bmoore21184

Can't hear my audible

I have a velocity open faced helmet. I have jumped it about 5 times now with my new pro-track. I have to really listen in order to hear it. If I am not listening for it cause I know it is about to go off then I dont hear it. I really thought I would be able to hear it better. I jumped my friends z-1 over the weekend with my protrack and I heard it really clear. It makes sense that I can hear it better in the z-1 but I thought I would be able to hear it better in my helmet. Anyone know of anything that I can do in order to hear my audible better?? Thanks

Brian

I turn mine onto HI.. its a setting.. look in the book.. and I also turn it around so that the LCD display is facing away from my ear and put it in the little pouch on the inside of the helmet... in other words.. the back of the Protrack is against my ear.

If you have it in an external you may need to drill a hole in the helmet so the sound will penetrate better into the helmet.

maybe you are def in that ear and don't know it ;)

You joke - that exact thing has happened to me. turns out I have no high frequency range hearing in my right ear...:|

Happily the slot in my Oxygn is on the left...B|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

has the protrack been yours the whole time? it may have gotten the bad side of a pond swoop. LOL
if water got into the speaker part you may never get it to work properly.
i find the neptune to be VERY loud compared to my Protrack. it may be time for a new or different type of audible
My photos

My Videos

Is the audible mounted on the inside or outside of the helmet?

I have 2 audibles, one in, one out. The outside one - I had to drill a hole in my helmet for that one. Then, I took a pen cap, cut the end off (at an angle) to make a tube, and taped that at the hole. The other end sits sideways (with the angle sitting flush) against the padding right next to my ear. Without that, I doubt I'd hear the outside one.

All of this talk about not hearing your audibles seems very strange to me becuase I can hear mine loud and clear. I used an NVertigo helmet and a Pro-Dytter (external mount).

I would compare your Pro-Track to someone else's on the ground to see if your's is ok. I have also heard that some people simply don't hear the audible because they are concentrating on freefall activities so hard.

edit - I cat'n spel:S
Flying Hellfish #470

I have a Neptune and a Pro-track that I use at the same time. The Neptune is much louder than the Pro-Track. I don't know if that's unique to mine or standard across the board, but the Neptune is very noticeably louder.

Both are great and have pros/cons, I wouldn't give up my Pro-Track because of some of the features I like, but I really like the Neptune too.

Pro-tracks sell for about $220 used on eBay. You could almost buy a Neptune new for that. Just a thought, like I said I love the Pro-Track too and I wouldn't want to have to choose between the two.

I also have a Velocity that I use it in and had to cut the padding a little. Just making sure the back is facing your ear helps a lot, but ensuring there is no padding directly over the speaker specifically makes a ton of difference.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Thanks for all the advice everybody. I moved the pad up a little on the inside of the helmet so i can see the speaker through the hole in the padding. I wasnt able to see it before when i was using it so maybe this will solve the problem. I will find out this weekend. Thanks again.

Brian

I had the same problem on my Nvertigo since the Protrack is outside the helmet. I found placing gaffers tape around it prevented any extra air (white noise) from sneaking into the hole in the helmet. Works like a charm now.