base570

CSS anyone 2??

Just a reminder there will be a skydivers and friends christmas party at our place. We have rented out the club house for everyone to attend. Matt will be sending out e-mails with times and directions. Please bring beer and or some sort of food.

Also casey will be back with us on SUNDAY for her christmas break. We are all looking forward to seeing her and hearing about some bootcamp stories.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Darin -

Thanks for making this public. I wanted to, but since you guys are hosting I didn't know how "public" you wanted it to be ;). Welcome home, Tess! See ya Thurs.

Huge respectful thanks to David (our OG Track Boy) for helping coordinate/communicate/facilitate the bus 2.0 trip to DC Tues. You rock, Dave! B| Hope you got your laptop back ...

It was very disappointing that BP&RR (or BUS - "the artists formerly known as") didn't win, but I was glad to see firsthand as I mingled that the thing was rigged/political and it WASN'T for lack of talent or fan base (as did almost everyone else in the place - fans, staff, musicians, etc. :S) It was especially gratifying to meet so many musicians from bands who had been eliminated in previous rounds -- as well as some who were still in the running -- and hear the respect & accolades they had for Big Pretty (BUS.)

Their set was absoutely amazing - Joe was on fire.

I say next time they play in CH we all show up in a huge show of support.

Oh, and the whole $20, bumpy bus ride and putting up with Nick at his most annoying was well worth this quote:

Zoli (3/4 drunk, spoken to our 350+ lb. white waiter at a Denny's, somewhere in VA, sometime after 2 a.m.): "I'll have the 'Moon Over Mi-hammy,' HOMEY!!"

(I have pictures.)

Best,
D

I've been gone a month and there's only been a page and 1/2 of things to say????? What's going on, did ya'll miss me that much/???

Hopefully I'll see everyone Thursday at around 7ish for the Css Christmas party. Pot luck or bring some beer but MAINLY just BRING YOURSELF and have a good time with everyone.

By the way, the last load of the day today (Sunday) was absolutely beautiful. The susnset was awesome and I'm glad I got to jump with everyone today. Next time i'll get to will be next April which sucks.

Til Thursday
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

We really must bring the thread back to life! Hopfully things will pick back up after the holidays.

If anybody's interested, Matt, Marion & I are getting together for dinner at 6:15 @ the Lynwood Grill followed by Happy Feet at the Raleigh Grand.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

We really must bring the thread back to life! Hopfully things will pick back up after the holidays.

Yea no kidding I am about to resort to having conversations with myself. You can't blame it on me this time dave.....

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

Yea no kidding I am about to resort to having conversations with myself. You can't blame it on me this time dave.....

OOO i am sure he can find a way.... :P

I thought we always blame it on Bolas :ph34r::D .... c'mon, let's have some tradition here!

Thanks to D & esp C and M for hosting the holiday party. I got home at 4:30, still rather tipsy, so I think it was a success (if I remember right.)

Happy holidays, everyone. Stay safe and have fun. See you next year! (2007 - Year of the Tramp Night B|)

Best,
Dawn

Thought I would share this Picture of Casey in her Birth Control Glasses

Hey everyone -

I have this pair of pristine Dr Marten's boots that have never been worn; were given to me brand new by a cool skydiving woman a couple years ago. I need to give them away.

These are the original Doc Marts, handmade in England, beautiful burnt, dark-yet-bright orange leather, black soles, stitching, laces, etc. ... the original shit-kicking waffle-stompers.

They're a size 7 or 7-1/2. Don't know the orig. English sizing, just that they're a bit too small for me (I'm a solid size 8.)

I don't want to sell them but they're crying out to be worn/used, and I'd rather keep them in the family .... these are very valuable, expensive boots that could last someone a lifetime.

PM or e-mail if interested. I'll TRY to remember to bring them out to the DZ this weekend.

Best,
D

Being that I haven't seen many of you in a long time, and many of you haven't seen my new place, i'm gonna do a small get together at my place in Cary. Scott is comin up from Florida supposedly and I know Brandon wanted in and i'm gonna call Nadia cuz she's back in town. If you're in, just gimme a heads up. Maybe do pizza, cards, movie, beer, etc.

Well well, BEAV 2 MADE IT TO THE CSS FORUM. Thanks EVERYONE for informing me we were owning DZ.com...j/k. Anyway, only just getting my license in December...my 100 is rapidly approaching...what's protocol for this and get w/ me for ideas on a creative jump.

~P.S.-I was told it was scary to announce your milestone jumps and to actually try to keep it quiet...ONLY if you're scared of the consequences. It's ok...I'm Beav2!!:ph34r:B|
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!