AggieDave

Icarus Customer (no)Service?

After 3 weeks, I finally got in touch with someone from Icuras last week, so I could get a demo for this weekend. Well, flash forward to this week, I've been trying to reach someone for the past 3 days, ANYone at Icuras to confirm that I have a demo coming this weekend. Also wanted to find out what day I could expect it (or get a tracking number) so I know when to be at the house to get it.

I've heard great things about their canopies, so I'm looking forward to trying one out, but its hard to do business with a company that won't answer their phones, won't return voicemail and won't return e-mail.

Am I the only one that has had this problem with Icuras? Does anyone know a different way to contact someone from Icuras then their regular phone number or their info e-mail address?

(I guess I've been really spoiled dealing with PD in the past, their customer service is top notch and they're all about returning phone calls/voicemails/e-mails/etc).

edit: I spell like a blind monkey.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm all about giving chances. Sometimes things happen, its a bad month, etc. I have worked long enough in service industries to know and have experienced that. Never mind that I've mostly heard nothing but good things about their company, etc, thus I figured I'm that 1 in a 100 customers that has a not so great experience.

I had an issue with Icarus a couple times, I LOVE their canopies had three in three years I just can’t get over their customer service. I did found Help using this forum and somebody gave me Simon information he took care of it. But just the fact that you need to track them down to get the service is mind bothering. [:/]
Part of buying a canopy new or used is the necessity of getting service of the goods, what good is it to have a canopy that can’t be re-lined or fixed are we talking about disposable canopies here?
Their product is awesome, they just need to fix the customer service end of it.;)

And please don’t erase this post that happened several times, when somebody have a legitimate opinion that is against somebodys interest.>:(

Thanks

Carlos
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

It seems there not the only one with bad customer relations, it seems to run in the skydive industry...from Helmets to Jumpsuits and Containers.
Seen alot of unhappy skydivers this year on the DZ cause of manufacturers. don't want to say names but they rhyme with kings, smokeye and firefly (that doesn't rrhyme but they had the gf suit since june for a repair, its October Hello?)

Now see, I've overall had a good experience thoughout the industry. PD, Wings, Bev Suits, FMC, Bonhead, Square1 and the list could go on.

Simon has been in contact with and is sorting this out. Its great that he's taken time out of his schedule to take of this, although it is too bad that he (the top dog) had to take control and get it done.

Update!

Simon Powell, Simon (in AUS) and Wyat have gone above and beyond to get all of this mess resolved.

Wyat asked me to post his personal e-mail address here so in the future, folks can contact him. He's taking over the sales and demos in America.

[email protected]

I want to publicly thank the folks at Icarus for stepping up to the bar and really going out of their way to rectify the situation. As told to me, they're in the process of solving the problems they've been experiencing.

Basically, today they have proved that they are dedicated to fixing the problems they're currently experiencing and taking care of their customers.

Dave,
If you'd just asked me a couple of weeks back, I would've let you demo my Crossfire 99 but I've sold it since

Dude, that would have been sweet! I would have loaded that canopy at basically 2.8:1, that would have been a swoop monster. Swooping straight down through to China.:P

Just want to make the point that Icarus canopies are not only produced in the US but also in Europe and in NZ. Don't know about the guys in Europe (Spain?), but in my dealings with the Kiwis I had no problems what so ever.
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Like I said before, When I had the issue with Icarus somebody gave me his e-mail and I sent and message that night, I got response from Simon next day at 5:00 am the situation got fix that afternoon, is just the hazard of passing thru this, anyway maybe my crossfire openings worth the extra mile;)
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

->Swooping straight down through to China.

-->>> heheh.....only if you didnt begin your hook by 1000' AGL

Roy

seriously, glad you have resolved your problems with icarus, they do make great canopys
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

It has gone all pear shaped

Nope, I'm not ready for a crossbraced yet. That's where I want to be, but I need more jumps before I take that step. I'm getting a xfire2 demo that I'll be loading at 1.9-ish. Basically right now I'm looking for an "in-between" canopy to jump for maybe about 400-500 jumps before I downsize again and go crossbraced.

I had a heck of a time trying to get Icarus to send me out a xFire2 to demo. In fact they never did send one to me (more on that later). But I did get to demo one at Rantoul (ironically after I had already ordered one) and now I'm flying my own xFire2 canopy and love it. Now I did commit the cardinal sin (buy before you try) and I don't expect people to do what I did. But based on everything that I was hearing about the xFire2 canopy, I knew I wanted one and now that I have one, I am very pleased with it (of course I've only made 40 some odd jumps on the new canopy). And one has to wonder if Icarus saw that I already had ordered a canopy and decided not to send me out a demo, or if they just forgot about me with the demo I had requested. I don't know ... but I'm not losing any sleep about the issue. :P

So is Icarus's customer service top notch? Likely not. But is the xFire2 a top notch canopy? If it's not the best non-crossed braced canopy out there, it's one of the best. :$ And as long as Icarus is around for a re-line in a few hundred jumps, I'm happy. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over