justchrisdsp

college jumpers

I'm a grad student now, but was an active jumper as an undergrad. College jumpers are the future of the sport. Many national champions made their competition debut at Collegiate Nationals, which is worth every penny to get there. People hail from schools with tons of jumpers and "legacy" clubs and others are the sole reps from their tiny (or large) schools. Trained teams (go Inviscid!) and pickup teams both have a blast. Even after jumping around the world and, last year, on a more serious team, my best skydiving memories and some of my best friends to this day, came from Collegiate Nats. If your on the fence about making the late Dec. trip down to Florida, just think of what Starsky would tell you....

Anybody in Beantown looking for some company in the air, let me know. I'll be doing 4-way again (probably out of Pepperell), but would be happy to jump with anybody on or off student status when I'm not training. A new DZ might be opening with incredible views out in our neck of the woods, by the way. I'd say more but I don't want to jinx it.

Conservative in the air? Not from what I've seen (especially out of the old school Aggies)

Ben
(honorary AOT jumper '98-'00)
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

are there places to stay down there, or will i need to bring the old tent and sleeping bags? cause i am definately going to be there

http://www.studentorg.umd.edu/cpsc/Pictures/tent_city_03.jpg

More pics from Williston:

And a few random ones from 2004 are attached. That king air was amazing. Chrissy, is it still there?

Dave

Sorry about the old website for the Falling Gators (skydiveuf.com). We are trying to get it updated ASAP but our webmaster has been busy (and I haven't figured it out yet). In case you have not heard, the 7th annual Collegiate Boogie is on for MLK weekend (Jan. 14th-17th) at Skydive Williston (www.skydivewilliston2.com). Although we are not having a CASA or otter, we will have a biplane (and possibly a hot air balloon) along with a Grand Caravan. Camping is available onsite and they do have a couple hot showers/bathrooms. I don't know of any motels, but it's 20 mimutes outside of Gainesville and there are plenty there. We might even have a shuttle for a one-night roundtrip ride there Saturday night ;). But, the DZ will have the beer and food. If you are still picky, there is a grocery store, Subway and McDonalds within a mile or so. If you are definately coming and would like a long sleeve T-shirt, email me ([email protected]) your size so I have a rough estimate. Thanks, Jay Sheehan - Falling Gators President :)

I'm the treasurer of the University of Nottingham skydive club.(UK) The club is quite good, we got about £2500 so far and hope to get another £1000 or so for ticket subsidies, reserve repacks etc. We have 4 rigs, although 1 is a 190 CREW rig which is too big to do CREW with, and it not suppose to open that nicely from terminal, although I can't see how it can be any worse than our merit.... But I'm not going to complain, beggars can't be choosers.

It IS posted on the events section. No website specifically for the event. We are having a hard enough time updating our own. I am trying to reach all collegiate clubs and discussion groups, but many links are also outdated. Everyone has a work in progress I suppose.:S

Colorado State University has very few jumpers. I am one of four that I know of and I am the only one who gets out about every weekend. The dropzones here are kind of funny. They go from one extreme to another. Tight assed at one and bandit no rules at others. I'm always looking to take peeps on tandems, but as active skydivers, you know that people don't REALLY want to go usually when they say they do. Blue skies and Big Air Sportz...and CRW.

Cheers,
Travis

I am in my fourth year of an honours chemistry degree and this was my 3rd year skydiving. I am from winnipeg canada and like to get crazy in the sky (safety permitting) and love to party on the ground. I hope to see you in the sky some day; as I love jumping with new people. Talk to you later.

CHEERS

i was wondering if i could get some more info about this college boogie, also i was wondering if anyone on here dropped by collegiates this year and how did they go? plus if anyone is gonna be around the alabama area just reminding you to drop me a line so that i can tell you all about the wonderfull dropzone and fun atmosphere in cullman.
for those of you involved in university skydiving clubs, about how many people do you need to get started. i know of 5 jumpers so far at uab, 2 staff 3 students. just wondering what it would take to actually get a club up and going

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

I know of two professors at the University of Georgia who jump, me being one of them.

Go Skydawgs!