jmidgley

Where, in Europe, *other* than Empuriabrava?

Hi

I like Empuriabrava - I've been there seven times. The only people who are there more than me are the students of Warwick Uni, who appear to live there.

However, I'm getting a bit fed up with sitting around waiting for the tramontana to disappear. Last time I went (in November last year) 9 out of 10 days were blown out; previous March was almost, but not quite, as bad. Also, I feel I ought to get about a bit more.

Are there any other DZs in Europe that turn around lifts like EB does when it's going well? With reasonable airport proximity? Frankly, I can live without nightlife for the duration of a long weekend. Just so long as I can hear the magic words at the end of the day "Boarding call, Twin Otter load 37..."

John

Ok, not totally sure about this one as I've never been there and it's only just opened, but have you considered Hibaldstow's sister DZ, Skydive Algarve? Being a UK jumper, I'm guessing you probably have been to Hib, off the couple of UK DZs I've visited it's been fantastic at getting lifts up in breaks of cloud, and those dorniers are pretty fast. It's the same people running the show out there, with the planes that aren't at Hib... just a thought, had a great weekend at Hib last weekend (depsite mostly bad weather, still got jumped) so thought I'd big them and their sister up a little.. ;)

You certainly have a few options which Ryanair / Easyjet serve

Gap-Tallard, France. Few wind problems there as the alps sort of block it ! Nice Porters there at the moment including FGodz. Fly to Grenoble (easyjet, 1.5 hour drive). Fabulous views.

Pujaut, France. Again nice Porters, fly to Avignon (Ryanair) half hour drive. Sod all english but lots of pointing and nodding works fine, great people

Ravenna, Italy. Casa there. Fly to Bologna Forli (Ryanair), 45 min drive. Can't comment on the weather as was only passing through for the day and was foggy ! so no jumping !!

There are lots of others in easy Ryanair range, in Sweden Ryanair even lands on the DZ apparently

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

Lapalisse is really cool. I spent some time there.. I also went to the DZ just north of Paris where the Atmonauti crew are based out of but I cant remember what the name of it is right now..
But Lapalisse showed me a lot of love there and I think that you should go there.....

Just got back from Lillo

Fab DZ, good crowd of people, currently 1 Twin Otter and a Porter - soon to have a Beech.

Not much else in the town, but so long as you are with a good group of mates you can't fail to fall in love with the DZ! Great for a long weekend!

Have also visited GAP in france and that was cool too!

From the pic I assume your into freefly?

Yeah man get out to Lillo and do some flying with my Main man Mikey Carpenter! Mike runs the freefly school there and will organise/help you out if freeflyings your thing! www.freeflyeuphoria.com

DZ's nice with all mod con's. towns a little backward but there are some nice places to eat drink and chill out in the evenings.

Cheep beer, good jumps, chilled attitude! Check, check it out!

Other than that go and check out Olav's new place in Italy. ( Skydive Tortuga) Olav, Manuel basso and Stefania are there. Super nice place. awsome flyers. another european DZ with a friendly chilled out attitude where you can get the jumps in!

have fun!!!!!