GeordieSkydiver

Where to skydive over Christmas?

I'm thinking of taking a skydive holiday over Christmas this year.

I cant decide where to go.

I think I've narrowed it down to FL, CA or Spain. I'm based in the UK.

I need good weather and cheap accomodation.

Any ideas?

Lee
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Zhills has a rocking Christmas boogie.

You can contact Pip Redvers about renting a trailer from him fairly cheap.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yeah, listen to that Biker Babe chick, she's a genius.

Come out to Arizona. I know there will be quite a collection of Brits there, and I can vouch for the quality of the New Year's Eve party. Contact Betsy Barnhouse and see if there is any room left in the team trailers.

Click on my signature line and download the video preview from last year's boogaloo.

The Dropzone.com boogies are great places to network with other skydivers and you end up with friends and places to stay all over the world.

I'm doing the boogie video this year too, and we'll be doing a "dailies" reel every evening in the Bent Prop (the bar)

Hey thanks guys, you've given me a lot to think about so far.

Gran Canaria seems like my easiest option so far...

Eloy does look sweet, that video was awesome!

Thanks again.

Lee
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

eloy. duh.

eloy. eloy. eloy.

Eloy looks like a very good place to be for the holidays. I've never been there before (yet :P !)

Urban legend or not? I've been told by a jumper who went there that the Arizona climate is much tougher on the equipment, because of the sand etc. He told me that a 500 jump canopy that's been jumped in Arizona, would look like 1500 jump canopy elsewhere. Is it true?

;)

Yves.

Urban legend or not? I've been told by a jumper who went there that the Arizona climate is much tougher on the equipment, because of the sand etc. He told me that a 500 jump canopy that's been jumped in Arizona, would look like 1500 jump canopy elsewhere. Is it true?

Somewhat true. Please see my sig line!
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

All the other places suggested so far sound pretty cool and I hope to get to many of them soon. As a UK jumper, you might be interested to know in the Skydive Algarve boogie organised by Target Skysports (Hibbaldstow). They take their two dornier G92 to an airport in Alvore,portugal and set up shop for a few weeks over Christmas and new year.

Very cheap flights UK to Faro (£150 or so return easyjet, or if you go via kent with www.eujet.com you may get flights for about £30 return (I just did). There's also cheap car hire and cheap apartments (off-season holiday apartments think it's something like 20 Euro a night for four person apmnt). Also lots of people from around the world including a strong contingent of UK jumpers, instructors, WARP coaches etc. Jump prices are more expensive than the US, think they might be about 18-20 Euro to altitude...

I've never been but I'm going this year as are a number of regulars from Strathallan, apparently its an absolute blast... Beach jumps and all sorts.

More details on the Hib website at http://www.targetsky.demon.co.uk/Algarve.htm

BTW I'm not involved with it, I just know a lot of folk that have been regularly in the past...

Blue Ones,
Sweep
----
Yay! I'm now a 200 jump wonder.... Still a know-it-all tho..

(really glad you liked the video! Come be in the next one!)

Note to self.. Jump with JP more..

My god! Have you seen that video preview! It's GREAT! Just FABULOUS! OMG! Eloy is such fun!

Check your current avatar, chiquitacoolio, you have jumped with me and I can prove it.

Jump with me more at ELoy!

Hee, hee.......I had just met JP for the first time at the Holiday Boogie in Eloy, and he was dying to do video of my jumps;) Heck, I even made the video.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey