Pendragon

Freeflying in Eloy

Am considering going out to Eloy for the boogie, but am looking to get lots for freefly jumps in; head-up and working on my head-down. Thinking about 8-10 jumps a day, if possible. Might even get the new wingsuit out too! B|

Since I may well be travelling over alone, is there anyone else planning similar and would like to hook up over the period for lots of jumping together? I'd be arriving on the 16th December and leaving on the 2nd Jan. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

FYI, my profile is up-to-date, and yes, I did somehow manage nearly 350 skydives in the last 12 months, even though I'm from the UK ;)

Edit to add: Am also open to other locations!
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

There's been a DZ.COM tent at the Eloy holiday boogie the last three years I've attended where people gather, meet each other (if you don't already know each other) and organize jumps with each other. Don't be shy, that's they key.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Dude, their LO's are awesome about getting groups together and keeping those groups together jumping for the day. Last year my buddy did a ton of jumps with punisher, Amy C, TJ, Jason etc. Since he wanted some quality jumps, he jumped with them during the boogie instead of me.:D You should have NO PROBLEM finding a group (small or large) to jump with on a consistent basis while you are there. Like Steve said, don't be shy.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Cool - didn't remember that from last year. However, I'm looking for a "partner" as I'll improve more as a freeflier jumping with the same person/people (if at all possible...)

I know other years Omar and Greg (Gasson) have been doing coach jumps at the total cost of.... a pack job.. you might want to get together with one of those people. If you don't improve from those jumps.. I don't know what would improve your skills :P

Also the Arizona Freefly Training Center people are there, and FlightClub.. I'm sure you'll be able to find a partner to fly with..

I know this is besides the point, but 8-10/day sounds really pushing it unless you have a dedicated packer - especially due to the low # of hours of daylight that time of year.

People don't sleep in in Eloy.. load 7 takes off at 9 AM.... instead of load 1 at 10:30 AM...

maybe he wants to push it ;) at least it sounds like it..
If you want to learn fast.. make a lot of jumps in a short amount of time.. and it sounds like that is the plan here..

I know this is besides the point, but 8-10/day sounds really pushing it unless you have a dedicated packer - especially due to the low # of hours of daylight that time of year.

People don't sleep in in Eloy.. load 7 takes off at 9 AM.... instead of load 1 at 10:30 AM...

maybe he wants to push it ;) at least it sounds like it..
If you want to learn fast.. make a lot of jumps in a short amount of time.. and it sounds like that is the plan here..

Eloy has the tunnel for those night hours as well...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Wish I could say I would jump with you at Xmas..
But it is quiet now at Eloy and not much work..then I spend this time jumping and hope beeing packing hard during the boogie..
Eloy is great and you will always find some nice people with advance skills to freefly with...and also party!!!

I know this is besides the point, but 8-10/day sounds really pushing it unless you have a dedicated packer - especially due to the low # of hours of daylight that time of year

With 7-8 planes running all day long 8-10 jumps is not really pushing it.
Wheels up at 8:00 and last load is around 5:30ish.
There are plenty of packers if you should chose to really get your jump on.
And...a slow day in Eloy is more like a hoppin' day in most places;)

And...a slow day in Eloy is more like a hoppin' day in most places

Exactly! The load organisers for both freefly and rw are top notch. As you are arriving on 16 December that is perfect to get in some coaching in and get to know other local freefliers.

You certainly won't be "Billy No Mates".

Liz

You don't need to freefly, you'll be flocking with me. :P

Aw, go on. Just a few... but only if you do the "peck peck peck... peck peck peck... flappy flappy flappy" BM handshake with me :P But I guess Vampires don't do that? ;)

Right, freeflying anyone? :D
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

You don't need to freefly, you'll be flocking with me. :P

Aw, go on. Just a few... but only if you do the "peck peck peck... peck peck peck... flappy flappy flappy" BM handshake with me :P But I guess Vampires don't do that? ;)

Right, freeflying anyone? :D

Matt,

Richard does fly his wingsuit a lot but freeflying and swooping are what he really is keen on.

If he had a choice between a solo freefly and a solo wingsuit, my money would be that he will choose the solo freefly :ph34r:.

Kris.