Muppetdog

Ride Bass Boat out of plane

I think I would be cool If some one could find a way to ge a bunch if people in a bass boat and push it out the door, Over un-populated territory of course. Really it does not have to be a bass boat but any boat of some size. I wonder how boats fall?

MD

I've seen pictures of people in covertibles, and many in rubber dinghies. With the latter the photo often has people on the outside that appear to give it stability, like AFF-Is on each side.

Looks fun! Am I right in understanding it's possible to talk to each other?

search the forums for raft jumps... theres been quite a few people who have jumped out either riding or holding onto a inflatable raft. i don't know why youd want to use a bass boat, as they are much harder, which could mean injuries if the thing suddenly flipped and smacked you, and they are more expensive. plus i imagine it would be hard to deploy with one, so youd would have to let it smash into the ground.

MB 3528, RB 1182

So THATS what those full face bass fishing helmets are for!

You mean the ones that were less expensive than the full face skydiving helmets?(big hint):D

Have you been to that website recently? They now have a skydiving disclaimer on it!

PLEASE NOTE: This helmet is modified for Competition Bass Fishing and is not suitable for being used as a skydiving helmet.

http://www.thinkhelmets.com/bassaceprod.htm

I wasn't aware that bass fishing was a contact sport.. whats the helmet for anyway?

Fishing has been added to the X-Games, didn't you know? Those bass are extreme!

Personally, I want to know what modifications were done to the helmet that make it unsafe for skydiving?

I believe they took the velcro tightener out. That would make the helmet pop off in freefall. The helmet was marketed to keep you safe from other people in your boat from hooking you as they cast and to keep you from banging your head and keeping the spray of the water off your face as you race at 90 mph over the water passing who knows how many fish. :ph34r:
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

keeping the spray of the water off your face as you race at 90 mph over the water passing who knows how many fish

phree,

my dad is a competition bass fisherman (weekly comps at sciota res, alum creek resivoir and hoover res) and as it was explained to me going fast is to get to another place to fish ie a cove or sand bar or some such other ideal spot to find the bigger fish.... i always just liked to drive the boat doing 60 across the middle of the lake.. will have to ask him if he has ever seen anyone wearing a helmet before.... i think that him and his fishhing buddy just use sunglasses and the knowlage that there is somebody behind you to combat the hook danger and spray.....