Pendragon

November...where would you jump in the US?

In about a couple weeks time or so, I'm going to be inbetween jobs... Got 10 weeks off, so I'm thinking of turning into a bit of a "jump hog" :) Hell, my new job gives me a fat pay rise and more holiday. What could be better? B|

Question is: already planning on going to Eloy for the Christmas boogie. For November, should I go to California or Florida, and then to which DZ? Lots of freefly coaching and/or tunnel time would be good... (any offers? :D)

(P.S. Haven't jumped in the US before :o:P)
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

ZHills is a definite option. they have coaching in all disciplines, coaching that integrates tunnel (Orlando Tunnel is an hour away approx), great facilities, lots of locals so there are always people around and it's easy to get to from Tampa airport.

__

Thanks for that. Also I suppose I was looking for information about:
- How "jumpable" it would be / what the weather would be like?
- Would anyone jump with me :P (I'll be solo :$)
- Would I need a car?
- Could I live on the DZ for 2 weeks, or would that get rather dull?

Initially I was thinking about Perris (sounds like a great place) but I don't really know much about these places, especially in terms of the important details! :S

More suggestions? :)
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Weather: cant beat SoCal (amost never rains..unlike FL)
Perris is good and has the tunnel, Elsinore is 20 minutes over the hill (really nice bunkhouse) and Skydive San Diego, and Skydive SoCal are within 1 hour also. Logical choice would be SoCal in my opinion.
I'll jump with ya, and I (my opinion here) feel Elsinore has more of a laid back vibe and a bit friendlier poople.

November is in the peak of the zhills season. Lots of people from overseas here, lots of people from all over the US escaping the cold north. You could live there for two weeks (either tenting or if you call ahead enough I believe there are some RVs for rent). Manifest also can set you up with a ride from the airport and back if you dn't want to rent a car. Once you get to the DZ you don't need a car really. There's food/a bar on site with CHEAP beer ($2 for pretty much anything), substantial gear store, private bathrooms/showers. There are people who actually LIVE there so there are always peopoe around, especially in the november-march times.

As for jumping, there are organizers there for pretty much all skill levels, coaching if you want that type of learning, or manifest will put out an announcement ifyou are new and looking for a two way, etc etc. One of the friendliest places around. Another plus to FL in general is that there are 4 other DZs (Space Center, Sebastian, DelANd, and Sebastian) as well as the tunnel within 2 hours drive, mostly within an hour. If you have a car, it's easy to take a day trip to another new place.

__

Carolina Sky Sports in louisburg NC is haveing a big Thanksgivng boogie Right now were trying to get a band to play there and they will cook a crap load of turky its going to be one hell of a good time you can go to there web site at www.carolinaskysports.com and get more good info maybe well see you there let me know if you want and ill show you around the place

- How "jumpable" it would be / what the weather would be like?
- Would anyone jump with me (I'll be solo )
- Would I need a car?
- Could I live on the DZ for 2 weeks, or would that get rather dull?

It's very jumpable, warm and sweet!
Yes people will jump with you!
Car, need and need, it's definitely a good thing to have!
Yes you can live there for 2 weeks without it being boring! November is part of the season so you wont be bored!

Ankie
www.ecfreefly.com
Skydivers are a bunch of insensitive jerks...
And that's why I don't skydive anymore!

Floridians get excited when November comes around. That's when it's finally nice enough to spend time outside again! The temps will probably be around 80 F during the day, and the nights are nice and balmy. You wouldn't need more than a light jacket, if that. Most of the afternoon thunderstorms will be done with, so the jumping is nice until the sun goes down. We start getting a lot of visitors at that time, so the planes will be running all week long, at least in Deland, that I know of.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

>For November, should I go to California or Florida . . .

Both are pretty nice. The weather in California will be more reliably nice, and we have a wind tunnel on the DZ out here. OTOH jumping in some place like North Carolina or even New York gets you some amazing visuals as the trees change color.

Thanks all...

Think I'm going to Z-Hills, partly due to flight availability and cost, partly because Wallaby Ranch is in the area and I can go HANG GLIDING as well! :)

Only one thing concerns - the DZ's are/will be up-and-running fully after the recent bad weather? [:/]

Thanks... :)
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

I spent last November (and December) living in a ghetto trailer at Z-hills (electricity but no water) and absolutely loved it B|

thanks again to all the locals for adopting me!

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe