dkf1979

skydive aircrafts

What I might be tempted to do would be to search these forums for "favourite jumpship" etc, there have been a few threads on the subject. Then cut and paste the unusual ones into a list, then google for images....:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I really do like the Let - huge door, bigger than an Otter's door, me thinks...

One of the best things about them has to be the 'standard' Eastern European Airliner paintjobs on them...

I don't know if this is one of those paintjobs, but you can see how big the doors are in the let410 picture.
Other two are the Pilatus Porter and our very own 'Fat Angie' An2- sometimes jumping out of that one is probably the closest you can get to a dead air exit from a powered aircraft.:P

Recently, a boogie organiser in this part of Europe sent everyone on his mail list an offer for one of those planes along with the dates of the boogies.:P Unfortunately 460k Euro (about .5 million $) is a tad too much for my pocket
The manufacturer was stated as "LET a.s., Kunovice, Czech Republic". It also said that altogether around 1200 were made, which, I assume, means production was discontinued some time ago.

I jumped out of one of these this weekend, It was pretty cool, It looks like a porter but it isn't. Its called a SMG-92. It was really quick to altitude..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Turbo Finist, the Russian answer to the Pilatus Porter and DeHavilland's Turbo Beaver.

The beech 99 is an awesome plane, jumped it 2 weeks ago in Aggieland. This plane is by far the most comfortable skydiving plane I have ever been in. We were able to lay down, stretch out and really enjoy.

Could have been the fact it was Thanksgiving weekend and the most jumpers on the plane at one time was eight which was double the other 2 loads.

Thanks for flying with only for jumpers on a twin turbine Todd---next time I will bring the beer
Voodew

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid