Markj

Skydive shop in London?

You won't find any skydiving shops that aren't on a DZ or right next to it. Like the other guy said, there just aren't enough of us to have them on the corner or in the mall. We deal with people from all over the world and 99.9% of the time there aren't any problems at all.
Dom

If you want a jumpsuit pop down to Headcorn DZ and get measured for a Symbiosis suit. Main advantage is that if it doesn't fit when you get it you can take it back and as they measured you they will fix it free of charge and with no hassle.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Cool thanks guys. Ye I thought that maybe somebody had a small skydiving section in a outdoor shop or something like that. Oh well. Will have to wait. Its quite a long way for me to go to Headcorn just to get a jumpsuit so will probably wait untill I am next at a DZ.

cheers

Cool thanks guys. Ye I thought that maybe somebody had a small skydiving section in a outdoor shop or something like that. Oh well. Will have to wait. Its quite a long way for me to go to Headcorn just to get a jumpsuit so will probably wait untill I am next at a DZ.

cheers

Do not wait until next time you are there - go now!! While you're there, do some skydives!!

Then go back as soon as the new suit is ready - while you're there, do some more skydives.

If in doubt, just go there and do lots of jumps while you sort out whatever it is you have in doubt...

Get the idea?

fergs;)

Mark,

well I was in UK for a cpl years some time ago and made Headcorn my "home DZ". So used to go there often. I remember many many times crap weather in London but it was jumpable down at Headcorn.

I recall one day in winter - crap weather in London, took the train from Charing cross to Headcorn - managed 10 jumps on the day, including a reserve ride which cost over an hour between jumps finding my cutaway handle and repacking my reserve.

So just go. Order the suit. If the weather is unjumpable, the Smarden Bell is a little haven. If you don't make the Bell, then try and do 11 skydives.

Blue Skies,

fergsB|

Mark

If your at Hinton you could look out for Paul Floyd, he's a uk dealer for Tony Suits. I'm hoping to meet him there to get measured up for one, will let you know if he plans to be there.

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

You won't find any skydiving shops that aren't on a DZ or right next to it

I hate being a smartass... really I do :), but there's a shop in downtown Vancouve that sells skydiving accesories (its mostly an outlet for selling tandem rides to tourists, but they have a few odds and ends)
Remster

Ye its london in England.

Cool, thanks for all the responses guys. I might head down to Headcorn to get measured up for a suit. I have had a look and it is actually a lot closer than I thought it was.

Nick

drop me line if you know that Paul floyd guy is going up to Hinton and If I am not sorted out with something by then I might go up there. TonySuit are quite nice aren't they?

cool, thanks guys

M.J

You'll get mixed advice on Tony vs Symbi... they're both popular and its basically down to personal preferance. (I went with symbi, I live with 2 other skydivers: one has a tony, the other another symbi).

Take a look at the websites - symbi has an esp good one:Symbiosis Suits

If you go to hinton, Floydi probably be there now weston is down for the winter (he was last weekend). If you decide on a symbi suit then the hinton shop is a dealer for them and Maddy there is very skilled at measuring you up correctly. Both are covered therefore.

Also weather's supposed to be fine for jumping on sunday.

I beleive that the Beaver is currently broken at Headcorn - a great opportunity to come over to Netheravon - either drive down the M3 or if you are going sat am give me a pm and I'll pick up up from fleet station and run you there. They have a bunkhouse and ususally a couple of authorised jumpsuit dealers - and the weather is due to be good on sunday www.metoffice.gov.uk
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

now there's an offer you can't refuse... a chauffeur ride to the DZ on a day you know you can jump AND talk with jump suit dealers. Half my club's planning to be there too so you could make some mates.

I have to go to London again damnit :( or I'd join you there and drag you up in the air.

Cool thanks Gremlin, I will probably give Netheravon a skip on saturday, but thanks a lot anyway. If I go anywhere it will probably be on sunday (if its sunny) Will probably go to hinton just cause I am already a member there. What is the closest train station to Netheravon? Maybe I can head down there another time. It looks good cause they have some nice planes and the jumps are cheaper there.

Mathew, thanks for those encouraging words about dragging me up there :)
M.J

This web site is really good just get the postcode for hinton http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/TN27

I was planning to go to Headcorn myself this sunday but not so sure after looking at the weather. >:(
I have a symbi suit myself and have to say I am very happy with it.

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"

O.k my lad :)
Ye it looks like its raining for the next week!! What a drag! Apparently Headcorn is quite clicky.. Is this true? Also I noticed that membership is £50.
Is that right or am I wrong?

What is the closest train station to Headcorn, unfortunately I don't have a car and am limited to DZ's by whether or not they are accessible by public transport and Cabs.
cheers

M.J

Headcorn? Clicky? Well yeah sometimes - but only if your'e a paedophile, but then you'll still be accepted somewhere on the dz anyway!;) We like sheep here you know - we even get the odd kiwi taking the trouble to make the trip to see them. No seriously we are cool as long as you are not a complete goon, not knowingly anyway!!! :S HeHeHe! Headcorn seems to have a bad rep for being clicky - I always thought it was the opposite, but the only way is to come and find out for yourself - when it stops raining... The nearest station to Headcorn is Headcorn, I can't remember what the membership is - I only pay it every year but I don't think its as much as that anyway.
May see you there one day - oh the shops great by the way, as are symbi suits but be careful of the sheep poo, and the lama poo - no I wasn't joking about that bit!
Blue skies - the sun is definitely still shining for us above all that cloud...[:/]