ReLLiK75

Balloon Jumps in Augusta GA!

I am in for the 3rd. I will be working through the garrison office to see if Barton Field will be available for us to land on. Just for planning purposes, Barton Field's long axis is almost exactly a 90 by 270 degree (grid, not mag.). It is about 1300 meters by almost 300 meters. Lots of outs, also.

There is a concert on the east end of Barton Field starting at 1800 hours that day. Eric Horner will be performing (Patriotic/Christian/Country music). Concert is free and the public is invited. Maybe that could be the start of the party?

I want to get in on this too. I'm just a little leary about how cold it is going to be on those days.

Yah its gonna be cold.. particularly on the altitude ride. Wear lots of layers and bring those hand warmer thingys. We'll get a thermos of hot cocoa or something for the ride up.
You'll only be cold for a few minutes..

The balloon pilots take wind speed and drift into account to determine a good launch point. If the wind is cooperative that day and they can find an good area to launch from which will put them over Ft. Gordon at altitude then we'll be landing on Barton Field (provided the approval is arranged). Otherwise, that's what we have chase teams for!

Offical Head Count:

ReLLiK75-- 2 jumps
Pullhigh-- 2 jumps + 1 passenger
wbtripp-- ? jumps
fmmobley-- 2 jumps
lauraliscious-- ? jumps

If you have a ? for the # of jumps, please confirm if you're in for just the 10.5k load or both the 10.5k and the 5k loads.

Would love to see this list double!!!

The balloon pilots are only responsible for their own gear. If you wouldn't jump it at a DZ, you probably shouldn't it jump it from the balloon.

Or might there be a chance for a low altitude jump with a single shot system?

Not sure what you mean by this....There will be one jump from 5K....

Laura.. first annual "Team Licious" Balloon Jumps!! We need video!! :)

I have to decide if i'm going to Texas first.

Spence...come to Augusta for the balloon jumps. Screw the 40 ways. Team 'licious will make it well worth your while :P

I'm in for both jumps B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

This sounds like it might be pretty fun. And since Im only a little farther from Augusta than from my home DZ I think I could make this work. Havent done balloon jumps in a while. They are pretty cool. The ride up is worth the money. I will be in for both jumps. :)

Current Official Head Count:

ReLLiK75-- 2 jumps
wbtripp-- ? jumps
fmmobley-- 2 jumps
lauraliscious-- ? jumps
Chaoskitty-- 2 jumps
lister55--2 jumps

What is your max? I'll see if I can do some arm twisting if you need more jumpers.

One more to make a solid eight would be good. But as always, the more the merrier. The balloon company will just fly as many balloons as it takes.

ReLLiK75-- 2 jumps
wbtripp-- ? jumps
fmmobley-- 2 jumps
lauraliscious-- ? jumps
Chaoskitty-- 2 jumps
lister55--2 jumps
Salsa_john-- 2 jumps 1st time in balloon :D

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez