brothermuff65

my thoughts on the convention

i hear people asking why should i go to the convention ?, well let me try to answer , because it is a FUN family reunion were we all go to reunite with old friends and make new ones to go and see for years to come . it is also the only place you can go and at one site jump so many different different aircraft . over the years ( i have been there every year there was one from 1985 at F.B.10 in freeport , the following year 86 it moved to quincy and i attended all that were there and now we are in rantoul and haveing a ball ) i have jumped from several different types of helicopter , a 727 jet several times , a restored super connie several dc3s a couple of different biplanes ( one being a russian AN 12 biplane),a ford trimotor ,a b24 ,a b17,casas otters ,sky vans , a sky truck ,king aires ballons , and a few i cant remember this time of night . were else will you ever see such a collection of aircraft to jump from ? NOWHERE and we always have plenty of entertainment to keep us busy at night . to me its just the best . i know they changed the dates to try to help some folks that couldn,t make it because of school schedules .and all i can say is you really owe it to yourself to go to the convention and dont go looking just to do the best skydives you ever made , (you might but you might not,) but you will have the most fun and meet such a fun group and have such a FUN PARTY that you will want to return . the people are great the weather is great (for the most part ) the town is great and they love us , and there is just so many different things to do there . i hope to see you all there . look me up at the muff brothers organiseing tent and lets go have some fun you willl be glad you came and so will we i just can,t say enough about the family reunion aspect of the convention its just the greatest .HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE muff muff
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

What he said! Also I average 60-70 jumps over the WFFC and have a rule to not get out of bed before noon and not on a plane before 2pm. Just imagine if I felt like jumping early.:D

But really I just go to see Lew

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

What he said! Also I average 60-70 jumps over the WFFC and have a rule to not get out of bed before noon and not on a plane before 2pm. Just imagine if I felt like jumping early.:D

it's a lot easier to do WFFC when you already live there, and typically go to a DZ just a few counties away. When it's 2000 miles, I have to ask what's the motivation. Esp when it's only 450 miles south to Perris and Elsinore, a house I can stay at, and a nearby beach.

Lew will be providing his eloquent views of the skydiving world and the changes that he has seen over the last half century or so.
For those who don't know we are talking about Mr. Lew Sanborn, skydiving legend license number

D-1

Lew will host "An evening with Lew Sanborn" on Monday night! Don't miss it!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Lew will be providing his eloquent views of the skydiving world and the changes that he has seen over the last half century or so.
For those who don't know we are talking about Mr. Lew Sanborn, skydiving legend license number

D-1

Lew will host "An evening with Lew Sanborn" on Monday night! Don't miss it!

i thought he was talking about THE LEW lewmonster video lew . that fine looking videographer who just shoots everything and does a hell of a fine job and really looks good doing it muff muff not that we all dont love lew sanborn a1 d1 he is an icon in the sport just 2 more fine reasons to attend the convention muff muff have fun

it's a lot easier to do WFFC when you already live there, and typically go to a DZ just a few counties away. When it's 2000 miles, I have to ask what's the motivation. Esp when it's only 450 miles south to Perris and Elsinore, a house I can stay at, and a nearby beach.

true, but 10 days of waking up with all those planes in your back yard. Now I know I can goto any dropzone to jump and easily make 20 in a weekend but I prefer the WFFC. The stories you come-out of there with are ones you share years down the road. Like turning around and watching packer John land the Mr. Bill. The video was great but seeing it and getting video for John explenation that night is much better. Or jumping the golf cart, or the annual couch burning. If I can did in the burnt braincells long enough I can come out with more. But it is early and I still can't function.

And Beth - I was talking about the beautiful sky chica Lewmonst. But talking to Lew Sanborn is always a highlight too.

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

When it's 2000 miles, I have to ask what's the motivation.

The motivation is the entire experience.

The WFFC experience is banging out skydives out of multiple turbine aircraft and jumping non-typical aircraft and talking to manufacturer reps and jumping with people from all over the world and jumping with Airspeed or the Golden Knights and waking up to the sound of Mullin's King Air taking off and watching people landing and signing autographs for the kids in the spectator area and driving a golf cart loaded with 8 or 10 friends in reverse around the grounds and listening and dancing to live music and drinking and wearing a toga and becoming a Rodriguez Brother and sitting around a bonfire singing along with the guy playing the guitar and hanging out with old friends and meeting loads of new friends and being totally surrounded by skydiving and thousands of other skydivers for ten straight days.

If all you care about is banging out skydives, then WFFC probably isn't for you.

I wish I could be there this year.:(

When it's 2000 miles, I have to ask what's the motivation.

The motivation is the entire experience.

The WFFC experience is banging out skydives out of multiple turbine aircraft and jumping non-typical aircraft and talking to manufacturer reps and jumping with people from all over the world and jumping with Airspeed or the Golden Knights and waking up to the sound of Mullin's King Air taking off and watching people landing and signing autographs for the kids in the spectator area and driving a golf cart loaded with 8 or 10 friends in reverse around the grounds and listening and dancing to live music and drinking and wearing a toga and becoming a Rodriguez Brother and sitting around a bonfire singing along with the guy playing the guitar and hanging out with old friends and meeting loads of new friends and being totally surrounded by skydiving and thousands of other skydivers for ten straight days.

If all you care about is banging out skydives, then WFFC probably isn't for you.

I wish I could be there this year.:(

I second all of those emotions, Lisa.

We planned on going this year, but it turns out that week is the only time our granddaughters can come spend time with us. Having a reunion with the skydiving "family" is one thing and we really looked forward to it, but family comes first and the decision was a no-brainer.

If you haven't experienced the convention, do it. It may or may not be what you envision, but it will be an experience and you may have a story or three dozen for your troubles.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Because at Perris or Elsinore, you don't have 1,000 people all camped out together for 10 days, waking up to the same nostalgic song. Not just socializing at the bar after, but truely living together as a community. Eating Carbone Zone food, listening to live music every night, jumping with people from all over the world. It's just cool that's all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Because at Perris or Elsinore, you don't have 1,000 people all camped out together for 10 days, waking up to the same nostalgic song. Not just socializing at the bar after, but truely living together as a community. Eating Carbone Zone food, listening to live music every night, jumping with people from all over the world. It's just cool that's all.

I was never into the Burning Man scene. And 100 drunken idiots (myself included) is good enough for the 'hold my beer, watch this' shit.

It's not that I don't see the benefits, I just don't see them as worth thousands of dollars in vacation time and true expenses when you can get 80-90% locally. Too many things are vying for time and money already. Someday...

I take it that is a NO.
Is this a POPS meet or a convention?:P

Then you take it wrong.

There is everything at the WFFC and organizers for all of it.

Some of the stuff is frowned on and will get you a spanking (do a search on Mr. Bill and low pulls at WFFC for a hint), but it matters not whether you fall belly first, feet first or head first. if you want to join a group of like-minded individuals, you will easily find them.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

It's easy to explain, IT's JUST FUN.....but i advise you to have extra vacation time, because it always takes me extra time to re-coup from the WFFC, before i go back to work.:)
snowwhite, do you have to be able to be at the pre-setup meetings to be able to come early and help?

I can't afford to come back and forth.:(