airsykchick

spinning

[:/] all through my level 5-8, I noticed that I'm a spinner (to the right). Today while doing my first solo, while in a moderate spin, I did some toe touches to see if it was my legs. My TT's were great.... Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on how to stop spinning???
"From the air things look so rediculous; our fears so small, our fights so vain...
I wanna pilot a plane with you, so all our problems look small too."

;)

Good idea; thanks! I think before I embarrass myself in front of a coach though, I'm going to make more solo's to see if I can figure it out on my own... I can't seem to "steer" out of them either with my arms...

On second thought; maybe I will take a coach with me tomorrow!!!!!!!!
"From the air things look so rediculous; our fears so small, our fights so vain...

I had a similar issue for the longest time. I wasn't really spinning though, I was turning and very slowly.

It took me forever to get over it.

My advice: If you can't diagnose the problem yourself or don't recover from the spin in a few jumps. (for me, my feet were consistently unsymetrical) Get a coach and get one fast. Don't waste time. have them look at your body position on the ground. make it a muscle memory to have your body where it needs to be. It took me forever to get over it- I wasted too much time. [:/]

:S

Yeah, it's kinda nauseating trying to keep a heading!!!!!!!!!!!! My answer to getting out of spins has been to start forward movement and tracking, and then following that up with some barrel roll or back flips, but that's not really correcting the problem - I'd like to fix it sooner than later so I can start docking on 2 ways SAFELY!! I'll definately take all your advice and maybe get a coached jumped video'd!

Peace.

It is possible to do your toe touchs and then go back to what is creating the turn. For example;

1. If you drop a knee just slightly; you will turn.
2. If you turn a foot out
3. If you have one arm slightly lower than the other
4. if you drop a shoulder.

My suggestion would be for you to pay for the slot of an up n coming videographer to film you on a solo. Nine times out of ten, that video will show you what you're doing wrong.

Having said that, please don't get too frustrated. Everyone has some kind of issue while a student. I have long legs so turns were a problem for me also. Most of the time it was because I had floppy legs and one would wind up me arse a little.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

How did you even graduate to doing solo's if you cant control your heading? :|

Getting Instruction from your Instructors at your DROP ZONE and NOT on this forum is what I recommend.

Too many people, with too little experience, giving too much information.....[:/]

-
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

;)

Good idea; thanks! I think before I embarrass myself in front of a coach though, I'm going to make more solo's to see if I can figure it out on my own.......
On second thought; maybe I will take a coach with me tomorrow!!!!!!!!

much better second thought... coaches are not there for you to impress they are there to help you learn one coach jump with a good debreif will do MUCH more to help you than 10 solos....

kim.. come see me when i have a sport main again and joe's not slave-driving me..... if you haven't got your D license by then, i'll certainly do some video for you..... see how my neck feels tomorrow :)

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

>:(
Dude, did I say I was out of control? NO!

I said I have a tendency to spin. I always get it together, somehow. But the fact is - is that I have a tendency to spin, and Iam always compensating. I don't wanna spend my whole freefall compensating - I wanna have fun and be safe -

If I thought I was out of control - I wouldn't be up there risking lives; most importantly, nor would my instructors have graduated me........

So, if you think are God, and above giving advice "on this forum" then go walk on water -

Take the video. You will learn a lot about your bodypostion.

No need to feel embarissed about yourself. Everyone has had some (minor) problems during their student status

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

Dude, did I say I was out of control? NO!

First off, I'd say this comment by YOU would be concidered "out of control".

Yeah, it's kinda nauseating trying to keep a heading!!!!!!!!!!!! My answer to getting out of spins has been to start forward movement and tracking

I wanna have fun and be safe -

We all do, and it takes a few jumps and time.
You probably just need to relax is all.

If I thought I was out of control - I wouldn't be up there risking lives; most importantly, nor would my instructors have graduated me........

I would hope not....

So, if you think are God, and above giving advice "on this forum" then go walk on water -

Not God, but just a very experienced Instructor that has trained a few thousand students.
I have seen some responses from some NON Instructor people on here that have no business telling you what you need to try to get over your spinning.
My comment was to get you to get 1 on 1 Instruction at the DZ that will help you a thousand times more then trying to get advice from people on here, then going out to the DZ and doing solo's and possibly progressing your spin to a worst level, while trying not to embarrass yourself in front of a coach.
As I said, you probably just need to relax and your spin may just go away......

Jump, relax, get video and don't worry about embarrassing yourself in front of a coach! :ph34r:

-
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

;)

Thanks! Yeah, I'm definatley going to get video'd. I'm hoping to do it this afternoon.

God, speaking electronically is so difficult sometimes - the reader can't "hear" the overtone...

Anyway, thank you to all for your advice. I hope that relaxing is all it takes; and after thinking about it, that's probably what is happening; I'm worried about it, so I do it!

Peace!

9 times out of 10 it is just relaxing. If you get video, try and make sure the video is attached to a friendly jumpmaster (not a 'coach', a jumpmaster). I've seen people with chronic slow spins and chronic fast spins. Either is nothing to sneeze at. And you won't really have as much fun until this is off of your mind and out of your dives.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

:D

You rock, BIGUN. Thanks for the cool advice... I hope all this helps! But frustrated?? NEVER!! How could I get frustrated at something that is so awesome? I've got the passion and desire to wanna learn and do this right - and to be the best......

Talk to you later-