base570

CSS anyone 2??

*WHEW* :D

... E, that was good. I'm practically wiping tears of laughter from my eyes here.

-D

p.s. S&TAs and 'safety meetings' aside - Everyone: stay safe out there, seriously. Make sure your slink tabs are tacked inside your risers! I know it's cool with the big guys to let them hang and have them 'take a set,' but check out the incident at Perris recently. Come see me and I'll tack them for free. And please PM me if any ?s.

I was kidding about asking our S&TA but not everyone knows who he is, it would have been funny to set up someone to deal with Paul. Did someone say Brian Germain is a freeflyer!!??? In case you didn't hear, cheese fries jokes aren't funny anymore but nice try. And to think I bought you new rainbow flavored freefly twizzlers today, guess I'll eat them myself.:P

I think either my front left or rear left riser has the lil tag hanging out. Not sure, I'll pull it out and check for sure. What happened in Perris and what's "Cool" about lettin em hang out and blah blah all you said about takin a set?
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Just a PSA... Some of us are going snowboarding on thursday at Beech mtn near Boone. Men ski free on thursdays, for women it's like $22. Everyone's welcome to come out and cheer Eugene on in his Groundlaunch adventures.
Seeya!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Damn school. Wish I had work and school off, and I'd go...but I've already missed too many days of both b/c of the smart teeth.

P.S.-Can anyone tell me tim wood's email address. Either post or PM, thanks!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

I wanna start a resturaunt like REAL near CSS...w/ skydiving discounts (larger per years in sport/license/jumps), a bar so we don't FREEZE during cold party nights, food named for skydiving terms, an observation deck and/or clear roof for observing the sport, and free meals for those who do firsts and/or the milestone jumps (ending in 00)(and only free to supplement the beer buying or round buying at the bar) and that's about it. Sounds good, yay or nay. Don't hurt my feelings too bad!!

Edit: I'm tired of being ONE of the meat missiles/MEAT-eorites, so we should fatten the rest of CSS up...better'n a weight belt:):D:ph34r:

It was a not-so-random girlfriend's idea...and before I shot it down for an immediate buzz-kill (my favorite thing to do to her), I actually thought about it, and I think it's got potential...but what do I know?!?!

It would be cool but I seriously doubt that Louisburg/Franklinton would have the people needed to keep a restaurant open. I don’t think that we skydivers could do it either because there are like what 15 regulars maybe. I don’t mean to kill your idea because it is a nice dream and I definitely wouldn’t mind cheap beer and food. Keep trying man, maybe a trailer that you convert into a bar and have on the property. Course getting Nancy’s approval would be the toughest part.

By the way when someone brings their girlfriend to the DZ to do a jumps its probably not a good idea to ask if they are being forced to do the jump. Its kind of insulting.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Where did the forcing a g/f to jump come from?

It won't really a dream, I just wanted it. Hell, I want a Veyron too, and that's more like a dream, but w/e. I did think about only a weekend thing for Cold weather and all the time otherwise (plenty of students) during the summer. Eh, w/e, bonfire drinking and Andy's runs till then right?

In Reply to:

"Keep trying man, maybe a trailer that you convert into a bar and have on the property. Course getting Nancy’s approval would be the toughest part."

Sorry, but Nancy already has Pete working on converting the bunk house!! Of course, I don't think this will be a legit bar. Probably just for the regulars who happen to bring beer :)

I think I might head to Raeford for a few jumps on friday(tomorrow)... Is anyone else interested??

Blue Skies...Keith
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Seein as how I hain't seen you up here in a right good # of posts, here's a bit of a recap:

We rock and you don't.:ph34r:

J/k, haha. Good times good times. Is anyone jumping this weekend. I'll probably be out there bugging people about camera jumping (as usual, i'm interested in starting in a few months). the weather has been jumpy from good to bad and back again. As of my last check, it was a decent amount of sun, but frigid frigid weather. Lemme know if any of ya'll might grace me w/ your presence at the DZ I call home...

This has been your local DZ weather forecast. Now back to you Valc. Beav signing off!B|

In Reply to:

"I think I might head to Raeford for a few jumps on friday(tomorrow)... Is anyone else interested??

Blue Skies...Keith

Damnit Keith, you stole my glory, I'm trying to populate CSS. David has convince me and the other Beav to go out there on the next available clear weekend when we can actually stay. It'll be fun.

I love the bunkhouse, even in it's current state. I stayed in there and slept all over the building material 2 weekends ago, and Richard (mechanic i think) won't too happy at us!! :ph34r: I think Pete should put a Bar section in there, or maybe put an extension and overhang outside for a decent bar place. Oh, eff it, Imma bring some wood and cement blocks and build one out back and call it the beav shak!! Take it how you wanna :P

Beav... Get some more experience before you think about jumpin camera... of course, I don't know crap so go for it... it's your LIFE :ph34r:

Don't know if I'll make it to CSS this weekend, which is why I think I might go to Raeford tomorrow. Maybe I'll c u there...

Blue Skies...
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

I intend on having much more experience w/in a few months. especially when it gets warmer and they open up more during the week. I've been blasting through and learning so much, and I've heard SO much about waiting on camera...and that's what I intend on doing. Few months could mean anywhere in this next year. I'm not nec. chomping at the bit, but I'd love to do it. i'm still taking every precaution, including time (to an extent), but w/in the next few months, iuno what imma be doin, but thanks. I listen to advice EVERYONE gives me, cept whuffos!! (j/k):)

Much Respect Beav... u have a good mind set, and I believe u CAN have the experience in a couple months... doesn't take long to get 200 jumps if u set your mind to it... It's nice to see new jumpers with the excitement and dedication that u have!
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Haha, forgive me, I just didn't see that you wrote Friday. lol, Yeah sucks they close during the week, but w/e. What about the weekend, making that one? If I didn't have school AND work, I'd so be out there, never jumped the Raeford triangle before, lol.

^Raeford triangle... I thought it was the Raeford dragon?

As far as the bar thing, I don't think it's going to fly. The people that stay in the trailers now are kind of on thin ice due to some of the stuff that's been going on.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.