CanuckInUSA

My up and coming 666 Devil jump

if you did a Mr Bill useing tandem gear is it still considered a tandem (lets assume you don't with a passenger) you get your 1000 he gets a Mr Bill for 666 jokes about a deal with the devil aside wadda ya think?

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

Hey Steve!!! Congratulations! Weren't you just doing your 500th under a yellow reserve a few months ago?! :P Thats awesome...
About the 666 jump... just get some cute skychick to dress in red and do a reverse rodeo. Preferably dressed in a red bikini or something, maybe with little devil horns or something... at least make it not PG rated. And get good video! You should be able to get extra altitude with that. Some guy a while back at my DZ jumped with the a plastic devil pitchfork too...
Well, have fun and let us know what you do.

Weren't you just doing your 500th under a yellow reserve a few months ago?!

Well it was jump #498 under that yellow reserve. But you have a good memory. ;) You know it's all Skydive Arizona's fault. I mean I did a shit load of jumps during the Holiday Boogie (75 if I'm not mistaken) and then 29 more jumps last weekend while I was in Eloy again. Without these Eloy jumps, I wouldn't even be close to my Devil jump.

Thanks for the ideas ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Well things were kind of delayed one week, but I made my 666th jump this morning and celebrated the event in true (Devilish) fashion. You see I had to mark the occasion by doing something different. So this morning I woke up at 4:30 am to be out at the DZ by 6:00 am and I made a wingsuit jump out of a hot air balloon. It was my first ever balloon exit and my 22nd wingsuit jump. So there was some Devilish and mischevious behavior. Anyway, I exited the balloon at 5400 feet AGL and deployed my PC at 2500 feet (it was my Devil jump, so I had to go a little lower than normal) and experienced a 35 second delay and was able to track across a neighbourhood and came within one field of making it back to the DZ's main landing area. It was a fun jump and I look forward to doing another similar jump sometime in the not too distant future. Plus a friend videod the whole event from the balloon, so if possible I will be looking to post it tomorrow. :)

So has anyone else done something just a little beyond the ordinary for their 666th jump?

It's funny that you had 666 this weekend. I was out at Brush on Sunday, and Roger (a jumper whose last name I don't know) got us all together for his 666th jump, which we made, with a plan to make 6 points on a 6-way on his 666th jump. He said if we got it, he would buy all the slots.

Well, it was fun, but one person went low on the first point, so he smilingly said it saved him $140! We had fun though.

DJan

Steve,
I'm so impressed! You've done freefly, CReW, Belly, and Birdman in such a short time..and now you've done Birdman from a Balloon! ..and next you're really going to the "darkside" on Memorial Day at the bridge!:SB| Congrats my friend. <>;)

That was one heck of a fun jump Kalyne. It had it's dangers, but I was on the ball enough not to put myself into a bad spot. It's not a BASE jump, but it has it's similarities. One thing is for sure. I love the video Stacey captured. But it's not the same memories I had of actually flying the suit, pulling when I pulled and safely landing where I landed, one field south of the monster field we call our landing area. But I knew better not to attempt to cross the fence low under canopy with the nasty ditch filled with jumper eating rocks. So I decided to walk a little further and land on a nice pitch.

I can't wait to do it again. :)

Balloon jumps are fun, but they do require good landing judgement and canopy control skills as you are landing off in unfamiliar terrain on every jump. And this is only magnified with these wingsuit balloon jumps as you don't always know where you'll go when you step off. So always stay ahead of the your situation in the air, make good judgements as to where to setup for your landings, always have an out and land safely.

so I suppose you might be on the Balloon jump at the end of the month too, eh Birdie?

I would if I could. But unless I'm mistaken, I'll be in Idaho on that weekend. Sure would be fun to make another wingsuit balloon jump though. ;)