ReLLiK75

Balloon Jumps in Augusta GA!

Howdy all!

I've found a local company who will take Skydivers up to altitude and let us out. A simple balloon ride for 2 people is $300 which I was planning on doing with my fiancee and just getting out at the end. But then I starting thinking it'd be more fun to have a bunch of people get together for baloon jumps. So I'm trying to organize an event. I'm sure if I can get enough people together, the prices would be quite reasonable--($60 range).

PM me if you're interested so I can start getting a head count together. I'd like to set this up for somewhere around the end of October/beginning of November.

Any takers???!!!!!

I don't know balloon sizes, but I do know they have a few of them. I can find out if it will make a difference??? As for launch location, I'd let the balloon company dictate that. It'd definitely be somewhere in Augusta--probably not too far from I-20 (if you're familiar with the area). I could definitely push this into Nov as I'm sure the cooler weather will make for better flying conditions.

Throw me in the very interested category, I'm in if you can get the price down, I know a few people who would like to ride along and not jump (I didn't ask why, this would be their problem) for the same price (around$60). I'm sure I can get some of the Atl folks to c'mon down.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

I may get in a balloon if I knew where to see one on the ground.

Hey Biatch are you dealing tonight?
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Ok...Since I'm seeing some growing interest but there seems to be some conflicts with November, I'm going to throw two dates out there: Dec 3 or Dec 10 (both are Saturdays).

Check your calendars, let me know which works best and I'll lock it in and get busy coordinating with the balloon company.

So what is the current status of this happening? I PM'ed the originator of this thread, but no response nor has there been an update here. We going to skin this cat or what?

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Ok....so here's the scoop:

When: Saturday, Dec 03
Where: Augusta, GA (exact location TBD)
Time: Around 8AM
Cost: $100 gets you two jumps--one from 10.5K and one from 5K (75$ if you just make the one jump from full altitude)

Each balloon can only hold 4 jumpers. If you are interested I need to start getting a head count ASAP so they can line up the rest of the balloons to accomodate. I will also need money upfront. I have a paypal account, so that will be the easiest way to go. We need a minimum of 3 other people right now to fill the one balloon and get the $100 price.

Alright people!!!! This is a go! Now who's definitely up for this???!!!!

Official Head Count=2

About two weeks out, I'll start looking to collect money. Like I said, will be done via PayPal.

Oh...forgot to mention that Fort Gordon's Barton Field may be the landing area. Still working out the logistics for that with the balloon company and Ft. Gordon.

Sounds like a blast just let me know when you decide to do it. I am going to school in Augusta so I am totally down.:)
the ebb and flow of the atlantic tides; the drift of the continents; the very position of the sun alone, its ecliptic; THESE are just a few of the things I control in my world

OK couple of questions:

Is there a weather day?

Refund if the loads don't go?

Non refundable deposit (if any)?

Are they providing the skydiver chase crew or is that something we're going to have to figure out on our own once we're there?

Conditions that make the event a "NO GO"?

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Is there a weather day?

No. Normally weather in GA in Dec is pretty nice, so here's to hoping!

Refund if the loads don't go?

Yes.

Non refundable deposit (if any)?

If you can get someone to fill your slot. Since balloon jumps are expensive to begin with, and to avoid others getting stuck with the cost of making up for a no show, if you commit and provide money via PayPay, please show up.

Are they providing the skydiver chase crew or is that something we're going to have to figure out on our own once we're there?

They will have a balloon chase crew, so they will also be picking us up. Additionally, if Ft. Gordon works out, we'll have a designated landing area which means we'll meet at Ft. Gordon and caravan to the launch point. Also, us "locals" will have extra vehicles/Significant Others who can help out.

Conditions that make the event a "NO GO"?

Wind/Weather. If we don't jump, you get your money back.