Wilma

New job going to Calgary/Edmonton and Houston

Spaceland in Houston.

There's not a DZ in Houston. There's one in Rosharin and one in Waller.;)

Ok, seriously, Spaceland and SD Houston are fun DZs, each one is different and fun in its own way. Aggieland is a cool DZ too. Visit all 3 and pick the one you want to go to the most. A LOT of jumpers jump at one regularly then visit one of the others. We're all friends jumping around the state.

SD San Marcos is a fun DZ as well, but its a bit of a drive. Go visit that one too.

All of the DZs mentioned are turbine DZs, so its pretty hard to go wrong.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

[We're all friends jumping around the state.
B|

Oh, thanks Dave. We're all freinds around the state but you fail to mention Dallas. That's it, the friendship is over its WAR!

Seriously, both SD Houston and Spaceland are gret DZ's. Aggieland is fun too. Lot's of good choices down that way...
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Well, SD Dallas is a long haul for someone in Houston.;)

SD Dallas is a fun DZ too, even though Dallas doesn't actually have a DZ. Whitesboro does, but its kind of a drive from downtown Dallas. San Marcos doesn't have a DZ, but Fentress has a neat place to skydive...

Of course I've had fun at East Texas Skydiving as well as Eagle Flight. I guess you can say that I've met cool people and have had fun at all the DZs I've been at in TX.;)

Luckily just about every DZ in TX has some cool boogie each year that's fun to go to.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There are 4 good dropzone in Alberta

Rob mentioned Beiseker and it is indeed a great place to jump and close to Calgary. The other dropzone in the south is at Innisfail, which is closer to Red Deer and it is also a great place to jump. I've jumped at both and both are good places.

If you're in the Edmonton area again there are 2 dropzones, one at Westlock and the other close to Stony Plain. Again, I've jumped at both and again both are good places.

All of these dropzones and all are good places, staffed by good people. Each has its own vibe. You'll have to try them all to see which fits you best!

Each of these is listed in the Dropzones database here on dz.com

BTW, Alberta is a bit unique in that it has a provincial skydiving association whose purpose is "To promote and facilitate the development of skydiving in Alberta"

http://www.aspa.ca

Feel free to contact me when you're in Calgary and I'll be glad to help you find your way to a dropzone.
Also, the 1st Wednesday of every month the Calgary Parachute Club meets for beers and you'd be welcome to share a pint with us.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

thanks guys for all the infromation and looks like i will be jumping a few different DZ's on the occassions i will be out there.

I forgot to ask being a member of the BPA will i need to be a USPA member and an alberta/canada skydiver too ?

thanks guys for all the infromation and looks like i will be jumping a few different DZ's on the occassions i will be out there.

I forgot to ask being a member of the BPA will i need to be a USPA member and an alberta/canada skydiver too ?

If you were a resident of Canada I would say that you definitely need a CSPA membership.

BUT as as you are not going to be a resident, just a visitor then you are probably best to check with the DZ. In my experience visiting jumpers with USPA memberships have no problems. I just can't speak to the issue of BPA and how the liability insurance associated with it works in Canada. If you are planning on getting a USPA membership, you should be OK but then I'm not a DZO. Best to check with them.

As for the provincial association, membership is voluntary.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

As far as the membershiop goes: if you live in Canada, you will need CSPA membership if you want 3rd party liability insurance coverage: neither the BPA nor the USPA insurance covers non UK or US residents. Ditto if you call Houton home, you will need the USPA if you want the coverage.
Remster