skycop806

Public Safety people UNITE!

:)Ok, so, if you haven't figured out by my title..I'm a police officer.

Someone told me that there was once a club like PMS, Rodriquez Bros, etc. that was for cops, firefighters, etc.

I mean, it's nice to be able to hang with your fellow hose draggers and donut eaters, right?:$

So, does such a club exist? :|

I'd also be curious to know how many of my brothers and sisters are out there skydiving...hell, I'd consider starting up a club, like Pigs Can Fly or something....

I'd also be curious to know how many of my brothers and sisters are out there skydiving...hell, I'd consider starting up a club, like Pigs Can Fly or something....

Sorry I don't know of any clubs out there, but I'm an EMT in the EMS field over here in beautiful Montana!

You'll never find me Jew gold!

I don't get it.

Skydiving is a great place to just fit in, without being a narc. I found it to be a wonderful oasis of just people who enjoy an eclectic hobby.

All the adrenaline of a search warrant service without the whole getting shot at thing.

If I'm around when you do any records, I'm there for you, but in the meantime, just be who you are. The people at the DZ are great to know, and having them be surprised to find out you are the five-oh is nice, don't you think?

One of the TM's at my DZ is a sniper for a suburban police department.

We also have TXBlackbear... Sherriff dept, and a packer who works admin at a firestation... (she's en route to becoming a full fledged fire fighter). I can think of 4 former or current emt's... along with the sniper guy that's 7 (that I know of) just at SDD.

You could get quite a group if you work it right...

Put an ad in the back of Parachutist, getcha a website and a few starter boxes of T-shirts made and there you have it.

Consider organizing an event of some kind on Safety Day. Possibly a memorial big-way or other event to commemorate those who have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.

Could be a lot of fun. Go for it.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

:)Ok, so, if you haven't figured out by my title..I'm a police officer.

Someone told me that there was once a club like PMS, Rodriquez Bros, etc. that was for cops, firefighters, etc.

I mean, it's nice to be able to hang with your fellow hose draggers and donut eaters, right?:$

So, does such a club exist? :|

I was on the Cambridge City Police Force in the UK from 1966 - 77. Does that count?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't get it.

Skydiving is a great place to just fit in, without being a narc. I found it to be a wonderful oasis of just people who enjoy an eclectic hobby.

All the adrenaline of a search warrant service without the whole getting shot at thing.

If I'm around when you do any records, I'm there for you, but in the meantime, just be who you are. The people at the DZ are great to know, and having them be surprised to find out you are the five-oh is nice, don't you think?

JP,
"Retired" has a special ring to it.B|
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

WHAT STICK YOU SHOOT??

Got multiple sticks but the newest additional is a custom Rem 700 by GA Precision. McMillan A5 stock in urban camo, Rock 22" barrel, H-S Precision detachable box mag system, Badger hardware, wearing US Optics 3 - 17X glass.

Its kinda sweet!

JC

Still do a 'bears in the Air' at Rantoul at the World Free Fall Convention every year. If you want contact info, lemmeno. I can give you the name of the cop who has been organizing it. It has been to help the Rantoul Kids Foundation raise funds for after school and summer programming for deprived kids. Also helped raised awareness like "D.A.R.E"
I know that there was a group called "when pigs fly" as recently as last year, too. Don't know where they are based.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]