mysky

NEW PD CANOPY

I know that this question has been asked and I know that many of you might say there are numerous posting regarding the new PD canopy but did any one get a chance to see what this new canopy was at the wffc. Its obvious from the pictures that it's a 9 cell but it almost looks similar to a Vengeance and that it might have airlock's? Does anyone know anything more about it. I know PD is close to releasing all the info about it but maybe if we keep speculating and starting rumors they might just have to release it a little soonerB|

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

I know that this question has been asked and I know that many of you might say there are numerous posting regarding the new PD canopy but did any one get a chance to see what this new canopy was at the wffc.

[GentleSuggestion] So why not search the forums for that exact subject and learn from the details that have already been posted? [/GentleSuggestion]

:)
Arrive Safely

John

It seems as if everything has been posted here at one time or another so we should never post anything except maybe the incidents as everything else has already been posted here before. Instead of telling someone to look it up maybe just answer the question. Maybe this person doesn't sit in a hole in some office building staring blankly at a computer for 8 hours a day with nothing better to do than surf the net. Why not just answer the question!!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Useful suggestion #1 --ask some for a straight answer that knows, as the people that do nothing except sit here all day don't know the answer.

I would answer the question but I don't know

Suggestion #2 people with very little jump experience and a whole lot of monitor piloting should maybe not be so cocky to the original poster with way more jumps than monitor time--just a thought--may not be a nwbie in this forum but in skydiving your stats say you are.

Not to just single you out, there are others that are just as monitor experienced

as the people that do nothing except sit here all day don't know the answer.

No, but we learned the answer from a PD sponsered jumper a while back on a different thread of the same subject.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So you have taken the time to post that but still have not answered the original question.

Maybe I just dont get it--
Is it some sort of unwriten rule that your supposed to beat around the bush if you know the answer to the question?

I think the reason no one has answered it directly is since a lot of good replys have already been typed. Its better to read an original answer then it is to get 30 people repeating what they heard or read. Messages get very distorted that way..

Basically 9 cell canopy, non airlocked, elliptical, swoop machine, step between a Stiletto and a Velocity.

Search and there are LOTS more details out there.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Well, others responded to the original question, one even posted a link to a thread that answered those questions.

I was answering your question, instead of repeating the same post as made by another.

It is an unwritten (and written sometimes) rule that users search posts for their questions before posting a question. That's how it has been on every online community I've been on since 1987 (when online community meant BBS).

*shrug*

It doesn't really matter since this thread is basically finished since the original question was answered already.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm sorry for asking, I really didn't mean to get anyone into an argument. I really don't have time to search through postings I just figured maybe someone would have an update since the old postings I would think don't have anything. I am no expert at these forums so my apoligies.
Thanks

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

Suggestion #2 people with very little jump experience and a whole lot of monitor piloting should maybe not be so cocky to the original poster

Wow, Jason.

Considering I am a monitor pilot, I am also someone who's posted here for several years...and there are certain things the HH has asked us for...in pertinent part...

Forum Rules

Some things will make you popular:
1) Lurk. Spend some time before you storm in
2) Search before you ask
3) Punctuate and spell check
4) Help newbies
5) Be nice

(Bold added - my emphasis).

If you'd like to read all the forum rules, either follow the link...or simply look at your navbar for the clicky which states "Forum rules".

This is in no way to slam MySky for asking a question. It is meant simply to point out to you, Jason, that the posters you were taking an off topic whack at were actually supporting the forum owner's request...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

now now gentlemen, lets keep this post topical!
take it to pm's if you are gonna fuss around

:D:DJT bucking for Moderator:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Rather than jump in and defend myself against an angry voodew1, which was unwarranted, :| I will choose to explain the process further to mysky . . .

You committed no cyber-social mistake by posting as you did. My suggestion was there only because I was given the same constructive suggestion when I was a newbie here as well.

New jumpers and/or new posters get this suggestion all the time; the best examples are new jumpers looking for rig-buying advice, RSLs, and whether or not to wear a CYPRES. Do a search for those subjects or you'll see what I mean.

As far as having the time to search the forums, I noticed that you posted the same question twice, having to wait for answers . . . what I am saying is the answers may already be there for the taking if you look. :)
Now, about the new PD canopy . . . all I know about it is what I read in these forums . . . it's called the Katana, and there are very informative threads about it

HERE

HERE

AND HERE

There are some older, speculative threads that are not as much help.

Hopefully this helped the entire situation and will put some water on the flames in this thread. ;)
Arrive Safely

John

I'm sorry for asking, I really didn't mean to get anyone into an argument. I really don't have time to search through postings I just figured maybe someone would have an update since the old postings I would think don't have anything. I am no expert at these forums so my apoligies.
Thanks

Let me remind you!
DONT FEEL SORRY FOR ASKING A QUESTION . WE ALL DO
you could've research the forum but I see your a newbie here.(don tcare about jump #'s) if you arent familiar with the board I can see wnated a question asnwered.

dont let the fickle responses prevent you from learning.EVER!
My photos

My Videos

>Maybe this person doesn't sit in a hole in some office building staring
>blankly at a computer for 8 hours a day with nothing better to do than
>surf the net.

So instead we should sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day answering the same questions time and time again?

>Why not just answer the question!!

Ivan did answer the question. In this brave new world of cyberspace, a link is about the same as a long session of typing.