check on dz.com a little later in the year. kinda early to tell where "its" happenin this year.
"laid back - with my mind on my **** and my......"

i have been @ zhills the past two new years and had a fab time but didnt get to jump much cause loads were so backed up. i know a buch of the people i have gone with in the past are not planning on going back this year.

I can't say for sure yet, but I don't think this will be a problem this year. TK and Joannie are hard at work making sure that there is MORE than sufficient lift power this year. The last 2 years we were caught by surprise at just how many people showed up for the boogie. The year before last we had about 400 people show up. Last year we had almost 700 people show up and we never expected that many. We will not make the same mistake again!
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

sorry to see that folks had to wait for the planes - but if everyone remembers, we did have 4 airplanes flying for 4 days straight. We also never got flying until 11am every day due to ground fog. And still managed 55 loads every day that week.

Anyway enough of my sad songs - we will have 3-4 Otters, and Casa on call this Boogie. Counter Sales and Manifest has expanded its capabilities to help accomodate.

We built City Hall and another 1500 sq feet of covered concrete area for folks to hang out. And we are building new rooms for the Wing Suit flyers as well.

It's boogie time - if you are here at 8am, you can easily do 5 jumps before noon or 1pm. The majority of poeple on all those days still showed up 1-2pm and then wondered why it was so busy.

And, we will not be doing any large-ways, other than the occasional 40 ways to interfere with the events.

New Years will be the largest ever I expect, it just seems to get baetter and better.

look forward to seeing everyone here,

TK

There has been alot of swiss people in Sbastian for the last 2 years but also full of other good freeflyers. This year i am going to sebastian for the crosskeys invasion and plus Jimmy Tranter will be there organising freefly stuff.
Last year i didnt even get 1 jump in at ZHILLS they were not enough planes and way too many flat flyers.
Anyone else going to sebastian?

I am also going to SEBASTIAN last 2 years have been excellent. Great place for freeflying loads of good organisers and the staff are awsome.
Super friendly place good restaraunt and bar all round good vibe.
If you want to freefly though this place is the best in florida.

Hey Everybody The New years boogie at Sebastian this year i believe will proove to be the biggest event in florida.
So far planned we have.
CK1 FREEFLY TEAM load organising for 2 weeks.
RW organising also for 2 weeks
Evening tunnel time for anyone that wants it.
We also have a special event that right now is top secret and i cannot let the cat out of the bag just yet but stay posted all you swoopers out there.
Expect event details within the next couple of days!!!!!!
This is part of the Crosskeys Invasion at Skydive Sebastian.

Count me in i will be in Sebastian for sure!!!!
Wow the Crosskeys invasion is unbelievable i went last year and did the best skydives of my life.
I also learnt how to freefly in the tunnel, thanks to kim worthington .
I did alot of tracking jumps with Jimmy T from CK1 it was great.
The New years party was good to also xmas day.
everybody at sebastian is friendly and this event is open to everybody .
last year there were many people from deLand, Zhills,lake wales, switzerland,spain,hungary the list goes on i never met so many foreigners!!!!
PLEASE TELL US!!!! LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG ALREADY.
Im already counting down the days.