BlueSBDeath

Wind Sock

I'm actually from Wyoming. This is unfortunately accurate. The mayor of Chicago, 'the windy city' visited a few years back and remarked that he had never seen such high winds. As I type I think its about 45mph.

Speaking of Wyoming, anyone else on here from the Cowboy State?
The flying hamster of doom rains coconuts upon your pitiful city.

Yeah, but only after 2:30PM when pretty much "automatically" they roll the Otter back into the hangar. Unfortunately, I found that out 1st hand this past Sunday with a c-206 Jump around 3:00. ;)

They really mean it apparently when they say they start their day, AND get a "FULL DAY IN" at 6:30AM. Next time, I will believe 'em.

Maybe a "clue" too, should be all the regulars sitting about popping the beer light on as you are marching to the plane with some "lowbie" who "just had to go", and needed SOMEBODY to help watch out for him and help to spot! :)

GREAT DZ though! ...Didn't mean to hijack the thread though. Just couldn't resist. Back to your regularly scheduled mayhem.

-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I have In-Laws that life "'bout an hour for>anywhere kown" they say It' only snows once a year there and blows around like hell for 6 months:D.

That wind sock probably started in Montana and blew down to Wyoming...;)

And I hate to continue the thread hijack, but I remember about 5 years ago when we were out at Cal City. It's about 1:30, and Van has just announced that we're shutting down because "the wave" is almost here. Two CC newbies are begging for another load, looking at the windsock hanging limp and wondering what the hell is going on. They beg Van to send up the 206, and he finally says "OK, I'll take you up, but I won't charge you for the lift." They're both thinking "Cool!", until one asks why it's free. Van just said "Cuz I'll feel really bad when you die." That made them pause long enough to reconsider, and about ten minutes later we had steady 35-40 knot winds, and they stayed that way (with occasional gusts over 60) until about 5:00 the next morning. ;)

The lesson: at Cal City, plan to start drinking early, but go to bed early to catch the sunrise load! It's worth it!
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash