NWFlyer

American Boogie 2006... who's in?

Can any of the locals confirm this?

I left them a voicemail asking about this. I'll post when they call me back.
Anyway I got my 'A', so I'll be there from Friday.

Good boy. Living in Sunnyvale, you have no excuse to not be there.:P

I think it may be 50+ or 'B' at the main area.

Or whenever Neil feels like giving you the briefing, after you've been there for a while.

So I have to scratch from the attendee list. Not only can't I jump, I'm not even in a position to watch and drink beer. Maybe I can make the Byron Boogie.

So play hard, but don't be too hungover on your first load of the morning. I remember last year's L1 on the casa - long spots, cutaway, and a busted ankle. Don't join me on the sidelines this summer.

I think it may be 50+ or 'B' at the main area.

Or whenever Neil feels like giving you the briefing, after you've been there for a while.

So I have to scratch from the attendee list. Not only can't I jump, I'm not even in a position to watch and drink beer. Maybe I can make the Byron Boogie.

So play hard, but don't be too hungover on your first load of the morning. I remember last year's L1 on the casa - long spots, cutaway, and a busted ankle. Don't join me on the sidelines this summer.

[:/] What happened? No deneiro? Yeah, then please make Byron.

6 fractures and a spenic laceration. motorcycle not like big tire on freeway.

I got 3 limbs doing fine, but left arm is a chicken wing. Maybe it will bbbe ok in 3 months - at the very least I can be out on the ground by then...will have to see how fun the ground really is.

keep the rubber down, the canopies up, and the bonfire burning.

I just checked weather.com....

The high is forecast to be: 103, 104, 106 and 100 on Thursday - Sunday.

MAKE SURE YOU BRING LOTS OF WATER TO DRINK AND SUNSCREEN TO PREVENT SUNBURNS!

WTF? I don't do heat. Hmm.... maybe I'll just fly home instead. :D Summer in Seattle starts sometime in August, I think.:S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I just checked weather.com....

The high is forecast to be: 103, 104, 106 and 100 on Thursday - Sunday.

MAKE SURE YOU BRING LOTS OF WATER TO DRINK AND SUNSCREEN TO PREVENT SUNBURNS!

WTF? I don't do heat. Hmm.... maybe I'll just fly home instead. :D Summer in Seattle starts sometime in August, I think.:S

I REALLY hope weather.com is wrong. I hate extreme heat either...but today says the same thing pretty much.

Hey all,
I'm thinking of driving up sometime on Thursday and probably back Saturday evening/night. If anybody would like a ride up from or back to downtown San Francisco, give me a shout. (I can take up to three). If you're flying in to SFO or Oakland, I can pick you up at a BART station in either SF or Oakland.
Looking forward to the fun!

John

Hello,

Wondering if anyone wants to offer a ride from Oakland to Davis, CA for the American Boogie.

I'm a 50 yr old non smoking man, college grad, former jumper from the late 70's.

I would have to bring my 2 dogs, 2 folding kennels, an ez up shade shelter for them and food and water for us. Dogs can ride in the back of the truck in their kennels.

A pickup truck, vehicle towing a trailer, or motorhome would probablly work the best for space.

I would be willing to share all or part of fuel costs, or would be willing to take care of your dogs in exchange if you want to bring them...I am a competent driver so I could drive if you were injured, video camera operator so I could shoot your landings if you want...

I would prefer to be at Friday and Saturday nights parties, returning sunday. Maybe leave friday morning returning sunday?

Best way to reach me is email and phone message, use both, email can be limited.

Please email and phone. That way I'll be sure to get one or the other.

Thanks,

Fred

FYI - dogs are not allowed on any of the grass (including the tent camping areas - so if you're camping in a tent, don't bring your dogs!), by the bonfire or in the tiki bar. No exceptions - not even if they are the worlds best dogs (like mine ;)).

Lisa, where is the tent camping area(s) specifically? I think I know, but just want to be sure. Are they the grassy area everyone walks through from the parking area (between Action Air and the fence) and the fenced off area?

Are they the grassy area everyone walks through from the parking area (between Action Air and the fence) and the fenced off area?

Yup.

Forgot to add the hangar to the no-dog zones list. Basically the only place dogs can be is in the parking areas.

I couldn't find it on the American Boogie site. I think you just have to register when you get there. They do have one day registration for $15. The registration for the whole weekend is $40.

It says:
Full registration for the boogie is $40 for 4 days.
Includes 2 dinners, beer and goodie bag.

Current USPA membership and in date reserve required.

New One Day Registration Pricing:
DAILY REGISTRATION, $15
This is to accommodate those of you that can only make it out for one day of fun.It gives you access to our complete fleet of jump planes and a jet ride if you want.
* Price does not include Beer, Dinner, or T-shirt.