jumping in Houston area

Hi I'm coming over to Houston for a week in
April and was wondering where is good to jump out in that neck of the woods. I'll be there from April 17-25th so let me know if anything is going on down there guys!

Thanks

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Skydive Aggieland is about an hour north of Houston. We have a great group of jumpers, a Beech 99 (think of it as a low wing Otter...twin turbine with a HUGE door), and a great DZ.

Let me know if you'd like to come up and need a place to crash.

http://www.skydiveaggieland.com
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

thanks Dave - im actually meant to be seeing my skydiving friend Carene who works as a packer somewhere in Texas, somewhere near Houston i think. Anyways i'll be sure to mention Aggie land to her when we start planning stuff!
PS is it true we have to wear a 10 gallon hat when jumping in Texas? Someone said it was part of the BSR's in that part of the country.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

PS is it true we have to wear a 10 gallon hat when jumping in Texas? Someone said it was part of the BSR's in that part of the country.

Only if you're doing RW, most of the FFers are much more progressive and wear nice felt Stetsons.:P

Its worth the trip up to Aggieland just to let Big Dave introduce you to Shiner

Never mind we always have Shiner on tap with our 2-keg professional beer dispensor (with the nice towers and taps).B|

Only if you're doing RW, most of the FFers are much more progressive and wear nice felt Stetsons.:P

LOL!

Can you recommend me any non skydiving related fun in the Houston area? I know it's a huge city etc, but if you know of any good Texan style restauarants or anything nearby (i'll have transport) please do let me know - i want to be enveloped by the Southern Experience for the entire week if poss.

Cheers!

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

if you know of any good Texan style restauarants or anything nearby (i'll have transport) please do let me know - i want to be enveloped by the Southern Experience for the entire week if poss.

Yes and no.

Near Spaceland? You'll have to drive a good ways back into Houston.

Near Waller (SD Houston)? You'll have to drive a good ways back into Houston.

In Aggieland? This is home of Texas A&M University, the Aggies. With 45,000 hard-core Aggies going to school here, there's plenty of Texas to experience. The largest private gun collection on display at the Corps of Cadets Center on campus, never mind some really good country bars (The Dixie Chicken), really good steaks/bar-b-Q and a pretty good strip bar. If you want to do what SpinDoctor did, we could even go The Texas Hall of Fame, which is a C/W dance hall. Its not like the ones in/around downtown Houston, which are full of pretty boy cowboys that probably never even been near a cow, much less grew up in the country. Actually, I like how SpinDoctor put it "fuck me the women here are georgous!"B|

if you know of any good Texan style restauarants or anything nearby (i'll have transport) please do let me know - i want to be enveloped by the Southern Experience for the entire week if poss.

Yes and no.

Near Spaceland? You'll have to drive a good ways back into Houston.

Near Waller (SD Houston)? You'll have to drive a good ways back into Houston.

In Aggieland? This is home of Texas A&M University, the Aggies. With 45,000 hard-core Aggies going to school here, there's plenty of Texas to experience. The largest private gun collection on display at the Corps of Cadets Center on campus, never mind some really good country bars (The Dixie Chicken), really good steaks/bar-b-Q and a pretty good strip bar. If you want to do what SpinDoctor did, we could even go The Texas Hall of Fame, which is a C/W dance hall. Its not like the ones in/around downtown Houston, which are full of pretty boy cowboys that probably never even been near a cow, much less grew up in the country. Actually, I like how SpinDoctor put it "fuck me the women here are georgous!"B|

dang that all sounds great - a big gun collection, barn dancing and bbq sound like the perfect combination for a different kind of night (apart from that bbq, which i tend to eat as much of as i can).
I am meeting my friend, a packer girl (not sure which dz she works at) and she is going to be my Southern Belle TM guide while i'm there, but i'm going to mention to her we should stop by at your dz. Is it true you do rodeo jumps with real live steeds there? I highly doubt it and figure this is more myth than anything, but i did hear it was in the SIM this year...

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Dave's right, Aggieland is one of a kind. You won't find a better mix of people in that town. Make sure to stop by "The Chicken" to play some bones and then go next door and chow down on a "Monster" (burrito) at Freebirds while you're at it. I really miss that place!!!

If you can't make it out to Aggieland, be sure to come to Spaceland and we'll make sure to show you a good time.
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

In Aggieland? This is home of Texas A&M University, the Aggies. With 45,000 hard-core Aggies going to school here

Don't let that deter you. ;) hook um!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

SSM is kind of my third home dz as I live in Houston, typicaly jump at Spaceland but jump some Sundays at SDHouston when my girl from Austin is visiting and SSM when I'm visiting her. May very well be there that weekend for some 8-10way stuff but that's a long way off. If I don't meet ya, enjoy your stay in our little country;)!

I spent a couple of weekends at Skydive Houston (Waller) recently, and the place rocked. Awesome dropzone with a very good atmosphere. I never made it to Spaceland, Aggieland or Beaumont (would have loved too, but didn't have time... so I'll just have to come back!), so I can't comment, except to say I've heard good things about them. You'll love Texas :)

Hi Kat! And we love having cute redheads from Canada come visit. Do it again soon! Thanks for the nice comments.

Thanks! I will definitely come back some time, but I won't be able to afford it for a while. Sucks, because right now there is a lot of snow on the ground and low clouds here. I'm definitely missing Houston right now :(

Thanks! I will definitely come back some time, but I won't be able to afford it for a while. Sucks, because right now there is a lot of snow on the ground and low clouds here. I'm definitely missing Houston right now :(

Hey kat!! this is Don, the deaf dude from SDH that was jumping with tarek and them. hey, it could be worse. It could be gorgeous weather and you dont have any money for jumping. :( trust me, THAT sucks.

Todd is a lucky DZO to have such a loyal employee.

I didn't always work at the DZ, I like it, liked the operation and where it was headed so I asked if I could work there. B|

What can I say, I think Aggieland kicks ass.B|