johnny1488

Skydiving on the Today show, Monday May 2nd

Someone from the Today show is going to do a tandem here at the Ranch in NY on live TV tomorrow.

NBC is setting up all the live feed cameras now in preperation. Apparently they will be broadcasting live tomorrow morning from 13.5.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

I'm watching the third hour of Today right now. They said a family was watching the broadcast on tv, saw that Ann was going to land out, opened their door and she was landing in their yard! :ph34r: They gave her a ride back to the dz.

Now the tease for the next hour was that they were going to give safety pointers if you also want to go skydive. I can't wait to hear what these are!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

dammit! Why won't this work for me? Anyone else having problems with the link?

worked for me... only thing is, I'm in the computer lab and I don't have headphones, so had to watch it w/o sound. But I could tell everyone was pretty excited (which they should be;)).

how embarrassing to land out with a tandem on national TV....it's bad enough without having media around. And what's the deal the camera guy dumping so quickly after the tandem...think it was the last one shown.....too close to comfort for me.
my pics & stuff!

how embarrassing to land out with a tandem on national TV......

Yeah a little......but have you ever arranged a LIVE shot for a TV show? It's awful hard to circle at a 60 angle to make sure the action starts when the producers want things to happen. I think they did a great job with all the parameters they had to deal with. And covered the off-field landing well.

*** And what's the deal the camera guy dumping so quickly after the tandem...think it was the last one shown.....too close to comfort for me.

Because they were getting in air shots of the tandems.(at least that's what it looked like)

how embarrassing to land out with a tandem on national TV....it's bad enough without having media around. And what's the deal the camera guy dumping so quickly after the tandem...think it was the last one shown.....too close to comfort for me.

I agree ... but I assume there were circumstances.:S

Ann Curry's "out" landing got more coverage on the Today Show this morning...actually pretty good coverage. Sometimes everything just "works out".

Ya it looks like the people who "rescued" her out of their front yard are going to get a dream come true also...

The landing out, yeah that sucks, but I would just sum it up as stuff sometimes happens.
I agree with the openings being too close for comfort, I wouldn't put my passenger in that kind of dangerous position.
Wipe the brow and whew! An (almost disaster) caught on live TV!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

For the record, the camera opening just before the Tandem was planned and rehearsed before the Live Shot. It was done for a reason and the individuals involved have over 12,000 jumps between them. And also remember, the angle viewed on TV made it look closer then it was - safety was also 1st considerstion.
Mike Lanfor
D13540
AFF-I/T-I, S/L-I/IAD-IE, CCD (not current), PRO, Video, MFF #9229, Army S/L JM (Master Parachutist), Private Pilot ASEL and sUAS