shellybellyfly

Couch Freaks 2006! Labor Day weekend

Thursday, August 31 thru Monday, September 4
Gates open at noon on Wednesday, August 30th, so be sure to come early for our hog roast and sweet corn feed!

$45 registration gets you all this and more!
• Private showers
• Camping
• Electric hookups (while they last- first come first served)

Aircraft
• 2 Super Twin Otters
• 1 Super Skyvan
• 1 King Air
• 1 Pitts Special Biplane (acrobatic airplane)
• 1 Robinson R44 Helicopter
• 2 Hot Air Balloons
• Prices for the specialty aircraft to be announced*

Organizers
• Tom Schroeder and Larry Clapp will be organizing two plane (up to 44 ways) sequential formation loads Thursday thru Saturday
• Erik Deren of Team Mandarin will organize Vertical Formation Skydives
• Kris Tangie will organize free-fly skydives
• Additional organizers will be available for 8 to 12 way skydives

Entertainment
• Thursday: Erik Deren Live, DJ http://www.atlantafreeflight.com/music/
• Friday: Kris Lager Band
• Saturday: 20/20 Hindsight
• Sunday: County 79 and Faully

Food
• Free Beer 24/7
• Bar with additional alcoholic beverages for sale
• Hog roast and Iowa Sweet corn feed Wednesday night
• Iowa Pork Chop Dinner Saturday night
• World Famous Roadkill Chili Sunday night
• Food vendors will be onsite throughout the entire boogie

Parties
• Every night!
• Best Dressed contest/Polyester Party Saturday
• Midnight Maskness Saturday (bring your own mask)
• Lingerie Parties nightly
• Windsock Runs
• Tigger Day Sunday**

http://couchfreaks.com/

*Jump ticket price to be announced

** Remembering Tigger
The Couchfreaks lost a club member this past year who was a close friend to many people throughout the country. Waldo “Tigger” Morales passed away on November 2, 2005. In honor of Tigger, we are requesting that you all bring your best Tigger outfit for Tigger Day on Sunday, September 3. Tigger jumpsuits, Tigger hats, Tigger party-wear, Tigger stripes (we will have body paints available), and Tigger birthday suits will be the dress code for the day. Bring your love, big hugs, and huge laughs. This is all about remembering Tigger for how he lived and how we can all share his sprit with everyone we meet. Throughout the boogie we will be selling Tigger-inspired tye-dye shirts with all proceeds going to RAM volunteer corps, an organization that Tigger was actively involved in.

ddamn keybboard. Sommetimees thhe letters sticck. Gott sticcky looking att picctures fromm coucch freakks laast yearr

I don't care who you are, that shit's funny.

Too bad you're gonna miss freaks Troy, it's a good time. Guess we'll see you at the Kansas Boogie in September!
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Chris-

Don't be so sure. Troy may make it after all from what he told me this past weekend. I'm twisting his arm trying to get him to come along.

troy Troy TRoy TROy TROY

Then again what does it really matter? The Midwest Freefly Legend is going to be there all others are secondary.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Chris-

Don't be so sure. Troy may make it after all from what he told me this past weekend. I'm twisting his arm trying to get him to come along.

troy Troy TRoy TROy TROY

Then again what does it really matter? The Midwest Freefly Legend is going to be there all others are secondary.

As Peter from Family Guy would say...

COME ON......................;)

I can't get there to early as I'm starting a new job the week of. I'll head out Friday after work and will come back on Sunday night or early Monday morning.

Two days will put enough strain on the old pocketbook.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

I'm trying to decide where I should go for the holiday. Can you highlight for me what makes this boogie better than any other, why should I chose this event over the many others happening on Labor Day Weekend? Has anyone out there been to this event before?

FlyinMom-

Although Jimmy The Midwest Freefly Legend is omnipresent he is going to focus his physical form only to this boogie that weekend. This alone should make you want to do this boogie over all others. If you aren't sure who I speak of please refer to this thread Clicky start around post 8 and go from there for more information about The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Jimmy.

Has anyone out there been to this event before?

Last year wasn't registration up to or above 500 and weren't close to 400 of those the first night alone?!?

It's an awesome time, it's THE midwest boogie. I've been to it every year since 2001 when I started jumping. It's the highlight of my summer. I start school back up the week before and then take off. So in other words I'm a good student for a week and a half, then it pretty much takes till spring break to recover then spring break does it in for me again haha.

It's really a good time, anyone who has been will tell you the same. Look how many of us know to the second when couch freaks starts... My home dz even has a countdown on our main page!

I'll be there with friggin bells on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.B|

Dude... I don't even wanna know where those bells are gonna be hanging from...

Oh and what's this I hear about some big red headed guy hogging a balloon... I think he was just passed the f* out, not hogging it haha

I think we hit close to 600 attendees last year...

Flyinmama- This boogie is all about the vibe, the love, and of course some kick ass skydiving! I'm pretty sure we have the best aircraft than anyone else that weekend too! And you know what they say, you aren't a REAL skydiver until you do couch freaks. :)

I guess I can find some bells and ride up with you. Since I can't jump now, my DDZ should be real cheap. Maybe I'll just pack the entire time and make the boogie even cheaper!

Can't wait to see all the ol' faces. And maybe I'll even have to find some Tigger wear.

Later,
BASE864

FlyinMom,
I used to go to WFFC when it was in Quincy and one of my friends kept raving about Couch Freaks/Dollar Daze. I didn't have enough money or time to go to both, but after relentless nagging from this particular friend I took the pilgrimage to Fort Dodge one year... I've never gone back to WFFC.:)
Come join us in Iowa this year and see why birds sing... or at least why chickens poop!;)

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Breaking news!

Karl and Marriah Eakins of Team Flew-id, the 2005 National Freestyle Skydiving Champions, will also be at Couchfreaks training, coaching and load organizing! They will also be doing a prize giveaway of their own with us on Saturday night.

Thats great news but you forgot the part where The midwest freefly legend Jimmy Connier will be at couch freaks.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com