Zoter

New Rig...at last !!

Im stoked....just heard my new rig is ready for collection Friday :)TS Superfly , 210 ZPExe main, 220 Aerodyne smart reserve, and Cypres II
( Hey Im a 6ft + , 210lb guy dont laugh)

Big Deal ???

Well it is for me...its my first rig .

I wanted second hand but couldnt find anything here ( UK) that was suitable so bought something spanking new ( hey ...thats what bonuses are for right?)

As a bit of fun...anyone got any funny stories about getting their first or new rig ?

Anyone had a 'New rig' party ??....hey Im thinking bout it Im so happy:)

As a bit of fun...anyone got any funny stories about getting their first or new rig ?

Well, I didn't own gear until I had my D license. I was borrowing old rigs from various people up till then.

I then bought all of my gear new.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

This wasn't very funny at the time, but when I got my new rig last november, it spent a lot of time fully packed on dropzones before I first took it in the air. First time I set out to jump it, we had low cloud cover at our airfield and a load of s/l newbies waiting to do their first jump. So after watching the clouds roll by 'till 1pm, we decided to hit the road and go to another airfield about 60 miles away, where our airplane was already waiting (sent there for service, it would fly to our home dz if the clouds had lifted). Well we got to that airfield with nothing but blue skies above us, started gearing up when, what do you know, the clouds that apparently followed us finally catch up, the ceiling drops to 1000' and we stare at the grey shit for an hour before we call it a day.

Next weekend, I went to a dropzone on the coast with a nice turbine L-410, only to find out upon arrival that jumping was postponed for lack of pilots, who seemed to have gotten lost on the way to the dz. (Don't get me started on how things are run around that place...). We spent the rest of the day sunbathing by the sea doing things normally reserved for after jumping and were actually quite lucky that the pilots never showed up, since none of us was in any condition to jump after an hour or two.

By the third weekend, the jokes about my dropzone-sightseeing tour were already circulating and people were constantly making suggestions about where I can not jump next. So when we actually took off I kept waiting for the plane to be called down right up to the moment I stepped out the door.

But the story doesn't quite end here. After an uneventful dive, I find myself upwind from the landing zone, but still quite far. I almost managed to get back, but then decided to play it safe and land out because of some power wires I wasn't sure I could get across. I flat turn into the wind at about 100' when I notice I'm diving hard and generally going faster than I was with the wind at my back. The ground rushes towards me and I flare, have just enough time to wonder why it's not working (I must have caught a rotor or something), bounce off the ground, fly my canopy a few feet more (wings level, ya know) and then come down again, hard enough for me to appreciate my decision to roll rather than attempt to stand up.

So I roll right into a freshly-plowed field, get up, curse, inspect the ditch my knees dug on the first impact, curse some more and start heading back. As you may have guessed, I completely soiled my brand new container in the process of saving my bones, much to the amusement of everyone present. The mud was actually very easy to brush off, but I have no doubt that my friends will be fast to remind me of how I stained my new rig on the first jump, should I ever forget about it.:P

We want a picture!
Who is the Manufacturer of the container and main? I dont recognize TS or Exe...

And no ones laughing about the sqft....shut up you guys. I know the problems being a 6"-4" athlete/bodybuilder with an exit weight topping 250 lbs.

Im stoked....just heard my new rig is ready for collection Friday :)TS Superfly , 210 ZPExe main, 220 Aerodyne smart reserve, and Cypres II
( Hey Im a 6ft + , 210lb guy dont laugh)

Big Deal ???

Well it is for me...its my first rig .

I wanted second hand but couldnt find anything here ( UK) that was suitable so bought something spanking new ( hey ...thats what bonuses are for right?)

Anyone had a 'New rig' party ??....hey Im thinking bout it Im so happy:)

Nice! Yeah, post pics!!

Um, I've been told that I am required to have a 'new rig party'...as I won the thing in a contest and so should have 'plenty of money to party'...so I'm told...B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You lucky so and so !!!
Im about 3 grand (sterling) short ....but its gonna be worth EVERY penny and then some....
What price fun?
And what price fun...in your OWN rig...:)Picking it up this Friday Dudes....piccie definately will be posted....me cuddling said rig...aww

And its a Thomas Sports design ( surely you US guys have heard of the Teardrop ??...well its the FF friendly version)
ZP.Exe is a 'chute shop' , South African 'Sabre' copy...I believe...cheap and cheerful and reliable.
( Like im looking to 'perform' on a 215 main...nah ...Im just gonna enjoy the view landing safely :)