schuey87

Dropzones near ski resorts

Do people know what dropzones are close to ski resorts (within about an hour), especially in europe, but also North America and Canada aswell? If so which dropzone and which resort is it close to? It would be helpful if there was a map for the european dzs, like there is for the english ones in the back of the skydive mag. Anyone know if there is such a map, im struggling to work out how far dzs are from places from the dropzones tab on this site, just getting addresses which from another country don't mean a lot to me.
cheers

All the dropzones in Utah N. America are within an hours drive from a ski resort except skydive moab.
Skydive Ogden is probably only 15 or 20 minutes drive from the 2002 Olympic down hill run at snowbasin.
Skydive Utah is about an hour drive from Alta, snowbird, Brighton, and solitude ski resorts.
Parkcity's ski resorts would be just a bit more than an hour from bolth these dropzones.
Skydive mesquite in nevada is just over an hour drive south from Brianhead Utah. This combination would be great for a mid winter skydive ski trip.
I hope this helps

Don

Death is so permanant, and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment.

Depending on the dates, www.epco.aero can help you jump, and even drop you on the slopes if you want.
That would be in Switzerland.

The Paraclub Valais jumps every weekend in Sion during the winter. And this is in the center of the Valais region.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Generally anywhere in switzerland is close to the mountains (2 hours drive max) so there has got to be a dropzone within the mountains range. I believe Sion (paraclub valais) is close to Verbier a very nice ski resort. You might also try Austria, Skydive Tirol, that is close to Zurs and Lech, two very nice ski resorts.
Pointy birds
Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy nointy

Bits of the English site are in French, but if I translate this right:
Ouvert 7j/7 du levé au couché de soleil de février à fin novembre
it's open from february to end of november.

The unique climate of the high Alps making it the sunniest area of France (over 300 days of sunshine) can only make you take advantage of the beautiful surrounding Mountains where all activities can be found. Till april you can finish you jump sessions with a down hill skiing afternoon in one of the surrounding Ski stations. Less than an hour away from Serre-Chevalier (The biggest Skiing Complex in the High Alps)
and other ski stations (Les Orres, Orcières-Merlette...). And of course all year long you can practise any of the numerous other activities such as climbing, hiking, horse riding, rafting, canyonning, glider... SENSATIONS GUARANTEED!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

You might consider Aosta in the NW corner of Italy. The dropzone is on the regional airport a few km east of the town. Views of Monte Bianco (Mont Blanc) and Monte Cervino (Matterhorn) on jump run are breathtaking.

Skiing everywhere - Aosta itself, Breuil Cervinia, Cormayeur, and through the Mt Blanc tunnel to Chamonix in France. On the other side of the Gd. St- Bernard tunnel in Switz. are Verbier, Sion, etc.!

You lucky person!