Tinkerbelle

what is the most relaibly softest opening canopy?

Putting personal Experiences aside, Doesn't the Spectre Have the best reputation by far??

sure does...but then again ask the fallinwoman about her personal experience with a spectre as it exploded over her head. so much for letting the sunpath boys pack there own demo rigs.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

"small and fast, what every girl dreams of?!"
that's a joke right? ;)

No Im very small, and Im fast as hell, (dont last long) Actually its a reference to canopys, skydiving is one of the ony things guys want the smallest toy, and really want to be fast. Either way nothing a few shots of Jager wont fix.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Has anyone tried a PD Vengence? How does it compare to say a Safire or a Crossfire, or a pilot?
I liked it! I especially liked the cushy landings all airlocked & stuff. Is that the same for all airlocked can of pees? How do airlock canopies compare on opening, from other experiences?

You know, if they hadn't come up with softer opening canopies than the Sabre since people started turning upside down going a lot faster with presumably faster residual velocity at opening time, all you upsidedowners would be neckaching about it by now! You all lucked out with the timing in your favor! :)

I had 2 bad experiences on my Safire2 139, one hurt my back last july (still hurts, but getting better, nothing on x-rays), second one broke a rib and got my neck a bit sore (due to the camera)... never understood why. but I still love it.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hi have put a little over 300 jumps on a Safire 1 made in Spain and never had a hard opening. I could trash pack my Safire in 5 minutes and it always opened well. If your looking at Safire 1's it is my understanding that a fair number of them that were made by PA open hard and do not flare well. I have never jumped a Safire 2.
I have over 200 jumps on a Crossfire 1 129, and a Crossfire 2 130. They both open great and fly even better.
Kirk

Well Mikey used to have a purple, pink, and white stilletto. I will have to check up on why he changed- probably 'cause people give him stuff.

Actually no he purchased this canopy. I can tell you why he changed...but it might be more interesting for you to ask him yourself.;)