Amazon

How much freefall time do tandems REALLLLY get??.

Our website does not say on it anywhere that a tandem gets 70 seconds of freefall. Jeanne made that up. Nice one Jeanne, don't you just love tellling the truth?

Wrong.. everything in the original post was verbatim from the phone on Sunday.

That was given over the phone on Sunday...to a friend who was checking.

Even Rob stated that two tandems have broken legs and an AFF student( Kirks dad) broke his leg. Yet the website claims a perfect safety record. ( We will not even go into the amount of experienced jumper injuries.. but its public record of the amount of ambulance rides ) The web site does not claim to be fatality free but a PERFECT SAFETY RECORD.

I do not have any sort of vendetta against Snohomish. Most of the people there are kewl peeps. The DZO on the other hand.. has some serious issues with false advertising amoung others. I posted the original post with the information given on the phone... every bit of it true.. you can choose to make excuses for it if you like ( espeically since all of you who have piped up all work there except for Martini) You have a vested interest in hiding these little... uh.. how would you characterize them????

It surely is not the truth but it does go directly to ethics dont you think??

Oh and Jose... I guess you think letting a 52 year old guy who has been jumping a Spectre 210 with 150 jumps downsize to a 168 elliptical is a good thing.. oh yeah thats right.. he made an informed decision. I do love how everyone there though blamed it completely on him.. no disrespect indeed.

Oh and Jose... I guess you think letting a 52 year old guy who has been jumping a Spectre 210 with 150 jumps downsize to a 168 elliptical is a good thing.. oh yeah thats right.. he made an informed decision. I do love how everyone there though blamed it completely on him.. no disrespect indeed.

He did not purchase the canopy through the dropzone.

I feel that your attitude about Spencer has been very disrespectful. We (the Snohomish Community) do not mean any disrespect to Spencer but realize that he died because of a series of pilot errors. If we are to blame his death on anything else, then there would be no lessons to take from this unfortunate incident. In my opinion, that would be disrespectful.

However, this has little to do with the reasons why you posted.

The website explains the DZ policies clearly (which are the same ones I have heard being echoed over the phone for two years now) and I am sorry that your "friend" spoke with a manifestor who misunderstood these numbers and policies. However, with your history at the DZ I am very suprised that you would ever refer a friend to our DZ, wouldn't you want to take your friend somewhere that you could also go?

If you think the DZ charges too much for tandems, fine. If you think that they don't cater to fun jumpers as much as they should, fine. If you don't get along with the DZO, who cares?!

This DZ is not at all negligent regarding gear (all tandem and student rigs get 25 jump inspections), airplane maintenance, or student instruction. We also mentor to our fun jumpers as best we can, but when people get their license, it is time for them to be responsible and make their own safe choices with the guidance of the more experienced jumpers.

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

However, with your history at the DZ I am very suprised that you would ever refer a friend to our DZ, wouldn't you want to take your friend somewhere that you could also go?

Its called comparitive shopping.. I had them call all 4 DZ's for prices and to get an idea of what they were asking.
I then filled in the details for them., Airplanes.. views, what to expect etc. I am leaving it up to them on where they want to go.

We also mentor to our fun jumpers as best we can, but when people get their license, it is time for them to be responsible and make their own safe choices with the guidance of the more experienced jumpers.

150 jumps.... elliptical?????
Come on....perhaps too many of the experienced jumpers were too busy with all the tandems to notice.

I did my first tandem at Skydive Space Center in Titusville, my homw DZ. It was from 18,000 the highest in Florida. That was paying extra. The normal tandem and fun jumper altitude is 15,000. They pull at 4500 for tandems. And we have that wonderful King Air, damn I'm spoiled.
Ordinary's..... just not good enough today.

Our website does not say on it anywhere that a tandem gets 70 seconds of freefall. Jeanne made that up. Nice one Jeanne, don't you just love tellling the truth?

I'll walk the fence here. Jeanne needs to get over it. Life is too short for all the negativity, and a dz vendetta usually hurts the individual's reputation more than the DZ's. Just ask Terry Murray. I see nothing good coming of it for either party.

That said, when I was trying to pay my tab a couple weeks ago, the gals up front thought I was in a group of tandem students trying to waiver/pay. I got to hear the speech, and it was in fact "Normal freefall is from 9,000 feet (might have been 10,000, I'm not sure) and lasts 30 seconds, but for only $25 you can go to 12,000 feet and get a full minute of freefall time. Plus, since today we're flying the big plane, you'll get an extra 1,000 feet for free. That's 70 seconds of freefall and it only costs an extra $25. It's so worth it, I really, really recommend it." I replied, "umm, I'm just trying to pay for a couple jumps I made", while mentally comparing those numbers to my typical ProTrack readings on tandem jumps. :D

So.... I think it'd be better if Jeanne moved on to more positive pursuits and not waste her time with smear posts like this, but I also wouldn't go so far as to call this one an out & out lie.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

To the guy that said that only the pilot was required to be on O2 above 15k from the 2005 SIM section 2.5 (L) "Supplementary oxygen available on the aircraft is mandatory on skydives made from higher than 15,000 feet (MSL)."

Have Rig will travel ...

Ya know, I really dont mind how much you try to legitmize your rant. All you are doing is showing the whole skydiving community how much of a nasty, evil, angry person you are.

You talk of the Pilot canopy as a high performance elliptical. That is what you try to portray to the unknowing by not saying what the canopy name was. All you say is elliptical. If you think the Pilot is too aggressive then you better talk to all of the Sabre2 owners under 200 jumps as well. If you are really this misinformed, then you must be in a dark, cramped, damp space that smells like poo.

As for holding the people responsible for selling a canopy to a person that is not ready for it, perhaps we should seek out the inidividual that sold you your Samurai. After watching your inibilty to fly the pattern instructed to you by Luke Aikens himself and then hook it so low that you skipped across the swamp at his house, narrowly averting a sure femur, I really think we need to string that guy up for selling you a canopy way over your skill level.

Keep it up for all I care......its about time everyone in skyberspace that hasn't had the "pleasure" of meeting you in person, to know the real Amazon.

The gun collecting, concealed pistol carrying, ex-military, bodily harm threatening, horrible person you really are.

Keep on this track and you will have hoards of people hating you within a small tight-knit community.

"It's a good thing"

To the guy that said that only the pilot was required to be on O2 above 15k from the 2005 SIM section 2.5 (L) "Supplementary oxygen available on the aircraft is mandatory on skydives made from higher than 15,000 feet (MSL)."

But that wording doesn't actually mandate that passengers use the O2, just that it is available. BTW, 14k for the pilot.

If you had any ability to see the direction I went with that, you would have read that I was painting a picture. But since you need your hand held, and a deciphering ring I am not going to sit here and explain to you what everyone else has been able to grasp.

Intetesting how you leave out the part that ties it all in. Are you a relative of hers?

"bodily harm threatening"

This is not cool in itself but combine it with:

"gun collecting, concealed pistol carrying, ex-military"

..and you've got yourself a mean intimidator.

[There are "interigators" and the "aloof"... then there are the "intimidators" and the "poor me's"]

Well, I don't know the first thing about the real Amazon. But the picture was clear to me without having to pick it apart.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Wow.. that was a very interesting post.

You talk of the Pilot canopy as a high performance elliptical. That is what you try to portray to the unknowing by not saying what the canopy name was. All you say is elliptical. If you think the Pilot is too aggressive then you better talk to all of the Sabre2 owners under 200 jumps as well. If you are really this misinformed, then you must be in a dark, cramped, damp space that smells like poo.

It was a VISION 168.
Nice try http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1515607#1515607

As for holding the people responsible for selling a canopy to a person that is not ready for it, perhaps we should seek out the inidividual that sold you your Samurai. After watching your inibilty to fly the pattern instructed to you by Luke Aikens himself and then hook it so low that you skipped across the swamp at his house, narrowly averting a sure femur, I really think we need to string that guy up for selling you a canopy way over your skill level.

Please talk with Brian Germain.. he sold it to me
I t was a swoop camp.. we all have to start somewhere now dont we. I seem to remember flying that pattern but yeah I am old and decrepit and could not hold the dive. BUT I did bail from the dive and yes I landed in the swamp and did not skip across anything. I landed and walked away a bit muddy.

The gun collecting, concealed pistol carrying, ex-military, bodily harm threatening, horrible person you really are.

Please place the meth pipe down, you have some severe issues with hallucinations obviously since the personal attack aspect is so prevelant. From the very first time you came into the pub insulting me thinking I was someone else ( CRACK HO) I do love your REAL view of women that that exchange portrays.

It was a VISION 168. Nice try

Ooooh :o

The plot thickens!

Ok:| Ok:|

You want a thicker plot:|

How About

Amazon is the NW delegate of the PMS:o they even skydive with a little plastic girl doll:S and won't let guy's into the sisterhood>:(

And last but not least[:/]

In case you haven't noticed it Amazon is tall:$

I had to jump in with my personnel attack before the thread got lockedB|

R.I.P.

There are a few places around that seem to rely on the passengers inexperience to dupe them into thinking they had a longer freefall.

One guy I met said he did 2 tandems from 18000' on the same day. Special price for a high one.
He liked the 1st one so much he did another.
Asked him what sort of plane ? Small Cessna.
Did he have oxygen ? NO.
How long did it last ? He didn't have a clue.

TM's wonder why they aren't so popular ?:|

Where we jumped the 15,000 foot dive boasts a 70 second freefall at around 120mph and the jump we ourselves took there was for the 18,000 foot dive with about a 90 second freefall.

They claim this is the highest in the world as far as tandems go.... any truth to that?

Unassisted, yes, but not the highest. HaloJumper.com does tandem HALO to 30,000 feet.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."