CISSCO101

packing sabre2

I psycho packed a Sabre2 a couple times, it didn't do anything for me but make my packjob take longer.

The best openings I've ever had on a Sabre2 were from a standard propack, leaving the nose hang and rolling the tail. Basically, doing exactly nothing special to it. This has been on the following Sabre2 sizes: 210, 190, 170, 150.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you follow the psycho pack instructions, the nose is left alone. My Saber2 psycho packs fine.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

The best opening's I'v ever had with my saber2 135 is a pure trash pack. As long that my lines were strait i'll just shove it in.

lol - same experience here. My canopy is very new and some of the best openings I've had so far have been after wrestling with the damm thing and stuffing it into the bag. Not on heading, but buttery soft. (mine's a 190, loaded at ~1.15:1)

My Stiletto likes it when I sort of sort the lines out, don't fuss too much, make sure the slider is all the way across the nose and tail, not bunched or anything, and stuff it carefully in the bag. It likes good strong stows for on heading openings. Making it all neat and clean doesn't do anything for me. I also leave about 1.5 - 2 feet of free line before putting the bag in the container. Just S-fold it in the bag. Makes good on heading openings, got this one from Brian Germain during his course. Just my experience.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I do a trash psycho pack on my Stiletto. I flake out the cells, grab em' in one hand and give it a good shake to throw the lines in order. Then I quarter the slider, pull the tail up, then throw it on the ground & roll it up.

As long as I make sure the slider is against the stops and keep the lines in the center it always opens on-heading for me.

As for stows, I use tube stows and leave about 18-20 inches between the last stow & riser. Strong stows (except for the locking stows) aren't anywhere near as important as making sure your stows are symmetrical.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Strong stows (except for the locking stows) aren't anywhere near as important as making sure your stows are symmetrical.

It's also important that you don't use stows with different degrees of wear. On my Stiletto I had off heading openings a lot after I replaced one worn locking tube stow but not the other. Last weekend I replaced the other locking tube stow so that both are in the same condition, and it opens on heading now.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.