marcin

Wingloading regulations

well I would think that HP eliptical would be easy to define.

Stiletto, Xfire, Cobalt, ect.

Semi Elipticals like Sabre 2 would not fall in that.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

This list is actually the list of canopies approved for student use. With our licensing system, jumpers are students until they have a C-license. Many people buy their first own gear some time after they get their B.

The list of canopies approved for C-licensed jumpers with less than 250 jumps is basically the same, it just has a few CF-canopies included in it.

Oppilaskayttoon_kuvut_16022003.pdf

Am I reading it right that only Stong tandem canopies can be jumped? I Like the list, but it seems to ignore a lot of companies and their canopies. Is this a guideline or the final ruling?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The list will be updated as needed. It only includes canopies that are in use/have been in use in Finland. Some entries in the list are there for the one canopy of the type in use at the moment...

The reason for excluding other tandem-manufacturers than Strong is that there are no other tandem-rigs in the country! And I'm pretty sure there are no examiners with other than Strong rating, but could be wrong about that. When a DZ decides to get a Sigma or something else, it will be promptly added to the list.

In Norway we got new wingload regulations last year:
0-200 jumps: max wingload is 1:1.1, stilettos, crossfires etc. are not allowed.
200-350 jumps: max wingload is 1:1.3, vx etc. not allowed.
350 -500 jumps: max wingload: 1:1.6.
More than 500 Jumps: Individual evaluation of each skydivers skills/capabilities.
----------------------------------------

Thanks.

Finland: why such an "unround" number 1.34:1 until 250 jumps? (Based on kilograms, rather than pounds?)

Norway: isn't 350 jumps too low for a 1.6:1? For a 80 kg (or 176 pound) jumper this would result in a 126 sqf. canopy (with equipment on). Seems bit low at 350 jumps.

M.

Thanks.
Norway: isn't 350 jumps too low for a 1.6:1? For a 80 kg (or 176 pound) jumper this would result in a 126 sqf. canopy (with equipment on). Seems bit low at 350 jumps.

M.

Probably you're right.

(My wingload is 1.18:1 at 125 jumps. Don't tell anyone :P)

http://www.skydivesyd.nu/jesper.htm

This link goes to a site that shows the Swedish regulations...

The horisontal (top) axis is your exitweight in kilos and the vertical (left) axis is your total amount of jumps. This way you can find out the size of the smallest canopy your allowed to jump...

And in Sweden the limit for highperformance canopys are 300 jumps...

Hope this helps

Peter :)

Well, I bitched a lot about the Dutch system. So, I just want to say that I like the idea of using weight and jump numbers in addition to wingloading. This chart accommodates all sizes and allows for a reasonable progression for everyone.

The downsizing for light people is very close to the progression that I did. Except that I did a whole lot of jumps on a 240 before going down to a 150. (and I wouldn't be allowed on the canopy I'm jumping now until I got to 500 jumps). But I do think this system allows for better progression for the lighter and heavier jumpers who get overlooked in the Dutch system.

Good question. I do not belive that the regulations apply to foreign visitors. I'm pretty sure they don't.
Cobalt's are not approved in Norway, but we do not stop visitors from jumping one. I belive this policy also is beeing used regarding wingload. (Common sense is used of course)

No rules in Italy
You clear the student status after 30 Jump (7 AFF included). Than You are a licensed skydiver, like a 8000 jumps person. You can use every kind of canopy You want at every WL You want. (Yes, a lot of work for hospitals near the DZs)
Bruno

Convergence.
Yes, convergence.
Convergance seems to be the operative word in 2003.
The Australians, Dutch, Finns, Swedes and Norgies all seem to be converging on similar standards for experience and wing-loadings.

Convergence is also the dominant theme among manufacturers. Container manufacturers seem to be converging on three standard patterns, while canopy manufacturers are converging on five classes of canopies.