mgerra28

10th anniversary at skydive tallahassee

any kind of Tequila, the cheaper the better!

You know Kevin, that sort of attitude is exactly why you slept in Lee's backyard last night. How's the wood on that deck, is it as soft as it looks? :D
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I am SOOOOOO bummed I can't make it to THE boogie and party event of the year. Hat's off to Cindy and the gang for making me who I am today (cough, cough...or was I already that way?)...at least in teaching me the difference between a pull-up cord and a closing loop. If it weren't for the 3 hour time difference and 3000 miles...the class until noon Friday and 8:00am class Monday, I would love to be there.

So, congrats on 10 years, the thousands of jumps, the best parties, and the best group of people! Have one (or three) for me.

De-Laine

p.s. I'm sure D1 (Eric the foreigner) feels the same!

Okay the following are signed up for the "late afternoon" 21 way Saturday.

Fortson R
Jack D
Keith B
Debbie B
Static Line John
Army Scott
Cindy P. (I think)
Greg H
Jimmy A
Mr Bill
Tiff S.
Jeff S
Fisherman Philp
Brain M the swooper
Drew W
Pat B.
Dennis B
Tom B.
Allen M. (Airman)
Scottie C.
Tami C.
Chris S - video

That makes 21:)
Dive and exist are done already! See everyone after POP's

What do you need as far as qualification for the High Altitude. Really I just want the Oxygon but if I can get a super long freefall out of the deal also I think that would be killer.

Hmm good question...Back before my 3 personal SIMs went missing I could have looked it up & answered your question...Now I quess I'll just have to say the qualifications are: the ability to sign up by 9 PM the night before, & make a 7:30 briefing after an awesome party night.
Aw crap, I quess ya actually have to have a license or something & being sobered up wouldn't be a bad idea,,,,,I'll check it out & get back to you all........Now don't nobody go switching the Oxygen for Nitrous...we don't want no giggling on the plane.....

Anybody heard if Bob Hollar is going to make it?

Maybe late Sunday....has other things to attend to...

SUPER DAVE Garrett will be there.....Fortson, please put him on standby for the big way, in case somebody else bugs out or something, he'd really like to be on it.

BTW everybody make extra sure those rigs are in date, our friendly FAA inspectors ramp checked us very recently & the check included pulling packing data cards....120 days ..You can't be even 1 or 2 days out. But, you all know that :)

UPDATES: We will have 2 temporary (but very functional) outdoor showers up by the weekend, and have 5 places where RVs can tap into the airport authority's electric supply for $6/ night. If you want one of these available electric spots, let me know ASAP. We can arrange a few more if we need them.

We will probably put up a few extra camping tents for the homeless strays that need to crash somewhere other than the runway.

HEY TONY!!!

you obviously havent met kevin dunn.. you might have a run for your money as far as fastest belly flyer. thats for sure.
-anyway, sorry i had to leave without saying goodbye. i landed in the spectator area for that last jump we did, packed in the tandem tent, then when i got back to my tent, my ride was waiting for me and was kinda pissed. i looked for you and the aussie kid by the muff bros tent and looked for you at your tent. i just found the aussie kid and asked him to give you my send off.. sorry bro but ill catch you in a few weeks. check you later;)\
Marcus D R

Talked to Cindy Saturday, she said you haven't trimmed the Mohawk yet...

Hey, now that gives me a great idea for a PARTY GAME...Trim the Mohawk from Marcus..see, you get a bunch of people- blindfolded- with machetes, trimmers, whatever.....OK OK, we'll keep it safe..HOOK KNIVES :) and we give the "young man" a trim...

Latest CONFIRMATIONS:

THe Super Otter will be one from Houston which was at the Richmond Boogie last weekend. It will be piloted by RABBIT---so all of Rabbit's fans, be sure to join us. Our own CRITTER will be "piloting" the high altitude stuff, so all of Critter's fans come get XTRA HIGH ! We wil have enough O2 for a Total of 4-5 high altitude jumps, provided the drunks don't find it at 5 AM Saturday morning.

Beezy Shaw from HIPER USA will be bringing demo Nitro and Blade canopies for everybody to try out.

We will have, in addition to our regular packing area, a 20 X 60 carpeted tent to keep you guys out of the sun.

Not confirmed...working on a firearms, whoops I mean fireworks permit.. :)

Hi Marrianne;

So glad you're coming. (I think Lance is really looking forward to seeing you). But the poor baby broke a few ribs in a car crash last Sunday...bummer.......He keeps giving me crap for making him laugh, 'cause it hurts him to laugh....

I look forward to meeting you.

Registration is $15 for jumpers $20 for non-jumpers.....Lift tickets are $20 bills....we're not gonna sell actual tickets, you just manifest with a $20 bill......if ya need to use a credit card, we'll sell you "tickets" for $21......NO CHECKS ACCEPTED unless you're a local who has been jumping here forever.....

Entertainment is included....in addition to the paid DJ & Bands, we always seem to have a lot of spontaneous jumper created enteretainment as well......The freefly "coached" jumps with TK Langren are available for just the cost of slots. (DZ is picking up the coaching fees--but if anybody wanted to pitch in a contribution trowards this, we would not bject) )

The food is whatever Scotty & Tami Carbone of the Carbone Zone......decide to charge, but it is always excellant quality & quantity as well. Evening " Refreshmants" are no-charge either.

The only other charge that I can think of is..$6 /night for electric from the airport authority for RVs....

This is going to be an awesome event & we look forward to celebrating with all of our local jumpers & sharing the fun with any newbies who want to check us out :)

Here's the scoop...Intermediate altitude jumps are 15 K- 20 K require B license & 100 jumps.

"high" altitude are 20-30K & require C license & bail-out (take it with you O2) So to let the most number of people participate, we'll keep it at 20K "Intermediate"

If you just need a written test or whatever for your B-lets get that wrapped up prior.

Totally unrelated: RED BULL will be here--with lots of what else?? RED BULL to keep everybody wound up just in case nobody is excited enough already.

Eye of the Hurricane Boogie. Yes, you heard it here. We're offering a limited number of Hurricane Eye jumps during our 10 year Boogie....Only a million bucks each..well, you know, we'd have to replace the plane.

So..hmmm what the heck is this Ivan gonna do? Wish we knew. As of right now, the plans are still on. We'll make a decision on the Super Otter by Thursday 10 AM at the latest. If the conditions aren't looking good & we can't commit to the Otter. we'll still have the King Air on hand should we get a nice hole :)

Cindy,

Check the weather again!! Its gonna be beautiful on the Sat and Sun. Even Friday afternoon looks pretty good.

Ck this out from Skydivingweather.com:

Friday: Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s.

Saturday: Through monday, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms each day. Lows 67 to 72. Highs 87 to 92.

SOOOOOOO, don't go doin nothin rash, like cancelling planes or anything.

Scott B|

I've been keeping a pretty close eye on weather.com myself. I'm thinking about all you guys in FL. Be safe and I hope you don't get too waterlogged Wed/Thurs. Keeping my fingers majorly crossed for a beautiful weekend and that Tallahassee doesn't get whacked by Ivan.
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

I got a call last night saying there was talk about closing the airport in Talahassee on Thursday, but I'm coming in on friday afternoon and everything looks good...

Didn't keep me from dreaming of being stuck in an airport for two days though! What a nightmare!!!

Checked the weather this morning and everything looks great! Slight chance of scattered thunderstorms on friday, partly cloudy saturday and Sunday...

Where I'm from that means great weather ahead, what does that mean to you guys out there?

edited to add:
------------------------
I'm coming regardless! I'll just hangout and drink for three days...if nothing else.

Oh Hell, let's just say it: not knowing for sure what's going to happen is a
BIIIGGGGG F***IN' PAIN in the ASS!
It's especially painful for those of us who are always right because we're usually right about bad sh*t.
So for the sake of everyone, I'm going to avoid making predictions and just say: "Screw it! GAME ON! "
The only thing that will suck more than a rainout is sitting at home watching some douchebag weather guy talk about how "surprisingly good things turned out for Tallahassee."

Besides, they say that drinking alone is the first sign of an alcohol problem, so if you guys love me as much as I think you should you won't leave me here to do it. Drive safe. Keep your rigs dry. And don't forget the Slip N Slide.

Also, if you have delicate hands and/or believe in supporting the American working man, I'll be packwhoring like it's Fleet Week. If someone can bring me a packing tool I'll be happy to buy it off you.

And this is your last chance to get in your music requests for Saturday night, here or at [email protected]
Don't leave it up to me or I'll just end up playing reggae all night.

+++++++++++++
I'll push the wood, and blaze your fire. -Bob Marley