airsaint

what is the right thing to do?

You do.....

Was it in good conditioin before you jumped it? You should have inspected it before jumping it. It's your responsibility, pay for it.

Did the pack job cause the problem? You should have packed it yourself (I rarely do, but take responsibility for being lazy). Pay for it.

yup... you borrowed it. you're responsible for it... think about it... if it'd just been a simple mal, you'd have paid for the repack, right? you have to give it back in the same condition you got it.

and... did you like the rig?

if so, just offer to buy it, and replace the canopy yourself with whatever you want.

you want me to buy your rig and offer to have me test jump it for the week-end. I hire a packer. I make a jump and blow up the canopy with a line dump.

who pays for the repair?

You do! No question about it.

If you borrow my car, and take it back to me in pieces, you surely gonna pay for the repairs.

;)

Yves.

you want me to buy your rig and offer to have me test jump it for the week-end. I hire a packer. I make a jump and blow up the canopy with a line dump.

who pays for the repair?

You pay, you took responsibility for it when you borrowed it to test jump. If you test drive a car, and you crash it, your insurance probably pays, right? (?)

What if you had cut away the main and never found it, would you just say,.. oh, well, it wasn't mine! ? No way, man! You lost it, you replace it.

Not to bring this too far off topic, but how does something like that happen, anyhow? Slider not against gromets?

Sorry to hear of the shit luck you got, but I think it is only right that you pay for the canopy whatever he was asking for it.

Angela.

Speaking of insurance, if you have renters, or homeowners insurance, that might pay for the canopy. It might.

-
Jim

I totally need to call State Farm and ask them that, among my other "Whatif" questions.

Me: "Is my parachute covered if I jump out of the airplane, initiate deployment normally, and the parachute explodes unexpectedly? Assuming I live, of course."

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Many years ago I had a system stolen from from a drop zone I was jumpin at. My home owners insurance replaced it a replacement value. I made out a like a fat rat.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

Speaking of insurance, if you have renters, or homeowners insurance, that might pay for the canopy. It might.

Broken gear NO. Stolen gear yes.

Just curious, but do you tell them it was stolen from your home, or do you tell the truth that it was stolen at a dz? Do most insurances cover this?

Angela.

Just curious, but do you tell them it was stolen from your home, or do you tell the truth that it was stolen at a dz? Do most insurances cover this?

Your home owners will cover anything STOLEN form anywhere, as long as you have your gear writen in your policy before it's reported stolen and have pictures of it.

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

A buddy of mine cutaway his brand new Sabre2 in the woods of maine. He had homeowners insureance and he had to eat it. They said that if it was stolen, then they would have paid for it, but since he cut it away, he was out of luck. So if anyone needs a brand new Sabre2 170...come on up and take a look...only on Sundays though...no deer hunting on sundays!!!:)

Broken gear NO. Stolen gear yes.

Angela.

This is a battle of ethics. By your own ethics, you may be compelled to tell them the honest truth. And you would hope that by their own ethics, they would give you a fair, impartial, and equitable deal, seeing as you are their client and pay them a lot of money on an ongoing basis for precisely that.

However, I believe many people have found that insurance companies do not, in all cases, give fair, impartial, and equitable deals, not even so far as to meet the client's expectations based on written representations. And there are many artifacts that add up to this, not least of which is those nearly-monthly notices that your insurance coverage has changed (i.e. gone down) and/or your premiums have changed (i.e. gone down) so they can remain competitive.

Which leads to a case of prisoner's dilemna, in some peoples' eyes. Or a case of "taking what's due" in other peoples' eyes.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

You do.....

Was it in good conditioin before you jumped it? You should have inspected it before jumping it. It's your responsibility, pay for it.

Did the pack job cause the problem? You should have packed it yourself (I rarely do, but take responsibility for being lazy). Pay for it.

Agree. Doesn't matter how it happened, once you took possession, returning to the owner in the same condition you received it in is YOUR responsibility.

Blues,

Bob

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.