flyangel2

CSS for Thanksgiving

^^^Yea... no kidding... i had to wash my jacket twice to get the pee smell out. Luckily the jacket was covering up my camera equipment, none of that stuff got wet.

^^Gimp, do you know about how many BM's are coming?? I thought i heard a rumor that ScaryPerry will be there with demos.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Gimp, do you know about how many BM's are coming?? I thought i heard a rumor that ScaryPerry will be there with demos.

No clue how many are comming.....i'll help with the first flight courses if needed, but i hope perry is comming....cause i need him to get a photo that i know very few can get.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Joe (one of the local freaks) is in a band that will hopefully be playing Saturday night.
Big Pretty and the Red Rockets
We're collecting money to pay the band (not Joe, of course. He's my personal slave so he'll do whatever I tell him to. :P)- PM hajnalka if you want to contribute.

I just talked to Nancy, and here are some more boogie details:

*Birdman
*Peter G. organizing freeflyers
*Jim Smith and Sparky organizing flat flyers
*Balloon
*Casas
*Maybe an Otter
*Biplane possible, but probably not
*Thanksgiving Dinner is $12 prepaid (I think by Monday of the boogie week, but check w/ manifest to be sure)

:)

[:/] Nancy told me prepaid so Bud will know how much turkey and stuff to buy. I guess last year they had waaay too much food because people left when the weather got bad. Maybe if they know you're coming by Monday, they'd be ok with taking your money later? Not sure, but that makes sense to me...

:D

I'll talk to Nancy this weekend. Maybe we can avoid the prepay nuissance if people email saying they're going to get dinner, agreeing to be charged $12 when they register, blah blah blah...

I'll check on that this weekend.

If that doesn't work, then you can always get the foxes to steal you some food. They might make you wear one of those thongs though. :P

I'm SO lovin' this thread - let's make this a CSS Thanksgiving to remember!

John and I are way looking forward to seeing the excellent Gananoque group again. Hopefully a McCarthy or 2 will show up? If you're from Tom's DZ and it's your first time at CSS, please stop in the rigging loft and say "hi."

I've gotten a PM that seemed to indicate there may be more Hispas here than I originally counted on - right on!! This hermanita loves you guys.

It will be great to see Peter G again ... hopefully Akos and Peter B will get some free time away from the tandem/video rotation to come play with the rest of you freaks ...

And Jim Smith coming back to organize RW again ... yeeeaaahhhhh. (For those CSSers who don't know- Jim is responsible for the 4-way exit mural on the packing room wall - done during some weather at an Easter boogie some years ago.) Lyman loves Jim's organized RW jumps.

THANKS to the everyone in the FFF group for the excellent vibe we've had at CSS lately.

If you're reading this, and you haven't been to CSS lately (or at all) and are wondering where to spend Thanksgiving .... COME. I guarantee there'll be awesome planes, awesome skydives and awesome people; most probably a kickass band Sat. nite as well.

As for the weather - you're on your own. (It's been mid 50s to mid 60s during the day ... mostly sunny but with hit-or-miss rain these past few days.)

Best,
Dawn

I'm pissed. Jim is coming to town and I am not going to be able to join in on the fun. Not that all the guys at CSS haven't done a excellent job of organizing, but Jim just is high energy.
And the dropzone just couldn't be more up.
Man am I pissed:(, but at least I'll see ya all sometime that weekend.
stuart
Stuart
Hey stop lookin' at my ass.

They might make you wear one of those thongs though

Well i dont know if im as privledged as Deuce....but maybe i'll get my FFF thong #...who knows......it seems that last time i was there i ended up wearing a womans thong............

We will leave that one alone.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

last time i was there i ended up wearing a womans thong............
We will leave that one alone.

:D Good call. If it's not on video... ;)

Stuart- Sorry you won't be able to play in the air with us, but I'm looking forward to seeing you again! :)

Dawn what are we at for the joe kwan band are we going to make it for them to come.

YES - just was talking with Ellis about this tonight.

The deal is that we have someone spotting the $ to make $500. (YES!!!) Then we'll ask for donations at the boogie, to hopefully reimburse the anonymous spotter.

I'm still taking donations - anyone who can give, please come see me.

Dawn what are we at for the joe kwan band are we going to make it for them to come.

YES - just was talking with Ellis about this tonight.

The deal is that we have someone spotting the $ to make $500. (YES!!!) Then we'll ask for donations at the boogie, to hopefully reimburse the anonymous spotter.

I'm still taking donations - anyone who can give, please come see me.

I had to read this three times to figure out that there wasn't something wrong with the GPS and that we weren't going to have to actually pay someone to stick their head out of the Otter to spot. It's just been that kind of weekend.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Hey Bro -

You can always mangia at my place. No need to beg at a Fox door. The food rocks and it's not served in a hanger. Bring a beverage or two and you won't even have to pay.

PM me for details and wait a few days for a reply. I'm in sad family hell, and I'm only on here to kill time trying to fall asleep.

Pam

Hi Dawn,

Yes I am from Skydive Gan and from what I've heard Tom and Will should be there... along with the usual gang - maybe more than ever! It will be my "pre-second" visit to CSS and will definately stop by the rigging loft to say hey. :)
So um... what's a Hispa? ;)

Cheers,
Al
Time's flying, and so am I...
(69-way, 108-way and 138/142-way Freefly World Records)

Hi Dawn,

Yes I am from Skydive Gan and from what I've heard Tom and Will should be there... along with the usual gang - maybe more than ever! It will be my "pre-second" visit to CSS and will definately stop by the rigging loft to say hey. :)

HISPAS RULE!!!! :)

The hispas was a gang of peeps who stopped by CSS for a few days and just made the place the most lively place it's been in a while. They cooked for us and they sang with us and they did fun jumps with us. All around a great group of people who just enriched our lives in so many ways. Then we all got initiated into the HISPAs and so it's now our job to show that same hospitality to everyone around us at the DZ.

Can't wait to meet all you guys coming to CSS for the boogie. My band will be playing at the boogie on saturday night and we just don't know what time to start playing. So if any of you have suggestions I need'em.

:)
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

Cheers,
Al

Since you ask so kindly :)
Hispas Brothers

History:
When Dropzone.com opened the forums in Spanish, French and German in September 1993, I strated posting in the Spanish one and very soon I wanted to meet my new friends. Thus, after exchanging ideas I decided that it was time to create a brotherhood.
Thanks to the help and support of my friend Juan Villacis (in recognition I decided to give him the honor of bearing the membership number 1) and the interest expresed by the other members posting in that forum, I was able to make this dream come true and founded the HISPAs Brothers on September 17th 2003.
The acronim stands for Hermandad International de Saltantes en Paracaidas which translates as International Brotherhood of Parachute Jumpers. The name was chosen,by polpular vote of its members, among the various names that were proposed. Although many of our members do not speak Spanish, all were in favor of this name.

The mission:
HISPAs has for goal to create a warm frienship for all of those that enjoy skydiving. We aim to, not only reach across borders, but to set in stone a true frienship among skydivers all over the world, regardless of skills and experience of the induvidual.
Our mission is to give back to the sport, what the sport has given to each of us. We pride to help those who are just starting and enable them to jump with more experienced and knowledgeable jumpers in order to help them to become safer jumpers and not being left to themselves as it so sadly happens so many times. It goes without saying that all of us are gaining knowledge and experience from the other members, regardless of our current skills. We are all benefiting of our shared knowledge.

HISPAs is an international brotherhood with over 60 members located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Panamá, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina, France, Switzerland and Spain.

Jean-Marie Le Grand - FrenchyDiver
President
HISPA #2

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,