einatyi

DZ near London??

hello everyone!
I gonna be year+- in London and I can't imagine my life with out my DZ. so that's why I need your advice about a good DZ to make it my second home.
and if you can tell me some about the weather, and how it is working in the winter , skydive in the grey sky:S
thanx and see youB|

You will find a map and details of all UK DZs here.

You will see that you have several DZs around London to choose from. Which one you pick will probably depend on where in London you will be based and whether or not you will have a car.

hth! :)
Vicki

If you're going to join the 'London Skydivers' e-mail group then i'm sure you'll discover how fantastic Weston-on-the-Green is!!
The DZ is owned by the Royal Air Force and has civilian jumping at the weekends, We're currently running a Dornier G92 and Let 410.
There's even a website!
www.rafspa.com

Nigel
;)

See ya at the piss-up!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

I know some DZ's don't have a membership fee, but Weston is only £35, Roughly works out £1 each weekend of the season, not much really is it.

The facilities the DZ has are fantastic though!
There is a weekend membership option so you can come along and try us out!

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

Ah but Hib is also about a three hour drive from London and petrol is not free !!!!

Weston has no bunkhouse but you can camp, or make friends with someone who has a spare bunk in their caravan !

There is a showerblock, nice ones, boys and girls.

Bar open Fri, Sat and Sunday nights. Fri jumping...
Lots of good people around to teach you FF, FS n wingsuit. That or just come when its cloudy for archery n minimoto competitions !

also, it is military but you don't have to call anyone sir ;-0

c ya, anna

oh, don't fight[:/]
I visit on the web all dz sites and they all look great to me:ph34r:
I hope to try all of them when I will be in London but unfortunately I'm coming with out money to eat so I hope to get enough money to skydive like I wish.
can't wait to be in London...

Einat

it is actually the easiest and closest DZ to get to from London ...........

I have also been there, and the new owners are mucho cool.......

I'm sure it is a nice DZ - most are.

However London is a big place and I'm not sure the statement that ANY DZ is the closest or easiest to get to from London can be justified!

:)
Vicki

I'm looking for a dropzone to continue my student progression, and get onto free fall. I think the Skydive Swindon and the London Parachute School (the closest one to London) are run by the same people....which seems to be causing confusion.
I would like to know if the london parachute school is cool though....if anyone knows.

However London is a big place and I'm not sure the statement that ANY DZ is the closest or easiest to get to from London can be justified!

Unless the DZ in question happened to be the closest!;):P

Haven't done an AA routefinder, but isn't Headcorn closer to central London, and easily accessible by train from London? Not sure how far Redlands is from Swindon station mind you.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

I'm looking for a dropzone to continue my student progression, and get onto free fall. I think the Skydive Swindon and the London Parachute School (the closest one to London) are run by the same people....which seems to be causing confusion.
I would like to know if the london parachute school is cool though....if anyone knows.

LPS and swindon are not run by the same people(swindon has recently been taken over by a new crew that have done extensive work to the DZ), I started at LPS (did all my SL there) and would advise not to go there if you are looking for progression. I dont know much about it nowadays, but I think they dont function much out of Lewknor these days and take their progression / tandem students elsewhere.

right...nice one...... I'm not too sure about headcorn....it's the closest one to me, in brighton, but i'm a bit put off by the reviews of it on this site...some seem to think it's great, others think it's terrible?? The student jumps do seem pretty pricey..... I'm thinking it's best just go to swindon, as I will soon be moving to south wales.

I live in Brighton 2 - but i go to North London Parachute Club - which is near Cambridge!!!

On the plus side, they are running 2 Nomads this summer...... and the tickets are getting cheaper the more jumps you do!!! B|
Never try to eat more than you can lift