DBCOOPER

Priceless

Seven hour drive to New Hampshire fuel and tolls $40.
Donation to the Collins Foundation $400.
Seven hour drive back to Pennsylvania $40.
Dropping through the Bomb bay door of a B-17
Priceless:)
Great job by the folks at Pepperell putting the whole thing together.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Seven hour drive to New Hampshire fuel and tolls $40.

I know its off topic but $40 (about £25 - £30?) would not even last a 3 hour drive here in England. We get well ripped off on fuel!

Anyway Again, you lucky bastard!! A B-17?! How did you manage to get in and out of one of them?

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

Yea it used to be $350.I think I would have gone as high as a grand for that jump. As it was, it was a birthday present from my wonderful girlfriend.

Yep; jumping that thing is worth the money. I had the honor to be on the first nude B-17 load ever at Quincy a while back. Story here.

Yeah? Well I had the good fortune to jump the B24 in 2000. We didn't know at the time that the FAA in its wisdom would declare the last flying example of the most built plane of WWII as an "Experimental" plane and thereby stop all jumping from it after that year.

Yes, I do have my "Meat Bomb" tee from the Collings Foundation as well as the pilot's sig in my log book. I claim Liberator 24 as one of the numbers I'm most proud of.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I know its off topic but $40 (about £25 - £30?) would not even last a 3 hour drive here in England. We get well ripped off on fuel!

Anyway Again, you lucky bastard!! A B-17?! How did you manage to get in and out of one of them?

Yeah we do get ripped off. But I can get to durham and back (3:30hrs each way) on no more than £30 fuel.

But B-17? did they open and let you drop, or do you have to put yourself out?

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

They open the doors about two miles prior.You straddle bomb bay opening on the metal framing.You can sort of see it in the pic of the aircraft as I'm falling away.Look in the right hand side of the bomb bay. We got 6500 for altitude.

Congratulations! Awesome, isn't it?

I too had the pleasure of jumping the B-17 bomb bay back in 1993. The aircraft was owned by David Tallichet, a restauranteur from Texas, and was used to film the move "The Memphis Belle." I even got to crank open the bomb bay doors.

As far as aircraft goes, that is the coolest one I have ever jumped.
Arrive Safely

John

isnt that a rush i get goose bumps every time i fly in one of theyre airplanes when you just sit and think about it the only others that jumped them years ago only did so cause they had to and now we get to go for the fun of it and to help keep them flying its a real thrill everytime i am in them i have also jumped theyre b24 the dragon and his tail the only one still flying in the world 4 times and a few more than that from 909 and get chill bumps every time glad you liked it they will be at the wffc in rantoul this comeing year again hope to see you all there till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65 johnny gates
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates