bigbearfng

Perris/Elsinore smoked out?

On Saturday Elsinore shut down early because of smoke and Santa Ana winds. Winds being the biggest reason, they were high teens, gusting in the 20's.
Sunday was fine, a little windy but never shut down. The smoke didn't quite make it to the dz, it crept up close, withint 3 miles, then the winds retreated along with the smoke.
Monday the planes were grounded for a while as an ATC was evacuated because of a fire, and lots of airports were grounded because the FAA had no one to look after them. Today Elsinore did 11 loads Cajones said...

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I was jumping in Titusville back when all the fires were ravaging Florida. The dz was shut down eventually but until then, we could see the multiple 'fronts' from altitude - it was pretty amazing!

On the ground was miserable!! Just going from the house to your car - you would smell like you stood downwind of a barbeque all day. [:/]

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

I'm leaving Oslo, Norway tonight, heading for Perris/Elsinore. You guys better be open! lol

How long does it take to drive from Perris/Elsinore to Eloy?

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and
tequila." -Mitch Ratliffe

How long does it take to drive from Perris/Elsinore to Eloy?

Six hours for a belly flier, four hours for FFlier.

LOL. And is it then 2 hours for a wingsuit flyer? ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Depends...
If HWY 8 is shut down due to the fires it's going to take you a while. Other than that your looking at only about 5 or 6 hours tops.

I drove in from Pheonix on Sunday night because my plane was shut down from the fires. It was a long drive and wait.

I'm suprised you haven't heard about it. Close to 1 million acres have burned. Thousands of homes destroyed, and the last count I heard was 16 dead. This doesn't even begin to account for the lost livestock and wildlife.

Biggest fires in history out here. Major disaster. I think for a while people thought that San Diego, CA proper was in hot water.

*** I'm suprised you haven't heard about it. Close to 1 million acres have burned. Thousands of homes destroyed, and the last count I heard was 16 dead. This doesn't even begin to account for the lost livestock and wildlife.

Biggest fires in history out here. Major disaster. I think for a while people thought that San Diego, CA proper was in hot water.

Give him time! ;-)

I think this is the same guy from UK recdot that just heard (despite the widespread publicity throughout the UK skydiving community for the past two years) that a windtunnel is being constructed (pending suitable fundraising efforts) at Milton Keynes.

Crazydave...buy a newspaper dude! ;-) leave the house or clck on bbcnews occasionally!

Blue Ones,
Stay Safe.

Martin Evans

yes this is the same crazy dave...!

i have being watching the news but it was never on... and i have also read the papers, it wasnt in my papers either.... i didnt know because i never heard about it in conversation.... (the wind tunnel)

however. this fire thing, well i new about the fire, but since i dont know much in the way of geography in america i dont/ didnt know that perris was where the fire was!

!!! - what publicity... if u mean the skydiving community then if you check my registration date..... i have infact not been signed up for the past 2-3 years. i am only 16 and have only in effect done 1 jump. i am doing more, but as was not into the sport until earlier this year did not feel it was neccisary to sign up.

What happening vis a vis fires at Perris? Havent heard anything on the news since the weekend. Gonna be there on the 20th of Nov, hopefully the whole sky is not smoke and maybe even the wind tunnle open by then. What do you think are the odds?