PsychoBob

Jumpvideo.com is a scam

This is a warning to anyone ordering merchandise through Jumpvideo.com. The website is a link through Emerald Coast Skydiving and is maintained by Lewis Philips in Mobile, AL. I ordered a jumpsuit in August and my credit card was billed but I have not received my merchandise. I have been told that this is happening to other people that have placed orders. I have tried numerous times to contact Mr. Philips and have my credit card credited. He will not return phone calls and I have had to place the charges in dispute. I have filed a complaint with the Alabama Attorney General's Office and am pursuing criminal credit card fraud charges with the Escambia County Sheriff's office against Lewis Philips as well as interstate fraud charges with the Secret Service.
It is my understanding that Lewis Philips, operator of jumpvideo.com, is an attorney in Mobile, AL. and I will be forwarding all of these charges to the Alabama Bar Association. If you have ordered anything through jumpvideo.com and not received it please contact the Alabama Attorney General's Office in Montgomery or file a complaint on-line at their website www.AGO.state.al.us. as well as contacting your local authorities.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Were you quoted a delivery time? Was it a custom suit? Did the hurricane affect them?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Mobile wasn't really hit that hard by Ivan, most of the widespread damage occurred east of Mobile Bay.

Also contact the Better Business Bureau if you are not getting any reply or restitution from this jumpvideo.com guy...

A friend of mine years back had a problem with a jumpsuit maker in Tennessee. After a few months of waiting and trying to contact the guy to get his jumpsuit back from repairs, he finally contacted the state agency (whichever it was) that oversees business and commerce. They got the jumpsuit maker to listen and send the jumpsuit back... He went out of business soon after, and the word was it was due to burnout. Oh well, but that doesn't mean you can ignore your commitments...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I paid extra for a 15 day delivery. After 25 days I was told "any day now" and no later than the first week of September. Then he said that hurricane Charlie destroyed the facility. The DZ called the factory (Wind-line) and they said they were up and running with no problems. The DZ operator at Emerald Coast Skydivers said that jumpvideo.com was maintained by Lewis Philips and was the mail order side of their website. However, Lewis has taken control of the web page and they cannot access it to remove him. They (the DZ) are receiving complaints from other customers (for merchandise other that jumpsuits) and Lewis will not return calls from the DZO. I have disputed the charges through MasterCard and hope they will credit my account. I am just pissed that a fellow jumper with a Class C license would try and screw me out of my money.
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

as you are from emerald cosat dz, why does your dz have this as a link?

Based on what PsychoBob said, it appears that Lewis set up his website as a mail-order side of Emerald Coast's website, and then somewhere along the way, he somehow locked the DZ staff out of their own website and took over for himself... not sure if that is exactly what's going on... but needless to say, it seems like Lewis has found a way to rip people off just by copying the tactics of ASC's schemes... Probably not, but looks similar...

Since the jumpsuit was to be made by WindLine, has it been verified that Windline has in fact received the order from Lewis Philips and is making it? I don't think I saw anything confirming that in the posts above, just that Lewis seems to have lied about the factory being destroyed...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

All

I have had similar problems with JumpVideo filling my order (mine was for a helmet bag). The original order was placed in September (my card was charged the same day). Several days later I rec'd an email that the hurricaine had knocked out the power at Emerald Coast however at the time of the email they were up and running and would soon get my order out. Since then multiple phone calls and an email to JumpVideo have gone unanswered.:|

Thus far I had attributed the delay and lack of response to a guy who was overwhelmed with trying to get operational after the storm.

My question, has anyone had any luck either recently or in the past with JumpVideo?
"I do nothing that a man with unlimited funds, superb physical endurance, and maximum scientific knowledge could not do" -Batman

You have got balls sitting in this forum saying that this company is a scam!
If you really are going to court have you ever thought that if they give you your jumpsuit that they can then turn around and sue your ass for slandering?
You better hope you do not get your jumpsuit or they will have a law suit against you. I am sure that if you are taking this to court that your lawyer would have a fit if he knew you were saying things like this on a skydiving web site.
I did not think you talk about cases in public until after the trial?
It is not good to slander people ona public website where they would have interest while you are making a law suit.

I hope it works out for you but in future do not slander skydiving companies on a skydiving website until you have taken them to court.
Just my opinion, but if they have good reason to have not filled your order yet they could turn around and sue you very easy for this bold statement that they are a scam.

Has anyone had good dealings with this company?
does anyone work for this company?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer to see if your order is even in the system?

I have tried to find their phone number with on-line searchs etc. but I cannot find it. They are somewhere in Florida (Zepherhills I believe). If anyone has a contact please let me know.

It is not good to slander people ona public website where they would have interest while you are making a law suit.

I am not making a law suit only trying to recover my money and to prevent it from happening to someone else. If this operation was legitimate they would have informed me of the delay and would not forced me to dispute the charges to my card. My bank advised me that they must be notified in writing within 120 days of the charge to a Mastercard in order for MasterCard to place the charge in dispute. Had I continued to wait I would have lost my right to dispute. All I want is to have my money returned.

I have tried to find their phone number with on-line searchs etc. but I cannot find it. They are somewhere in Florida (Zepherhills I believe). If anyone has a contact please let me know.

Windline Jumpsuits is a reputable company that has been in the hangar at Lake Wales for years. Billy, who is a great guy, is in charge. The hangar, of course, was destroyed along with the Windline Facility. I cannot tell you what they are presently doing, but you could go to the Lake Wales web page and leave an email. www.floridaskydiving.com They will be able to tell you how to contact Windline.

The suit manufacturing is in the same area as their gear store (Downwind, I think is the name.) It is also run by Billy.

Ed

Edited to add email address [email protected]

Windline Jumpsuits is a reputable company that has been in the hangar at Lake Wales for years. Billy, who is a great guy, is in charge. The hangar, of course, was destroyed along with the Windline Facility. I cannot tell you what they are presently doing, but you could go to the Lake Wales web page and leave an email. http://www.floridaskydiving.com They will be able to tell you how to contact Windline.

The suit manufacturing is in the same area as their gear store (Downwind, I think is the name.) It is also run by Billy.

Ed

Thanks for the info Ed,
I'll drop them a line right now.

Maybe you can get a number from them. here is the number i found. 251.391.2815

Hello Bigway,
That's the number I have been calling and leaving messages but get no return.
Thanks for the info though.

Same thing happened to me with xtremerags.com. Last summer I ordered a t-shirt, and they charged my card (they did it pretty fucking quickly, too!) but after that I waited a few weeks, emailed them but only got a response once - from their "customer service":S. after that - not a word. noone answered my phone calls or emails anymore.
i didn't go nearly as far as you did in pursuing my money, though - $20 after all didn't seem worth the hassle.
(which i guess is exactly the kind of reaction these people expect...)

WindLine, Inc. phone # is 1-863-679-9009. They are back up and running. I am a Windline dealer and had some suits on order when Charley hit Lake Wales and there was a delay: however, they took care of business as usual.

Hello Chris,
Thanks for the number. I called Wind Line and they said my suit has been ready for a while but Jumpvideo.com would not pay them so they could not ship the suit. He said they had also tried to call him several times to get payment for it but got no reply.

The gentleman at Wind Line was very helpful and I explained the situation. He took my credit card info and said he would send the suit directly to me. I hope this fiasco is over. I get my suit, Wind Line gets paid and the charges to my card are corrected.
I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Thanks for everyone that provided me info and suggestions.

I called Wind Line and they said my suit has been ready for a while but Jumpvideo.com would not pay them so they could not ship the suit. He said they had also tried to call him several times to get payment for it but got no reply.

The gentleman at Wind Line was very helpful and I explained the situation. He took my credit card info and said he would send the suit directly to me. I hope this fiasco is over. I get my suit, Wind Line gets paid and the charges to my card are corrected.
I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Thanks for everyone that provided me info and suggestions.

Great job! Glad that worked out. Now, what are we going to do about this scumbag Lewis? Any progress on the complaints you filed against him?

Blue Skies
Billy

Any progress on the complaints you filed against him?

I talked with the DZ today and they still can't get in touch with him. The AL Attorney General's office called me today and said they were trying to contact him. I just hope MasterCard will issue me a credit and I can be done with it. Rather be jumping out of planes or doing other fun stuff besides this crap. Take care

JumpVideo is not a scam. April 21st 2001 I broke my back in a skydiving accident. Follwoing that accident I started jumpvideo because I did not want to get out of the sport.

In September 2004 this area was hit by hurricane Ivan. This took me offline for nearly 1 month and has left me with many computer problems and other problems as well. Orders have been placed on the site and have not been shipped. Others have been shipped and many people have received refunds.

Anyone who placed an order will receive a refund or the item they ordered. Their choice.

PsychoBob received his jumpsuit fromthe manufacturer and will receive a refund from me.

I am slowly beginning to get emails from people although apparently not every email is getting through.

If you ordered and need a refund please email me at [email protected]. It appears this email account is working.