bkoch

How many jumps do you make a year?

Just curious about this. When I started jumping I made only 28 jumps in my first year, but since I retrained in July I am averaging about 10 jumps a month, which would be 120 jumps a year. It would be more if I wasn't a full time student, with a girlfriend, and a daughter.
Ahhh life...
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure? Is there a better way to die?"
- Charles Lindberg August 26th, 1938

In my one season of jumping, I did 80 which included AFP. I had to stop or I'd be in the poorhouse. Grad school + skydiving = debt.

I'm planning on 120+ next season, and more and more as I go on. I'll hopefully have a job that pays well enough to support my addiction.:|
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Here you go.

Weekends only.

1992 - 505
2004 - 428
2002 - 384
2003 - 331
1995 - 321
1994 - 285
1996 - 254
1988 - 233
1989 - 225
1993 - 224
2000 - 188
1991 - 179
2001 - 167
1997 - 162
1999 - 152
1990 - 146
1998 - 118
1986 - 113
1985 - 26
2005 - 24
1987 - 20

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Hmmm, i managed 100 in my first year and then 166 last year (only because i had to take 5 months off after number 266 [:/])

But i'll be back at the end of February and i'm hoping to make at least 200 this year.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

i am garanteed 1000 work(tandem camera:P) jumps a year i have done 184 work and 17 fun jumps in january and try to do as many fun jumps as i can afford! going to russia for 100 back to back fun jumps with my girlfriend(who has the same job as me) out of mi8 can't wait for that!

i love my job!:)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I have done around 300 a year for the past 11 years.

I have since "quit" and only do maybe 200 a year at 4way camps and a few Tandems.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I did 300 in my first full year as a non-student. I am looking at doing about the same for this coming year as well. I kinda want to do more than that but I don't think I am going to be able to manage it money wise.

If I do any more than 300 it will be due to me finding a way to get someone else to pay for me to jump.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If I do any more than 300 it will be due to me finding a way to get someone else to pay for me to jump.

Get a coach rating. Then a Tandem rating.

When I had 100 jumps I got my SL JM rating. I would work one day a weekend, and jump the other. The SL students paid for my fun jumps. I also helped pack for the students and taught the FJC.

I would SL 3 students out and get a hop n pop and 15 bucks. Jumps cost 11 bucks out of the Cessna, and 15 out of the QA. So for every load I JM'ed I got that jump and another jump. For every student rig I packed I got 5 bucks....

This was years ago at a small DZ, but I made plenty of fun jumps by not spending a dime.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Get a coach rating. Then a Tandem rating.

When I had 100 jumps I got my SL JM rating. I would work one day a weekend, and jump the other. The SL students paid for my fun jumps. I also helped pack for the students and taught the FJC.

I would SL 3 students out and get a hop n pop and 15 bucks. Jumps cost 11 bucks out of the Cessna, and 15 out of the QA. So for every load I JM'ed I got that jump and another jump. For every student rig I packed I got 5 bucks....

This was years ago at a small DZ, but I made plenty of fun jumps by not spending a dime.

I am only 2 evaluation jumps away from a coaches rating :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka