surf4life11

Got my A-license this weekend

So after 4 months, 22 skydives (17 freefall), a few grand for jumps and my first rig I am done. I got my A-license this past weekend and it was a blast. I ended up doing two check dives, the first one I did everything great but just could not get to the other to form a four way. Frustration set in and I waited about 2 hours before I made my final jump. On my final check dive I briefed a northern jump run, spotted us right on target, sat in the V to do a diving exit and left the plane. I almost had an off the hill formation but missed it, once I got stable I tracked into the formation, docked and had the greatest feeling in the world rush through me. I pulled and let out a scream they heard for miles, I was just overwhelmed with so many emotions. Thanks to all at MRVS for everything through my student status and thanks to John, Marc and Tom for going on my check dive it meant a lot to me. I look forward to many many more skydives with an awesome dropzone. Blue skies to and the beer is on me next weekend.

Congrats, I just started down the track, and hope to get there soon :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Congrats everyone, its a great feeling to finally get your A.

Remember though, this is now your ticket to learn. Go and seek out people in the sport you can learn from (not necissarily paid coaches) and never stop learning. The moment you stop learning is the moment you become very dangerous. B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I do not think you could give better advice than that. Constant learning is one of the things I really love about the sport. If anyone out there thinks that they know everything then they must be worng. One of the first things I was told this weekend is to not become complacent and continue to learn as much as I can. I will hold that advice close because the more you know the safer you will be.

Woohoo! Congratulations. And motivation plus, I'm gonna go down and at least finish AFF this weekend just for that.

Beer!
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?